× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football-285 bound league

18 Aug 2010 13:56 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fantasy Football-285 bound league
How does that work Wiseguy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 14:27 #12 by RenegadeCJ
Instead of "drafting" per se, each team gets a budget. Say $1000. You then "bid" on players. From my experience, people who have done this type of drafting are at an advantage. Noobs can get in a lot of trouble, right away. You might spend $500 on one player (although you shouldn't). Each person takes a turn "nominating" a player to be bid on, and everyone then makes the decision.

I'm fine with whichever way....once we decide who wants to play, we'll take a vote!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

18 Aug 2010 15:01 #13 by CinnamonGirl
No wonder Wiseguy wants it that way. LOL But it is fun to trade. I just want a good running back. That is my bread and butter. D does nothing. So of course I want Adrian. I will do ANYTHING to get him. LOL

18 Aug 2010 21:36 #14 by ScienceChic
CG - in our league, we have it set up that a good Def can win you games (they get points not only for interceptions and fumble recoveries returned for TDs, punt returns for TDs, and safeties, but also for how few of points they hold the other team to, QB sacks, blocked kicks, and plain old turnovers even if they don't result in a TD).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Aug 2010 07:18 #15 by CinnamonGirl
In my league last year, My D did nothing for me. The running back and QB got all my points. And the D didn't make much of a difference. And it was boring because no one even talked to each other about it. Maybe the rules were different.

20 Aug 2010 12:45 #16 by wiseguy33
Here are a couple of places with draft software if you want to do it on the site

http://www.pcdrafter.com/
http://www.fandraft.com/

20 Aug 2010 13:21 #17 by CinnamonGirl
So, we would have to pay for it?

20 Aug 2010 22:27 #18 by wiseguy33
Not sure. They have free "light" versions but I am not sure if they would be adequate for a full draft. I need to research more

20 Aug 2010 22:35 #19 by CinnamonGirl
I think it would be fun to have our own here. Let us know how much.

23 Aug 2010 07:40 #20 by RenegadeCJ
I was just kind of thinking about running a thread...makes it free for all, but I've never used the more high-tech draft software. We just need enough interest to make a league!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds