× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285Bounds 2nd ANNUAL PICK 3 CONTEST- Without The Vice Lord

06 Sep 2011 14:47 #21 by JMC

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: new orleans
indianapolis
ny jets

Just in Hoot-Peyton Manning is not playing..By rule you can't change it, but I'll help you with your picks next week if you want? There's no rule against that

OK, this is officially the stupidest rule ever but what else would you expect from a amateur like VL. So if a QB breaks a leg minutes after you pick and the spread changes, you can't change your pick? And what spread do you get to use? So if it was pick when Hoot picked Indy and now it is +10, do they get the plus 10 now?

You still have not said which spread we are using. Many are just naming teams without a spread. So is it the final spread at kickoff no matter when you picked?

Hey Viking, for the chance to win a grand + of VL's money, I will happily accept his rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2011 15:04 - 06 Sep 2011 15:50 #22 by The Viking

jmc wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: new orleans
indianapolis
ny jets

Just in Hoot-Peyton Manning is not playing..By rule you can't change it, but I'll help you with your picks next week if you want? There's no rule against that

OK, this is officially the stupidest rule ever but what else would you expect from a amateur like VL. So if a QB breaks a leg minutes after you pick and the spread changes, you can't change your pick? And what spread do you get to use? So if it was pick when Hoot picked Indy and now it is +10, do they get the plus 10 now?

You still have not said which spread we are using. Many are just naming teams without a spread. So is it the final spread at kickoff no matter when you picked?

Hey Viking, for the chance to win a grand + of VL's money, I will happily accept his rules.

Oh come on, we all know that he will claim cheating like last year and won't pay. And secondly, we have to stick with the OPENING lines? No matter what happens during the week?

Since VL posted his pick as Houston as a 'pick em' when he made his selection and now with Manning out, the spread is 8.5 - 9 in all the spreads. THAT is the the spread I would take with Indy even with Manning out. Why are we using a spread that they throw out before any facts for the week are in? Since I might pick today, can I take Indy +9 since that is what the spread is?

06 Sep 2011 15:15 #23 by The Viking
Fine we will go with these rules. Just think that anyone should be able to change picks at anytime up until kickoff. It is time stamped. What does it hurt?

06 Sep 2011 17:28 #24 by ScienceChic
It's just incentive to not pick until the very last moment if you can't change. The lines won't change right?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2011 17:33 #25 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: It's just incentive to not pick until the very last moment if you can't change. The lines won't change right?

Oh the lines change. Just not the opening line. SO we can just all wait until an injury happens and then pick the easier picks. Since VL doesn't like the 50/50 picks.

06 Sep 2011 18:18 #26 by Rockdoc
I would demand the rules be put in writing and that whenever new situations come up not covered in the rules, participants vote on how to handle addendums. Most know the self serving tactics of VL.

06 Sep 2011 18:21 #27 by JMC

Rockdoc Franz wrote: I would demand the rules be put in writing and that whenever new situations come up not covered in the rules, participants vote on how to handle addendums. Most know the self serving tactics of VL.

He's putting up the prize money and it costs nothing to play.I don't see the problem.

07 Sep 2011 14:43 #28 by RenegadeCJ
I'll go ahead and pick...so I don't forget

Arizona -3
Houston pickum
Cleveland -2.5

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Sep 2011 16:42 #29 by CinnamonGirl
VL, I finally get on here after a while, I have been gone. And WTH? $1000.00? Just a warning, you will most likely never see that when you win. I am going right now to line and post my picks.

07 Sep 2011 16:43 #30 by CinnamonGirl
Which spread are we using?

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds