× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Tebow stinking up the practice field

30 Nov 2011 07:52 #311 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field
well for them it is a risk to try something that might not work. All head coaches have the same thinking and want to win. So, they don't want to take risk. One game is all it takes to not get in the playoffs. But Denver had no choice and there you are.

I agree Rockdoc. If you look at people in the world that people think are 'brilliant' (Steve Jobs, etc.) are really just people that have the courage to do it differently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but if it does you look like a genius. I have a really good Ted talk that talks about education in this way if you are interested I would love to send it to you. Horse to a Ford again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2011 13:40 #312 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote: well for them it is a risk to try something that might not work. All head coaches have the same thinking and want to win. So, they don't want to take risk. One game is all it takes to not get in the playoffs. But Denver had no choice and there you are.

I agree Rockdoc. If you look at people in the world that people think are 'brilliant' (Steve Jobs, etc.) are really just people that have the courage to do it differently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but if it does you look like a genius. I have a really good Ted talk that talks about education in this way if you are interested I would love to send it to you. Horse to a Ford again.

Ok, I'll admit that I'm more than happy to take risks to try out new ideas. In fact, I revel at challenging dogma and fail to understand why people cling so desperately to the tired tried ways, especially when they no longer work. The global warming, ie. climate change is a good example as well. Scientists who cling to a flawed model leave me totally puzzled because there is no risk involved at all in leveling a hypothesis and laughing about it if you discover it is wrong. Now I understand the need to win, but I think where I differ with the coaching perspective is the willingness to hang on with an approach even if you are losing a ton of games. THey hang on and use every possible explanation to tell you why things are like they are. Rarely, do you see that the Broncos have done, but then again, there were no major expectations at 1-4. In this case, the experiment has turned out far better than imagined. Who is going to be cited as a genius now if the experiment continues to work? Sometimes circumstances do much to make one be perceived as a brilliant, but it is less brilliance than necessity.

30 Nov 2011 13:52 #313 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field
Well, I will give them this. It is not easy to change a whole defense or offense because you have teach a new position to everyone.

30 Nov 2011 13:57 #314 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tebow stinking up the practice field

CinnamonGirl wrote: I agree Rockdoc. If you look at people in the world that people think are 'brilliant' (Steve Jobs, etc.) are really just people that have the courage to do it differently.

A lot of it is just being in the right place at the right time.....

And the option will never work in the NFL because the players are too fast

30 Nov 2011 14:32 #315 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: I agree Rockdoc. If you look at people in the world that people think are 'brilliant' (Steve Jobs, etc.) are really just people that have the courage to do it differently.

A lot of it is just being in the right place at the right time.....

And the option will never work in the NFL because the players are too fast

You are right. A 5-1 record proves that. :biggrin:

30 Nov 2011 14:39 #316 by The Viking
And Tebow should go 8-3 this year and maybe 9-2 if they can beat the Bears. And they still have a great shot at making the playoffs thanks to Tebows leadership, the defense and the X factor! You know that an X is a Cross. THAT is his 'X' factor!

30 Nov 2011 15:06 #317 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote: And Tebow should go 8-3 this year and maybe 9-2

You mean if the Broncos go 8-3 or 9-2?

This isn't golf..The Defense and special teams are winning these games, not the offense. And anything the offense does well is due to the offensive line, not the quarterback..The Broncos are winning in spite of Tebow, not because of him. He's the only guy on the team thats not doing his job.

30 Nov 2011 15:32 #318 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote: And Tebow should go 8-3 this year and maybe 9-2

You mean if the Broncos go 8-3 or 9-2?

This isn't golf..The Defense and special teams are winning these games, not the offense. And anything the offense does well is due to the offensive line, not the quarterback..The Broncos are winning in spite of Tebow, not because of him. He's the only guy on the team thats not doing his job.

You are right. It is a team sport. But you know that all QB's have a record of wins and losses so you know what I meant.

02 Dec 2011 13:32 #319 by ScienceChic
Interesting food for thought...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim- ... him-110211
Why the heck do we hate Tim Tebow?
Jen Floyd Engel
Updated Nov 3, 2011

...it is like he is too good to be true. He is too nice, and thereby we want him to trip up so we can feel better. We want him to be revealed as a hypocrite, and when that fails to happen, we settle for gleefully celebrating his failures on the football field. And why?

One of the things Boomer Esiason got right earlier this week in his vicious, radio-show takedown on Tebow as a quarterback was how personal the criticism is. I could not figure out what was causing this onslaught of venom for a guy almost everybody claims to like, and I finally decided it is more about us. He makes us uncomfortable.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Dec 2011 14:17 #320 by UNDER MODERATION
I made a big bet that he would'nt be drafted in the first round..I thought it was a sure thing because nobody in their right minds would take him in the first round..A lot of my hatred left when I got it all back in the Detroit game, but I still think he's terrible...Do you know that most college QB's are like Tebow..They run, they run from the spread offense and all of these black college QB's run faster, are more agile, accelerate quicker and none of them get the chance Tebow got here..No team has ever reverted back to a total run oriented college offense for them....I'm sure they are wondering whats up? Is it race or religion?

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds