× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

23 Jan 2011 16:44 #1361 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

RockDoc wrote: Now I think Pittsburgh will march on again because it's defense will expose Mark. We shall see.

Ugh, I hope not. If the Steelers win, my son will be insufferable! :biggrin: And my house will have way too much yellow in it on the 6th!

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol Let's hope it's different for your sanity.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Congrats again Viking!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2011 20:26 #1362 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
It's nice to see everyone enjoying themselves at my expense tonight. Nothing rally's this community like a public stoning and nothing brings people out of the woodwork like a chance to kick someone while they're down. I was halfway expecting to see a little class and character here tonight, but I was sadly mistaken.

BTW, me and Viking are tied with 30 wins apiece- The SuperBowl will decide it.

23 Jan 2011 20:31 #1363 by UNDER MODERATION
I hope the Packers plane crashes on their way home.

23 Jan 2011 21:18 #1364 by Rockdoc
SC, you are going to have to live with yellow for some time now. lol I was pretty impressed by them today and it would not surprise me if they won it all. What will happen in your house then?????? Yellow for the rest of the year?

24 Jan 2011 09:14 #1365 by ScienceChic
Ugh, it wouldn't surprise me if Pitt won either - they play smash football very well. My son is 7 and he picked up this thing for the Steelers b/c I dislike them so much (gotta be contrary like his Daddy). I fear that if they win, he's at an age where this will cement his fan-dom of them for life (I started watching football at age 9 and a few years later the Bengals went to the Superbowl, I still remember that feeling of pride and excitement in my home team). :VeryScared: He's already harassed me about painting a room in the house yellow and black...I'm just not sure I can live with a Steelers fan (a Cowboys fan is bad enough)!!!!! :lol:

We'll decorate for the Superbowl in the teams colors (gotta have M&Ms in team colors you know!), but no yellow after that - it's too cheery of a color for me. Especially if Pittsburgh wins. :biggrin: If he's lucky his softie Daddy will buy him a Steelers jersey; I'll be wearing my Bengals one! Go Packers! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jan 2011 18:45 #1366 by UNDER MODERATION
Were catching the nonstop to Honolulu tomarrow, first class of course, then it's on to Kauai in a few days for the rest of the winter..I wont be posting much if at all..I want Pittsburgh in the contest..

I'm taking The Steelers

See ya all later

25 Jan 2011 19:50 #1367 by Rockdoc
Well SC, there are worse things your little one could get involved in than becoming a Pittsburgh fan.

Don't tell me you hubby is a Dallas fan? "America's team" is one I've never liked.

Listen, the good news is that even if you do form those fan likes as a kid, one can overcome them. I was a Giant's fan growing up, but have gotten past that now. It is interesting how we choose to root for one team or another. I think it comes down to the fact we all want to feel good and get that vicariously through our selected teams. If you have a consistent winner, it makes for a nice lift each week. Conversely, the Broncos left most of us in the dumps.

25 Jan 2011 19:50 - 26 Jan 2011 09:22 #1368 by Rockdoc
removed duplicate post

26 Jan 2011 00:06 #1369 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Well SC, there are worse things your little one could get involved in than becoming a Pittsburgh fan.

Yeah, I know. :) Mostly I'm joking when I complain so much about it. I'm very happy that he enjoys football as much as I do - I prefer him being a Steelers fan over a basketball fan any day!

Don't tell me you hubby is a Dallas fan? "America's team" is one I've never liked.

Yes, yes he is. And I never understood it, b/c he grew up in Iowa - where it's an equal mix of Vikings, Packers, and Bears fans in his town. There's very few minor things I would change about him, and this is one (getting his clothes in the hamper, instead of on the floor in front of it, his work travel, and his utter lack of rhythm/dancing ability would be the rest!)! rofllol I told him I don't care for being told who my team is - no one got to vote on "America's Team" and I protest that un-Democratic selection!

Listen, the good news is that even if you do form those fan likes as a kid, one can overcome them. I was a Giant's fan growing up, but have gotten past that now. It is interesting how we choose to root for one team or another. I think it comes down to the fact we all want to feel good and get that vicariously through our selected teams. If you have a consistent winner, it makes for a nice lift each week. Conversely, the Broncos left most of us in the dumps.

Well, that's encouraging to know - thanks! Yes, the feeling of pride and joy in a great accomplishment, even if only tenuously, and accidentally, associated with ones self is very euphoric and powerful. Maybe if the Broncos can return to their previous glory, he'll switch over without even noticing.

Sadly, I myself don't believe in band-wagoning or switching allegiances - once a fan, always a fan, even if Denver is now my hometown. So I will remain a long-suffering Bengals fan. :(:

26 Jan 2011 09:20 #1370 by UNDER MODERATION
Well i'm at the gate..Can't wait to get out of here- And my new charity is 285bound.com...I don't know why, because I went over to the courthouse last night and it looked like a redneck hater heaven. Its repulsive to normal people, and now there a special tea bagger board? I gotta stop going to Biggies because of that.. Wheres the normal people board? And youre all out of you f#@king minds if you think i'll be back next year to participate in this POS where the rules changed everyweek..It was like "lets see what we can do to make this thing no fun " and "Lets see what we can do to make Vice Lord lose this week" and 'Lets go to some dumb hockey rules scoring" or "lets have a secret pick this week" That was bulls***-or lets put Vice Lords arch enemy in charge now'..or "Lets require two years of Tax returns from a charity before we pay out"- This was no fun, I never knew what the rules were week to week..I'll do it next year at 285 free talk..$1000 cash, i'll let DB hold the money and i'll pay it directly out to the winner.. I don't care what you do with the money..3 bets a week, college or pro with simple rules...that won't ever change..

Steelers- I guess i'll check back in a few weeks to see what Viking picked or are you gonna let the size small shirt wearin pussy send you his picks again? Or how about another rule change?

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds