Local Foothills Weather Forecasts

19 Oct 2015 19:35 #61 by otisptoadwater
COME ON SNOW!!! I don't want to wait until November... Could get Ma'nature on the phone and ask her to expedite please?

:leavesfall:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2015 10:57 - 22 Oct 2015 11:06 #62 by MountainTownAlerts
Snowing big fat flakes in Evergreen and Pine!

From MissChris in Pine:

At the Evergreen Chamber of Commerce office right now:

Edit to add: In Bailey, from Dave Rivers who says they've already received 2".

22 Oct 2015 10:59 #63 by Chief Meteorologist
Looks like this will be an on-and-off thing through the day. I can see some sticking already. Let us know how much you end up with please! - Steve

22 Oct 2015 11:43 #64 by FriendsofStauntonStatePark
The ground is covered here in Pine at Staunton State Park!
www.friendsofstauntonstatepark.org/webcam

Friends of Staunton State Park's New Website!
Our Facebook Page
CPW's Page for Staunton State Park
Active park hours 6:00am-10:00pm
Park Phone: 303-816-0912
Mission Statement:
Our mission is working in partnership with others to preserve, promote, and protect the wildlife, natural beauty and historic legacy of Staunton State Park for current and future generations.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chief Meteorologist

22 Oct 2015 11:55 #65 by Chief Meteorologist
Thanks for the imagery! Stay safe out there. This is our first taste of El Nino Winter. Not more than 5 inches forecast for the towns, but above 8,000 there might be a little more.

23 Oct 2015 17:06 #66 by HappyCamper
Steve, can you start another thread on Hurricane Patricia? Very sad for the folks down there and some of our favorite places to stay are in the area. We are feeling for many of the people that work there that we see year after year.

I know some people might not care but we would be interested and maybe others might.

Thanks

23 Oct 2015 17:27 #67 by Chief Meteorologist
I just posted a whole bunch of info. Would you please make sure I've got it in the right category so people will find it? I'll keep it updated tonight and into Sunday, because we'll have flooding in TX/LA. -Steve

23 Oct 2015 20:13 #68 by ScienceChic
Hey there Chief Meteorologist, do we need to worry about frost tonight? My tomatoes are still green but I don't want to pull them off the vine yet if I don't have to.

Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2015 20:19 #69 by Chief Meteorologist
NWS has issued a "Frost Advisory" for Morrison only. This will be in effect from 2:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday the 24th. The rest of the area should stay frost-free due to lower relative humidity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

01 Nov 2015 16:50 #70 by ScienceChic
This week's forecast:
Sunny and breezy to start the week. Changes coming by Wednesday with low pressure and a cold front moving in from the northwest. We could see a rain-snow mix in some areas Tuesday night into Wednesday.

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/super-local-weather

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds