× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

18 Jan 2011 18:29 #1241 by LOL
Ha Ha VL on the beer, sounds good! We had some Stone IPA in CA this Christmas, it was a cool brewery, very busy there, almost a national landmark. Save some of that beer for the game this weekend, good luck! (PS I like Dead Guy ale, had some in Oregon awhile back) Cheers!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2011 20:31 #1242 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

285 Bound wrote: We have a new contest for the Football Season..... Vice Lord's locks of the week.

Winner wins $200 to go to the charity of their choice at the end of the season. ......

I ran this by my real estate lawyer and he says it's fully binding contract. ...This is an oral contract and I intend to inforce it, and if we go to court I will insist on punitive damages. FYI

"charity of my choice"

I don't think anyone has an issue with "Charity of my choice". A charity in the USA must be registered with the IRS. I'm sure if you provide 2 yrs of tax returns for this tax exempt charity (and you win) a check will be issued!

By the way, how do you "inforce" something????

Exactly! Otherwise I could pick the local liquor store as my charity to give the money to for a couple of good bottles of Scotch.

18 Jan 2011 21:25 #1243 by JMC
If VL wins he has to pick a legit charity, hopefully a local one, his choice. No relatives trust fund. No worries , if he refuses 2nd place will choose.

19 Jan 2011 08:03 #1244 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
It's a new charity fund so I don't have tax records, besides the contest rules state "a charity of my choice" and I will inforce that by filing in small claims court. I'm no stranger to the small claims court. I'm very familar with how it works and this is a slam dunk winner....

19 Jan 2011 08:06 #1245 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

The Viking wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

285 Bound wrote: We have a new contest for the Football Season..... Vice Lord's locks of the week.

Winner wins $200 to go to the charity of their choice at the end of the season. ......

I ran this by my real estate lawyer and he says it's fully binding contract. ...This is an oral contract and I intend to inforce it, and if we go to court I will insist on punitive damages. FYI

"charity of my choice"

I don't think anyone has an issue with "Charity of my choice". A charity in the USA must be registered with the IRS. I'm sure if you provide 2 yrs of tax returns for this tax exempt charity (and you win) a check will be issued!

By the way, how do you "inforce" something????

Exactly! Otherwise I could pick the local liquor store as my charity to give the money to for a couple of good bottles of Scotch.

I scrolled back through 4 pages of postings and I never did see where anyone asked for your opinion on this matter

19 Jan 2011 08:13 #1246 by JMC

Vice Lord wrote: It's a new charity fund so I don't have tax records, besides the contest rules state "a charity of my choice" and I will inforce that by filing in small claims court. I'm no stranger to the small claims court. I'm very familar with how it works and this is a slam dunk winner....

Ok ,anything you say please don't sue us.

19 Jan 2011 08:37 #1247 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Why are you familiar with how it works, VL?

19 Jan 2011 09:19 #1248 by RenegadeCJ
Per websters...Curious which one VL's fund would fit under???
Sounds like it may not be tax exempt. 285Bound will have to get a taxpayer ID # from him in order to issue a 1099.....
Definition of Charity
1: benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity
2 a : generosity and helpfulness especially toward the needy or suffering; also : aid given to those in need
b : an institution engaged in relief of the poor
c : public provision for the relief of the needy
3 a : a gift for public benevolent purposes
b : an institution (as a hospital) founded by such a gift

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

19 Jan 2011 10:38 #1249 by ScienceChic

RenegadeCJ wrote: By the way, how do you "inforce" something????

Square peg, round hole? I think that requires a sledgehammer, or maybe a bigger drill bit... I can come help ya out if you need VL! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Jan 2011 10:44 #1250 by RenegadeCJ
If anyone could figure out how to get a square peg into a round hole, it would be SC...that is for sure. Plus....she has the power of the presidency!!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds