× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

28 Aug 2016 17:55 - 28 Aug 2016 17:55 #181 by ScienceChic
Alright everyone, the Brooks Place Tavern back tables are reserved for us on Wednesday Sept 7th at 7pm, and if you could let me know if you'll be there so I can let Janice know how many tables to pull together (right now, it's just 2 tables so we can fit ~eight), that would be awesome. Reply here or RSVP on our Facebook event . Thanks!!!

This is a My Mountain Town gathering so even if you're not participating in the league, you are all more than welcome to come join us for appetizers/dinner and drinks! The more the merrier! :cheersbeer:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Froberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2016 18:01 #182 by The Viking
So is this where people are going to do the actual draft?

28 Aug 2016 18:12 #183 by ScienceChic
We're still going to do an online draft, but this gives us the chance to meet some new people and get to know our fellow competitors! Bring your laptop if you're doing the draft. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Aug 2016 15:52 #184 by Froberg
I will be joining at Brook's. My fiance is going to hang out with the group as well, so put us down for two if that's cool?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

29 Aug 2016 18:31 #185 by Dak4
Replied by Dak4 on topic Fantasy Football Time of Year!
I'd like to join the league
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

29 Aug 2016 18:41 #186 by Dak4
I'd like to join.

30 Aug 2016 05:20 #187 by RenegadeCJ
Great Dak! That would give us a full league!
PM me your email address so I can get you signed up in the league. As soon as I get this, I can reactivate the leagues for the year!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Aug 2016 11:19 #188 by ScienceChic
Welcome Dak4, we're happy to have you on board!

Renegade, I had two other people express interest, let me follow up with them to see if they're serious since we've got a few days yet.

30 Aug 2016 17:29 #189 by freebird
Sorry, we won't be able to join you all at Brook's next Wednesday but will be home for the online draft.

RenegadeCJ, I will look at the rules once we can login to ESPN, but did want to ask everyone about one past rule I think we should consider changing. In the past, the waiver wire order was inverse of the overall ranking of teams in the league. Is it possible to modify that rule (should a majority agree to it) to set it where it goes in some set order so that each team rotates and is 1st for one week, 2nd for the following week, and so on? I think we play 13 games so if we have 10 teams, maybe we let the order be set for the initial three weeks by the overall ranking (like last year) and then change it to this rotating order.

Does this description make sense? Now that we have 10 teams, it might not be so bad but when only 8 team leagues, waivers were critical. Thanks in advance for weighing in.

...and how do I change my avatar picture??? ;)

30 Aug 2016 17:57 #190 by Dak4
Thank you guys. I look forward to a fun season. Can the commissioner please send me league rules and details about the league like number of teams etc. tia

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds