× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos set up a meeting with Payton Manning tonight

16 Mar 2012 13:40 #61 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: KC stole Peyton Hillis, bummer. It is going to suck next season when he runs for 100 yards against the pourus Broncos defense twice.

Agreed, never understood why dumbass kept him off the field.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2012 13:44 #62 by Rick
Fox and Elway watching Manning practice at Duke today. Manning also turned down the Dolphins. This could get interesting and possibly ugly.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

16 Mar 2012 17:16 #63 by LOL
$90 million for 5 years. Not too shabby.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Mar 2012 23:54 #64 by pineinthegrass
I think I saw Manning also snuck in his schedule some time with the 49ers.

Maybe just a ploy by the 9ers to resign Alex Smith? If not and they are serious, I think Manning might go to the 9ers since they were just a game away from the Superbowl and have an even better defense than Denver I think.

Interesting since the 49ers have a guy I've followed at 2nd string as a rookie in Colin Kaepernick from Nevada. He can be compared to Tebow in some ways as a pro (different carreers in college,though).

17 Mar 2012 08:04 #65 by LOL
Woody Paige's source thinks the Broncos have dropped to #3 now.
See Denver Post. I'm guessing Titans too.

Titans
49ers
Broncos

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Mar 2012 10:23 #66 by JSG
It's the free Shoney's pancakes, I'm betting. They took out an ad offering him free pancakes as long as he plays for the Titans.

17 Mar 2012 10:38 #67 by Rockdoc

pineinthegrass wrote: I think I saw Manning also snuck in his schedule some time with the 49ers.

Maybe just a ploy by the 9ers to resign Alex Smith? If not and they are serious, I think Manning might go to the 9ers since they were just a game away from the Superbowl and have an even better defense than Denver I think.

Interesting since the 49ers have a guy I've followed at 2nd string as a rookie in Colin Kaepernick from Nevada. He can be compared to Tebow in some ways as a pro (different carreers in college,though).

Agree with your logic.

17 Mar 2012 17:52 #68 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Broncos set up a meeting with Payton Manning tonight

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: I think I saw Manning also snuck in his schedule some time with the 49ers.

Agree with your logic.

I disagree, Kaepernick is nothing like Tebow and no coach would ever encourage him to run with the ball in the NFL. It looks like Peyton is playing the Broncos- I told you, there is no chance of him coming here. I tried to warn you not to get your hopes up...

Have you ever been to San Fransico? There's a lot going on there while this is still and will always be a one horse town. We never had a chance

17 Mar 2012 18:30 #69 by LOL

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Agree with your logic.

I agree with agreeing with Rocdoc. VL has no verifiable credentials.

17 Mar 2012 20:34 #70 by pineinthegrass
I mainly ment that Kaepernick is an athletic QB like Tebow who can run which is a lot different than Manning. Kaep is a bit faster than Tebow and Tebow is built more for running (not that it's a good idea for an NFL QB to run so much). Kaep has a rocket arm but Kaep also has questions about accuracy and quick release, though I think his accuracy will be much better than what Tebow showed last year assuming Kaep ever gets playing time.

And thinking about it more, Manning might not want to play for Harbaugh since Harbaugh seems to be a very controlling coach with the QB's and I think Manning likes to be the QB coach on the field. Also the 49er's offensive line wasn't that great in pass protection. Without looking it up, I recall Smith taking a lot of nasty sacks last season and Smith is also pretty athletic (at least compared to Manning).

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds