Mile markers and road scanner updates.

17 Nov 2010 10:16 #11 by The Viking

jf1acai wrote: The list is at the top of 'Road Scanner Updates'.

When we are trying to post multiple incidents within minutes, we simply do not have time to cross reference everything.

And, we would appreciate input to add mile marker info that is not there! :)

Sorry, I guess I am going blind. Where is it at the top?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2010 10:30 #12 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Nov 2010 12:39 #13 by jf1acai
Just realized that Pacamom's list had information that was not on ours, so added it. Also made it just 'Sticky', not Announcement, maybe easier to see that way :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

17 Nov 2010 14:45 #14 by CC
pacamom's list had C470 which was a very nice addition

17 Nov 2010 16:27 #15 by The Viking
Thanks guys. Thought you meant it came up at the top of each new accident post. And I didn't realize it is on page one of the Road Scanner updates. At least I know where to find it now. Thanks a lot!

17 Nov 2010 23:17 #16 by robin
Yes, that list was a copy and paste from Pinecam and one that Cos wrote up in 2005. :) I know I wish my area here had a list like that! I hear things on my scanner and have no idea what the mile markers are. Especially helpful in bad weather.

If you guys update that list, would you mind sharing it? You could just PM it to me and I can post it. Thanks! :)

18 Nov 2010 06:57 #17 by jf1acai
That list was originally posted on DSV March 26, 2003 - http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.co ... .php?t=550

Cos may have copied and modified it in 2005.

I have no objection to the updated version being used by Pinecam, but that is up to the management of 285bound.

18 Nov 2010 07:01 #18 by JMC
We would be happy to share the list with PC or anywhere else it can help people.

18 Nov 2010 08:07 - 01 Oct 2014 21:40 #19 by CC
Interesting post robin.
You guys are a piece of work.
Maybe we should do a little history lesson here for those who are not familiar with how the scanner teams began.
Our area had already been hit by a couple of pretty serious wildfires in 2000/2002 and frustration within the public was growing about the kind of information the public was receiving from official sources. Our neighbors were starving for information about what was happening around them.
Soozee, chocolove and I all had scanners and when the Hayman Fire started, we began to post information into the Pinecam chat-room and onto the website. As time went on...others joined in to help.
In 2003, we were joined by Jf1acai and shilohlady. The first scanner team was born.
Many of those listed above have ultimately left Pinecam and continued to hone their skills at a website called http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.com .
That original scanner team has continued to provide scanner information for the public since 2003.
DSV is a local non profit organization dedicated to educating the public about fires and emergency precautions and is also a collection site for local volunteers who wish to do something meaningful in a time of emergency. Many of the people listed above have either served on the board of directors or currently serve the public through DSV. (If you would like to be among the local volunteers who serve the community in a disaster, please contact the management of DSV.) It is also a place for tax deductable donations that go to directly help our local residents.
During the blizzard of 2003, shilohlady and jf1acai collaborated on a list of mile markers to help the community understand the information they were seeing on DSV. That list of mile markers was posted to DSV on March of 2003. An almost identical list was posted by Cosmicowboy55 in 2005 to Pinecam's website. It is my understanding that the list exists in the back rooms of Pinecam. Many interesting things can be found in the back rooms of Pinecam. Several years ago, we noticed several hits to DSV from Pinecam only to find out that they had installed a DSV scroller on the back-end so that they had direct access to posts from DSV. Kinda shady! DSV
We are all proud to be part of the team here at 285bound.com. The members here enjoy the most experienced, professional team in the area.....probably period. (but I am biased)
So robin, when you want to try and lob an insult our way....you might be a little more careful about your history and facts.
Pinecam is welcome to the work and information that has been created by members of our team. Cut and paste whenever you like because the goal here is to serve the community. Right?

18 Nov 2010 08:56 #20 by FOS
to robin

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds