× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

20 Jan 2011 07:19 #1281 by The Viking

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Go Viking. If VL picks the little bears like he said he would, then you have a real chance of wining. Good old Cutler is bound to throw a few picks in this game.

Yes, but maybe I picked the Bears (not that I would want to) knowing that he is talking down the Packers in order to copy my pick and pick them and try and stay ahead (actually tied in total points), that way....... Hmmmmmmm.........I guess we willl all know at kickoff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 07:31 #1282 by RenegadeCJ

RenegadeCJ wrote: This weeks lines.

Green Bay -3.5 @ Chicago
NY Jets +3.5 @ Pittsburgh

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

20 Jan 2011 07:48 #1283 by Rockdoc
Just for the fun of it, you ought to have secrete picks over the final few games to avoid gamesmanship. These ought to be submitted to someone not involved and then posted right after the games begin.

I for one want to see a winner rather than a winner take it and support a real charity.

20 Jan 2011 11:57 #1284 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Just for the fun of it, you ought to have secrete picks over the final few games to avoid gamesmanship.

Its a good idea for next year, but it's too late to do it this year. Weve been playing by these rules since week one, can't change them now. Another thing is that this game was designed to showcase my talents. It's called "Vice Lords Locks of the Week" contest. People want to play my selections for real and in order to do that, they have to be able to see them. This can be tweeked next year- We could call it the "try to beat VL if you can" contest.

20 Jan 2011 12:53 #1285 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Listen guys, I think we should have a trusted person take VL and Vikings picks and post them day of the game.

Just so no one can cry foul. LOL VL

20 Jan 2011 13:09 #1286 by UNDER MODERATION
Unless you want to wind up in Small Claims Court....Don't you dare change the rules now

20 Jan 2011 15:18 #1287 by RenegadeCJ
There is nothing in the rules that says you can't use an intermediary. In fact, it makes sense to do so. Now you VL, should have to post yours publicly, since the game is to beat you!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

20 Jan 2011 15:31 #1288 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote: Unless you want to wind up in Small Claims Court....Don't you dare change the rules now

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol what an asinine response driven by fear of loosing

A couple of things you seem to overlook, VL. 1) This thread is not called "Vice Lords Locks of the Week". It is called "Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest". 2) Giving the picks to someone to post later is not changing the rules. Nothing was said that your picks had to be displayed. What was agreed upon by all is that your picks needed to be made against a line that everyone uses and that your picks needed to be made before the games begin. Of course, we can remedy this issue another way. Vicking, why do you not post your picks until game time. You can do the same VL. Rest assured, no one on this site depends on you to make a bet, unless they want to bet against you.

I submit you are afraid that you will loose if you do not see other's picks. You've already displayed your paranoia by trying to alter how the winner is picked. Since you are part of the competition, You are NOT entitled to change rules. You can protest all you want. You can threaten all you want. Bottom line though is that you're about as good as a coin flip in calling winners.

20 Jan 2011 15:32 #1289 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Boys, just post right before the game then. Or be prepared to be copied.

20 Jan 2011 16:30 #1290 by UNDER MODERATION

RenegadeCJ wrote: Viking has PM'd his picks to me. I agree, it should be blind. I'm out of it so I don't matter.

Ok, i'll send mine to one of my friends here. Jocko Tripoli

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds