× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

30 Aug 2016 18:43 #191 by ScienceChic

freebird wrote: Sorry, we won't be able to join you all at Brook's next Wednesday but will be home for the online draft.

RenegadeCJ, I will look at the rules once we can login to ESPN, but did want to ask everyone about one past rule I think we should consider changing. In the past, the waiver wire order was inverse of the overall ranking of teams in the league. Is it possible to modify that rule (should a majority agree to it) to set it where it goes in some set order so that each team rotates and is 1st for one week, 2nd for the following week, and so on? I think we play 13 games so if we have 10 teams, maybe we let the order be set for the initial three weeks by the overall ranking (like last year) and then change it to this rotating order.

Does this description make sense? Now that we have 10 teams, it might not be so bad but when only 8 team leagues, waivers were critical. Thanks in advance for weighing in.

...and how do I change my avatar picture??? ;)

Works for me!

As for changing your profile pic/avatar, the tutorial is here: mymountaintown.com/forum/my-mountain-tow...control-panel#328820
The screen shot pictures are from before we upgraded the site this past spring so the site looks a little different now, but the tabs are the same. Go to your profile page, click Edit>Update Your Profile>Portrait then Upload new image or select new image from gallery in the drop-down option under the picture you currently have. Whatever you upload will be automatically resized if it's bigger than the avatar dimensions (I think 150 pixels square).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2016 19:32 #192 by The Viking
I absolutely agree with that. Last year, I was almost always 7th or later for the waiver and I lost several key players to injuries and never had a chance to pick up any decent ones being at the bottom almost every week.

31 Aug 2016 05:14 #193 by RenegadeCJ
I don't believe there is a way to set the waivers to that option. We've always played where the worst team at the time gets the first waiver claim, up to the first team. Similar to the NFL waiver system, it is supposed to help parity. I'll do some checking to see if it can be changed.

SC, regarding the 2 additional players, we either need no more, or need 4 more to keep the leagues at the same level. Right now we have 10 teams in each league. I want to either have 12 in each, or stay with 10 since we play the other league in the superbowl.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

31 Aug 2016 16:34 #194 by Hot Chile
- I haven't received an email with the join link to ESPN yet .. should I have?

- I will be at Brooks on the 7th at 7 .. looking forward to seeing you all.

- I don't think the ESPN waiver wire rules can be changed. I seem to recall one of my leagues explored this sometime in the past. It may have changed, but I don't think so. If you are tallying opinions/votes, I'd vote to leave it at standard (inverse order according to standings).

01 Sep 2016 12:33 #195 by RenegadeCJ
Hot Chile-no, you won't have received an invite yet. I was working at getting the last few people in then I was going to send it out. Hope to have it out tomorrow!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

02 Sep 2016 12:53 #196 by RenegadeCJ
Can everyone PM me your espn name from last year (if you played last year). Since names don't match with what I have here on MMT, I don't want to miss anyone. If you are new, I already got you.

02 Sep 2016 13:44 #197 by ScienceChic
I believe I was The Chicks. :littledance Can't wait to get started and settle into watching :football: ! :tossleaves:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Sep 2016 18:24 #198 by freebird
Angry Freebirds but I think it might be spelled a little differently (lower case, etc.) so if you need the exact name, I'll need to try to find it. Just let me know soon; I'll be out all day tomorrow.

03 Sep 2016 09:55 #199 by HappyCamper
Quadman is the only one that is different he is Beer Hunter

The rest are the same.

Happy Camper
Team Smith
Team Eichelberger
Steel Curtain

03 Sep 2016 17:57 #200 by pineinthegrass
PineNuts

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds