× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285Bounds 2nd ANNUAL PICK 3 CONTEST- Without The Vice Lord

05 Sep 2011 12:11 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285Bounds 2nd ANNUAL PICK 3 CONTEST- Without The Vice Lord

Hoot Owl wrote:

pacamom wrote: That only works in horse racing.

In horse racing, always pick the one that pees last, and never the gray horse.

Interesting system you have there Hoot, mines not as complicated.

I always just try to pick the fastest horse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2011 13:29 #12 by ScienceChic
VL, I think the deadline to pick needs to be extended to Wednesday, especially as, for this first week, today is a holiday and many people are out of town, or taking a break from the boards.

Plus, I'm not ready yet! :biggrin: Thank you!!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Sep 2011 13:33 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285Bounds 2nd ANNUAL PICK 3 CONTEST- Without The Vice Lord

Science Chic wrote: VL, I think the deadline to pick needs to be extended to Wednesday, especially as, for this first week, today is a holiday and many people are out of town, or taking a break from the boards.

Plus, I'm not ready yet! :biggrin: Thank you!!!

No..I said next monday night..you can pick games right up until kickoffs...Everyweek

05 Sep 2011 15:49 #14 by ScienceChic
Okay, but the first game this week, and some other weeks, is Thursday...so does that mean that everyone just has to make their selection by kickoff Thursday night for that game only if they want to use it as one of their picks?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Sep 2011 17:06 #15 by UNDER MODERATION
No..play thursdays games if you want, if not you can post your picks right up until kickoff on Sundays or Monday night. 3 picks a week..1 per game..

06 Sep 2011 10:29 #16 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote: OK- Here are the OFFICIAL RULES:
Lines are the opening lines- The Opening lines never change-You can get them here 24/7:

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

You can make your picks right up until game time (using the opening lines) of any games - Of course you cannot pick a game after it kicks off. Once picks are made you cannot change them for any reason. If you have not made your 3rd pick at Kickoff of Monday nights game this week you are disqualified. Missed picks/weeks for any reason count as loses and the player WITH THE MOST WINS (ties will be used only as tie breakers)...WINS

$1000 cash.
1 free drink with the Vice Lord and "Lil Precious" when I deliver prize winnings
1 $50 coupon from Red Lobster
3 Courtside seats to a DU basketball game

BTW, just so y'all know, the prize is coming from VL, not 285Bound - I'm looking forward to winning that $1K myself! :biggrin:

06 Sep 2011 10:37 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
I'm also offering two space available Buddy Passes to anywhere in the contental united states including Alaska and Hawaii.

06 Sep 2011 12:50 #18 by JMC
Okay , I'm in
Houston
Arizona
and I know I will regret this-Denver

06 Sep 2011 14:06 #19 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: new orleans
indianapolis
ny jets

Just in Hoot-Peyton Manning is not playing..By rule you can't change it, but I'll help you with your picks next week if you want? There's no rule against that

OK, this is officially the stupidest rule ever but what else would you expect from a amateur like VL. So if a QB breaks a leg minutes after you pick and the spread changes, you can't change your pick? And what spread do you get to use? So if it was pick when Hoot picked Indy and now it is +10, do they get the plus 10 now?

You still have not said which spread we are using. Many are just naming teams without a spread. So is it the final spread at kickoff no matter when you picked?

06 Sep 2011 14:25 #20 by The Viking
Renegade was great at posting the official spreads that we were using each week. Wonder if VL can do that?

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds