× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Tebow stinking up the practice field

19 Nov 2011 10:45 #301 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote:

archer wrote: Tebow has forced Fox and Elway to handle the change a totally way. Instead of the quarterback running the offense that the coach designed and the players have worked on since training camp, now they are designing the offense around the QB...and that has to be hard for both the coaches and the team. I think Fox deserves credit for doing that even if he came to that change kicking and screaming. After the game a NFL analyst commented that he has never seen a team or coach do that after a change at QB mid season.

Wait a minute, in my view, with this change they are actually able to use much more of the playbook than they did with Orton. And the play calling has been horrendous, especially on 3rd down.

Are you fo the opinion that they could be calling more passes or is it with the kind of runs being called?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2011 11:33 #302 by archer
Tebow is but one player on the team...yes he runs the offense and is the leader of the team, but the rest of the team needs to be considered when designing plays and creating a game plan. I would expect there would be a learning curve when making fundamental changes to the offensive game plan. Normally a new QB is fit into an existing offense...not the other way around. This is a work in progress, they all have adjustments to make.

19 Nov 2011 16:17 #303 by znovkovic
Go Tebow and the rest can kiss my ass!

19 Nov 2011 16:37 #304 by JMC
I don't think he is a long term answer(see Vince Young) but I am enjoying the entertainment. I hope he pulls it off.

19 Nov 2011 17:06 #305 by Martin Ent Inc
Hey after coaching a gazillion carnation instant milk bowls and knowing football so F'n well I could make goat a Pro Bowl QB I say he is just a fad.

But He is fun to watch and the game is about winning and that is what he is doing.

19 Nov 2011 21:33 #306 by Rockdoc

jmc wrote: I don't think he is a long term answer(see Vince Young) but I am enjoying the entertainment. I hope he pulls it off.

For supporting documentation you can point to Steve Young instead. The choice of how you view Tebow is yours. For examples you can dredge up all kinds, in support of your views. Who can argue with success? Perhaps he is nothing more than a square peg people want to pound into a round hole? It takes these kinds of people to create change and more the world forward. My own perspective is he is and will be an ever increasing force to be reckoned with down the road. Apparently so does some who really know something about QBs.

Everybody wants Timmy to be a 60 percent (passing) quarterback. I guarantee he soon will be," Bratkowski said. "He'll get better and keep improving. He was 31-of-35 in his last college game (the Sugar Bowl). Despite what his critics say, he will be a great passer.
The 80-year-old Bratkowski was around more than a few quarterbacks in his 40 NFL seasons — 14 as a quarterback and 26 as an assistant coach. He served as Bart Starr's backup when the Packers won an NFL championship (and got Green Bay to the game by taking over for an injured Starr in a playoff game and starring), then the first two Super Bowls.

Read more: Woody Paige: Tim Tebow has a big backer in Zeke Bratkowski - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_1937 ... z1eMOXFHgN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

23 Nov 2011 17:55 #307 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field

30 Nov 2011 05:49 #308 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field
Tim Tebow, Broncos running “high school offense”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/201 ... nse/10916/

I posted this on [url=http://www.Smokyhillbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.Smokyhillbound.com[/url] Remember how I harp on creativity in the NFL? Here is your sign. Took a chance and so far it is working. This may be why you see so much worry in coaching staff in Denver. You watch, the other coaches will copy.

30 Nov 2011 07:44 #309 by Rockdoc
Creative thinking in the NFL??? From self-declared experts, to anointed experts, coaches and front office personnel, there is a collection of dogmatic thinking, a unwillingness or perhaps even an inability to step outside the box until some rare brave soul does it, demonstrates effectiveness and then the copycats begin to change their tune. I find it amusing.

30 Nov 2011 07:50 #310 by znovkovic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Creative thinking in the NFL??? From self-declared experts, to anointed experts, coaches and front office personnel, there is a collection of dogmatic thinking, a unwillingness or perhaps even an inability to step outside the box until some rare brave soul does it, demonstrates effectiveness and then the copycats begin to change their tune. I find it amusing.

elway is just pissed he couldn't do it at his early tender age and hopefully Fox won't show is old age? i agree, let's give the kid a break and enjoy the entertainment.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds