MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

15 Jul 2013 17:40 - 13 Sep 2015 21:47 #41 by Mtn Gramma
The site is seeming to be slow. Not sure if it's my connection or the site. Anyone else having this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2013 18:19 - 13 Sep 2015 21:49 #42 by mountaindollar
Thank you!!!

Just an FYI when I get a PM I am still not getting an email notification not a big deal but wanted you to know.

Site speed for me is fine I will say it is a little quicker in Firefox but IE seems the same as the old site.

15 Jul 2013 18:33 - 13 Sep 2015 21:50 #43 by archer
Speed seems the same on Chrome, but somewhat slower to load on mobile.

15 Jul 2013 22:13 - 13 Sep 2015 21:50 #44 by Mtn Gramma
I use Firefox so that isn't the issue. It's probably something with Skybeam, that perennial favorite for those of us that don't have DSL. lol

16 Jul 2013 09:26 - 13 Sep 2015 21:51 #45 by FredHayek
Still having the problem with my work machine where I can't see the left side of the screen so I can't post new threads until I get home.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jul 2013 14:20 - 13 Sep 2015 21:51 #46 by mozartsmom
How do I change my hometown from Conifer to Bailey?

16 Jul 2013 19:00 - 13 Sep 2015 21:52 #47 by pineinthegrass
I'll take back that the left edge issue with IE has been fixed.

I don't see the problem on my computer with a fast CPU. But my netbook with a slow CPU (Windows 7) still shows the issue about 60% of the time. It's better than before, but not fixed. If I refresh the screen sometimes that fixes it, sometimes not.

I was on a slow Windows XP machine today, and it shows the problem in IE as well.

And even when it is working, with IE or Chrome, it is still clunky looking. Even with Chrome I don't see the left edge until the page fully loads. Once it loads, you see the screen jump (scroll) to the left.

On the previous board I didn't see that jump at all. I'd see the left edge the minute the page starts loading and there is no movement.

edited to add..

I'm seeing the problem in IE on my fast machine now too. I'm missing the left side. If I reload the screen, it's usually OK. Not that I'm a website designer, I'm thinking maybe it's better to scroll the screen to the left before the page fully loads rather than after.

Just an uninformed suggestion... lol

16 Jul 2013 20:00 - 13 Sep 2015 21:52 #48 by pacamom
I only see Conifer weather on the home page which doesn't really matter since I skip the home page altogether.

I don't have a button for Daylight Savings Time

16 Jul 2013 22:02 - 13 Sep 2015 21:53 #49 by Mtn Gramma

pineinthegrass wrote: I was on a slow Windows XP machine today, and it shows the problem in IE as well.

And even when it is working, with IE or Chrome, it is still clunky looking. Even with Chrome I don't see the left edge until the page fully loads. Once it loads, you see the screen jump (scroll) to the left.

On the previous board I didn't see that jump at all. I'd see the left edge the minute the page starts loading and there is no movement.

Yeah -- what he said. I'm on XP with Firefox.

16 Jul 2013 22:16 - 13 Sep 2015 21:54 #50 by archer
PC and Windows 7 with chrome....works great....Cell phone and android with Jelly Bean.....not so much.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds