Mile markers and road scanner updates.

18 Nov 2010 14:38 #51 by CC
And you refuse to answer honest questions pchistory.
As I said...there are hundreds of examples of perfectly decent people being harassed, intimidated and threatened by the likes of people like you at Pinecam. The rule they broke....they didn't conform to what you thought they should be.
Feel free to continue to dodge the question pchistory. It is what you guys do best. People like shilohlady and JF are excellent examples of just how nutty you guys get.
How about you guys take on a little responsibility for what you have done. Try leading by example.
A good first start would be robin admitting that she was lobbing a grenade our way early this morning.
She might should have given some thought to the automatic weaponry all of us hooligans over here might have, (called a brain)
You guys are never gonna get what you did wrong. It's sad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2010 14:54 #52 by pchistory

Becky wrote: And you refuse to answer honest questions pchistory.
As I said...there are hundreds of examples of perfectly decent people being harassed, intimidated and threatened by the likes of people like you at Pinecam. The rule they broke....they didn't conform to what you thought they should be.
Feel free to continue to dodge the question pchistory. It is what you guys do best. People like shilohlady and JF are excellent examples of just how nutty you guys get.
How about you guys take on a little responsibility for what you have done. Try leading by example.
A good first start would be robin admitting that she was lobbing a grenade our way early this morning.
She might should have given some thought to the automatic weaponry all of us hooligans over here might have, (called a brain)
You guys are never gonna get what you did wrong. It's sad.

I am not one of "you guys", Becky. I am not, and never have been, an "insider" at Pinecam. I served a short time a couple of years ago as a volunteer moderator. During that time, I tried to ensure that the TOS were followed. I had no definition of what anyone "should" be, nor did it appear to me that that was done by any of the other moderators I volunteered with. No one was arbitrarily banned during that time. They were banned, by a vote of the moderators, because they had repeatedly (despite multiple warnings and temporary suspensions) violated the simple rules of the site. I witnessed what transpired preceding many of the subsequent bannings, and was rarely, if ever, surprised to see them happen.

18 Nov 2010 16:15 #53 by pacamom

robin wrote: Yes, that list was a copy and paste from Pinecam and one that Cos wrote up in 2005. :) I know I wish my area here had a list like that! I hear things on my scanner and have no idea what the mile markers are. Especially helpful in bad weather.

If you guys update that list, would you mind sharing it? You could just PM it to me and I can post it. Thanks! :)

The all powerful Queen speaks. (or should I say types...) rofllol Made my day! Do you think we don't know how to post things ourselves?

18 Nov 2010 18:14 #54 by CC
pchistory wrote

I served a short time a couple of years ago as a volunteer moderator....

Perhaps you should concede that in that "short" period of time that you served as a volunteer moderator, you did not learn all things PC and perhaps you DON'T know everything involved with the banning of hundreds of people.
I enjoy your posts about the history of our area but your defense of PC always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
This thread was about mile markers and scanner information. Robin came here early this morning in an attempt to cast a harmful spin on the mile marker information that she claimed was pilfered from PC. In actuality....It was PC that had taken that information without proper accreditation. We just wanted to get the facts on the table.
Sorry if it offended "the Queen" (I like that pacamom) or you.

One thing that bothers me about this entire dialogue is that many can't seem to find the mile marker information on PC anywhere. Is there some reason why it would be kept from the public over there since robin believes it is so helpful?

18 Nov 2010 18:44 #55 by pchistory

Becky wrote: pchistory wrote

I served a short time a couple of years ago as a volunteer moderator....

Perhaps you should concede that in that "short" period of time that you served as a volunteer moderator, you did not learn all things PC and perhaps you DON'T know everything involved with the banning of hundreds of people.
I enjoy your posts about the history of our area but your defense of PC always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
This thread was about mile markers and scanner information. Robin came here early this morning in an attempt to cast a harmful spin on the mile marker information that she claimed was pilfered from PC. In actuality....It was PC that had taken that information without proper accreditation. We just wanted to get the facts on the table.
Sorry if it offended "the Queen" (I like that pacamom) or you.

One thing that bothers me about this entire dialogue is that many can't seem to find the mile marker information on PC anywhere. Is there some reason why it would be kept from the public over there since robin believes it is so helpful?

So, like Viking has posted, you feel I should just post on local history and keep my mouth shut on all other topics. Understood. But there's no "censorship" or "cliques" on this site.

BTW, it's not "kept from the public" (or hidden away in the backrooms) on Pinecam, just buried in an old thread. It took me all of about 5 seconds to find a thread titled "Mile Marker Locations" using the "Search" function.

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ile+marker

Hmm, it wasn't Cos that posted it....

18 Nov 2010 18:50 #56 by The Viking

pchistory wrote: So, like Viking has posted, you feel I should just post on local history and keep my mouth shut on all other topics. Understood. But there's no "censorship" or "cliques" on this site.

You pathetic little whiner! You can never tell the truth can you? You are so use to lying that it is all you can do. Show me where I posted that all you should post is local history. You keep trying for the sympathy on here but lying to everyone is not going to work. You know I never once said that. Man up for once and stop lying and whining.

18 Nov 2010 19:06 #57 by CC

So, like Viking has posted, you feel I should just post on local history and keep my mouth shut on all other topics. Understood. But there's no "censorship" or "cliques" on this site.

Wow! That was a big mouthful of assumptions there, wasn't it.
That was not what I said at all.
Let's try it again.

Could you please point out in that statement where I said you should keep your mouth shut on ALL other topics?
I believe I stated that I was actually bothered by one topic that you engage in debate about.
Perhaps we are beginning to see some of the real problem.
You "assume" that you know what I mean so you run with that assumption as though it is a fact.
Perhaps....this is a broader problem with many of the moderators and BOD of PC.
Maybe "you guys" assume way to much.
Birds of a feather.....well, you know what I mean.

18 Nov 2010 19:11 #58 by CC
Also....you can talk about whatever you please here but just be aware that this topic may have you scrambling.

18 Nov 2010 19:16 #59 by pchistory

The Viking wrote:

pchistory wrote: So, like Viking has posted, you feel I should just post on local history and keep my mouth shut on all other topics. Understood. But there's no "censorship" or "cliques" on this site.

You pathetic little whiner! You can never tell the truth can you? You are so use to lying that it is all you can do. Show me where I posted that all you should post is local history. You keep trying for the sympathy on here but lying to everyone is not going to work. You know I never once said that. Man up for once and stop lying and whining.

Perhaps not stated in so many words, but certainly implied:

The Viking wrote: But that also means not coming over here and just trying to be the person who starts arguments and confrontations and cuts others down again. I do enjoy your history of Platte Cayon also.

And, speaking of whiners, you're the one who keeps whining about how you were banned for no reason when you know that it was your repeated personal attacks (similar to the one above), despite numerous warnings and temporary suspensions, culminating in one aimed directly at me that were the cause. They may be okay on this site, but they are clearly against the TOS there.

18 Nov 2010 19:18 #60 by ShilohLady

pchistory wrote: ...
BTW, it's not "kept from the public" (or hidden away in the backrooms) on Pinecam, just buried in an old thread. It took me all of about 5 seconds to find a thread titled "Mile Marker Locations" using the "Search" function.

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ile+marker

Hmm, it wasn't Cos that posted it....

That wasn't even posted until 2008... and why is it buried in some other post rather than as a sticky or announcement as it is here and at DSV ??

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds