× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Tebow stinking up the practice field

23 Oct 2011 20:05 #281 by The Viking

The Viking wrote: So back on topic, how about we predict how Tebow will do his first game. I say 240 yards passing, 2 TD 1 Int. 65 yards rushing and 2 TD's. And a 38-17 victory.

Well I wasn't too far off. 161 yards passing. 2 TD's 0 INT. And I nailed the rushing yards exactly! 65 yards. No TD's but a 2 point conversion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2011 20:20 #282 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field
How did Ponder look today? Only highlight I saw, was that first pass that almost went the distance.

23 Oct 2011 20:26 #283 by The Viking

Argyle wrote: How did Ponder look today? Only highlight I saw, was that first pass that almost went the distance.

I was out all day. Haven't watched it yet but 13 out of 32 isn't great. But according to a few I listened to, he lookd pretty good for his first game. 2 TD's, 27 points, and keeping up with GB with a chance to win had they only stopped that last third and 7, he at least led them well. Opened things up enough to where Peterson got 175 yards. So I guess he did better than McNabb has all year.

23 Oct 2011 20:39 #284 by Rockdoc

The Viking wrote:

The Viking wrote: So back on topic, how about we predict how Tebow will do his first game. I say 240 yards passing, 2 TD 1 Int. 65 yards rushing and 2 TD's. And a 38-17 victory.

Well I wasn't too far off. 161 yards passing. 2 TD's 0 INT. And I nailed the rushing yards exactly! 65 yards. No TD's but a 2 point conversion.

This was the first game in which a defense worked on taking away his strengths. It took a while (31/2 quarters) for him to adjust(?) but then he did his thing.. that will to win thing. I look for him to have similar stats (perhaps a little worse) next week against the Lions. Their defense is just too good. As mentioned previously, I've not seen any of the teams play a regular season game so I've no feel for what is going on, only from what I read. If Miami managed 7 sacks, he will take a pounding from Detroit. Perhaps the game plan needs to include more rolling out moving pockets to mitigate the pass rush.

24 Oct 2011 08:23 #285 by Photo-fish
Ponder looked pretty good exept for a few INT by Woodson. I was nervous for the Packers because there was no film on Ponder for them to study and he came out with no fear. He will be a good QB for the Vikings. That was a tough first half to watch. If the Vikings had a much better defense, this game would have gone the other way. But it didn't and the Packers are now 7 & 0 for the first time since 1962.

Now we all just have to suffer through a week of "Saint Tebow" and "The Miracle in Miami". Sheesh!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

24 Oct 2011 08:29 #286 by Rockdoc
I caught a glimpse of Pounder on a rerun of the previous game. He did pick the Vikings up after replacing McMan.

24 Oct 2011 08:31 #287 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote: Ponder looked pretty good exept for a few INT by Woodson. I was nervous for the Packers because there was no film on Ponder for them to study and he came out with no fear. He will be a good QB for the Vikings. That was a tough first half to watch. If the Vikings had a much better defense, this game would have gone the other way. But it didn't and the Packers are now 7 & 0 for the first time since 1962.

Now we all just have to suffer through a week of "Saint Tebow" and "The Miracle in Miami". Sheesh!

I agree. I finally watched the game last night. He has some very accurate and precise passes. He looked 10 times better than Tebow when it came to throwing. And very poised in the pocket. He took some hits while still getting of great passes right on target. I know the Vikes season is over so I am torn. I like Ponder and want him to have a great season, but I still want them to end up with a top 3 pick and fill some much needed holes.

06 Nov 2011 11:52 - 07 Nov 2011 21:17 #288 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field
http://espn.com/blog/afcwest/time-for-elway-to-think-post-Tebow

Saw this on Deadspin. Didn't read the article, but check out the comments. They've been ripping on Tebow for over a week, to the point where it's developed into its own meme. New posts still rolling in, every few seconds. People sure do enjoy hating on Tebow.

06 Nov 2011 12:39 #289 by Rockdoc
Losers come out to gloat when someone they hate fails. (eg. VL or whatever the hell his name is this minute) Winners, know that failure is possible for everyone, especially at the beginning :) ))

17 Nov 2011 23:29 #290 by Rockdoc
Tebow continues to be less than impressive for much of the game according to many. Yet, he continues to improve. Perhaps its foolish, but can you imagine, a QB mature Tebow in a year from now? I think he will be a monster in terms of winning.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds