Mile markers and road scanner updates.

18 Nov 2010 11:35 #21 by robin
Thank you jf1acai for the history of the list and where it came from originally. Also thanks JMC for your post.

Hey Becky, I am not "you guys". But most times when I post over here some of you think that I am a spokesperson or something for Pinecam. If you want to keep despising ME for some reason, that's fine, but don't lump others into it. :chillpill:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2010 11:57 #22 by CC
robin....you are on the board of directors for Pinecam. You quite often "speak" for Pinecam so forgive me for making that assumption this time. 9 of your 14 posts either mention Pinecam or defend Pinecam and it's actions in some way.
I don't despise you at all robin. (though I do believe that you despise me.)
I do believe you have worked with others as a group to do some damage to some extremely good people though.
This is only my opinion but I suspect that for you, 285bound will always be about us vrs them.
Go take a look at that 14+ page thread about being banned or suspended here. You might just learn a little something.
Your information was incorrect.
You were called on it.
Just that simple.
(And you can pretend your post here early this morning was not on behalf of Pinecam but I for one am not buying it)

18 Nov 2010 12:33 #23 by robin

Becky wrote: robin....you are on the board of directors for Pinecam. You quite often "speak" for Pinecam so forgive me for making that assumption this time. 9 of your 14 posts either mention Pinecam or defend Pinecam and it's actions in some way.
I don't despise you at all robin. (though I do believe that you despise me.)
I do believe you have worked with others as a group to do some damage to some extremely good people though.
This is only my opinion but I suspect that for you, 285bound will always be about us vrs them.
Go take a look at that 14+ page thread about being banned or suspended here. You might just learn a little something.
Your information was incorrect.
You were called on it.
Just that simple.
(And you can pretend your post here early this morning was not on behalf of Pinecam but I for one am not buying it)

Man, I am getting sucked in here.... my post was done on my OWN free will. Nobody approved it or had a hand in it. So if you have a problem with it go ahead and slam ME for it and no one else at Pinecam. I take full responsibility on behalf of MYSELF. Make it a big deal if you want. And I do not feel I have done any damage to anyone ever, that's not me, but you are going to feel how you feel and we are not going to change each others feelings by doing this.

My problem is that I posted where the list came from, as far as I knew, and then asked if an updated list could be shared. I think some people got that, and I did not mind anyone posting about where the actual original came from. WHY in the world is this such a huge problem? Seeing the list made me realize how beneficial it would be to have something like that here where I live.

And, yes, I do love Pinecam. It's that simple. I love it as a member and I love it as a volunteer in whatever capacity I can help.

So, I am through here. As a matter of fact, to make you happy, I will never post on this site again. I did not think that is what some had visioned for this site...but it's best for me and in the long run probably best for Pinecam that I shut up! :biggrin:

It's too bad this thread turned into what it did...maybe someone could repost the list of mile markers in a new thread so people don't have to wade through all this crap to find it.

18 Nov 2010 12:38 #24 by jf1acai
The list of mile markers is at <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=104 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=48&t=104<!-- l -->

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 Nov 2010 12:57 #25 by The Viking

robin wrote: And I do not feel I have done any damage to anyone ever, that's not me, but you are going to feel how you feel and we are not going to change each others feelings by doing this.

The sad part is that you really believe what you just wrote. And that fact that you believe it shows many of us who have been very wronged by a group of you over there, that that not only included you, but in which you were a very central part of their actions, it shows us that you just don't get it. You don't see the damage you have done to others and how you helped greatly in creating a rift in a community in which you do not even reside. You really believe your actions make you inculpable just because you continue to tell us it is so.

Well, way too many of us on here use to love Pinecam too and loved being a part of it, but thanks to your actions, which were part of a posse of controlists (I know that isn't a word but I like it and it fits) over there, we are no longer welcome there for the most petty of reasons, and yet you continue to claim your innocence in the whole matter. Well, you just enjoy that site in the comfort of your home thousands of miles away, where you have banned many of us who actually live in the community where it was started. Yes it was as a group, but I was privy to some of the back room discussions and know how much say you had in a lot of it. So you can't lie to us and expect us to believe it. You can search for forgiveness because you can't stand people being mad at you, but don't expect it when you have been a part of treating so many people wrong in our community and still defend their actions.

18 Nov 2010 12:58 #26 by CC
The list of mile markers has been available on this site since may to the public and on DSV since March of 2003.
I can tell you this robin.....there was a lot of high blood pressure shared this am by several folks after reading your post.
I was given a call at 7:00am to take a look at it.
We all felt exactly the same. We are tired of Pinecam stealing credit for others work. There is a long sordid history involved with that kind of behavior. You can try to martyr yourself all you want but you have caused a lot of hurt to a lot of people who did not deserve the treatment they have received by you and others in the inner circle.
One character trait that I do dislike in some people is the inability to take responsibility for their actions. I also hate double standards.
We ALL loved Pinecam at one time. Now we don't.
If you want to be done here then fine....that is your choice but don't blame me for your loss of this website. Your leaving will not make me happy. As a matter of fact, I would prefer that you become a regular member and show all of us just how wrong I am about you.
If you are going to post here....you best be ready to defend your position. I will say this again...."This ain't Pinecam hon."
(this thread will remain in it's entirety and will not be edited or deleted by the management.)
Don't misunderstand the cordial responses from others here. Their viewpoint was no different than mine. I am just a bit more direct. A quality that was my undoing at your beloved Pinecam.
Let me remind you that it was you that brought Pinecam into this discussion. It was by your hand that this thread changed direction. Many of us simply reacted to your passive aggressive slam.
Have a good one robin.

Put your and deal with it!

18 Nov 2010 13:04 #27 by The Viking

robin wrote: Thank you jf1acai for the history of the list and where it came from originally. Also thanks JMC for your post.

Hey Becky, I am not "you guys". But most times when I post over here some of you think that I am a spokesperson or something for Pinecam. If you want to keep despising ME for some reason, that's fine, but don't lump others into it. :chillpill:

And seriously, you ARE part of the others. You were a main part of them that started to divide our community and a main reason many of us are not allowed on a local community site anymore even though you don't even live here. So yes, you are ALL lumped together, who created the mess that was started up here.

18 Nov 2010 13:05 #28 by The Viking

Becky wrote: The list of mile markers has been available on this site since may to the public and on DSV since March of 2003.
I can tell you this robin.....there was a lot of high blood pressure shared this am by several folks after reading your post.
I was given a call at 7:00am to take a look at it.
We all felt exactly the same. We are tired of Pinecam stealing credit for others work. There is a long sordid history involved with that kind of behavior. You can try to martyr yourself all you want but you have caused a lot of hurt to a lot of people who did not deserve the treatment they have received by you and others in the inner circle.
One character trait that I do dislike in some people is the inability to take responsibility for their actions. I also hate double standards.
We ALL loved Pinecam at one time. Now we don't.
If you want to be done here then fine....that is your choice but don't blame me for your loss of this website. Your leaving will not make me happy. As a matter of fact, I would prefer that you become a regular member and show all of us just how wrong I am about you.
If you are going to post here....you best be ready to defend your position. I will say this again...."This ain't Pinecam hon."
(this thread will remain in it's entirety and will not be edited or deleted by the management.)
Don't misunderstand the cordial responses from others here. Their viewpoint was no different than mine. I am just a bit more direct. A quality that was my undoing at your beloved Pinecam.
Let me remind you that it was you that brought Pinecam into this discussion. It was by your hand that this thread changed direction. Many of us simply reacted to your passive aggressive slam.
Have a good one robin.

Put your

and deal with it!

Exactly. We typed over each other but kind of the same message.

18 Nov 2010 13:09 #29 by pchistory
All of you who were banned from Pinecam were banned for one simple reason: your own behavior.

Put your and deal with it!

18 Nov 2010 13:17 #30 by jf1acai
Yep, I suspect we all have the same fatal character flaw - we tell the truth.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds