× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

06 Feb 2011 20:08 #1401 by Martin Ent Inc
Well VL you better start listening to me cause I have made a small fortune in the playoffs...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2011 20:09 #1402 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote: I am gone most of tomorrow and Sunday so I will make my pick now I guess. This really is a coin flip depending upon who show up for the defense and how Rodgers does under pressure. If they can establish a short passing game and open up the run in the first quarter the Pack should win it. So I am sticking with my NFC Central and the Packers.

I JUST WON!! I JUST WON!!!

You know why? It's because the Steelers win SuperBowls, thats what they do. They've never lost one they've been to yet and they aren't losing today. The Bears completely shut the Pack down in the second half last week and I expect the Steelers to do it for 3 quarters today. Defense wins championships and the Steelers defense is just plain better. They've been there, they've done that, and they're gonna do it again

GO STEELERS!

Parting Shot. Once again you prove you are a BIG time "know it all" analyst. Time to eat Crow.

Congratulations Viking.

06 Feb 2011 20:11 #1403 by jf1acai
Wait for it, the excuses will come :wink:

Great game!

Congratulations, Viking!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Feb 2011 20:12 #1404 by RenegadeCJ
Congrats Viking!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Feb 2011 20:15 #1405 by ScienceChic
Congrats Viking!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Feb 2011 20:28 #1406 by Rockdoc

jf1acai wrote: Wait for it, the excuses will come :wink:

Great game!

Congratulations, Viking!

Now that will be interesting to read. If anyone got a bad call it was GB on that not at all facemask penalty. Better team won even against the spread.

Hope Vl did not bet the bank.

06 Feb 2011 20:35 - 06 Feb 2011 20:42 #1407 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

jf1acai wrote: Wait for it, the excuses will come

Hell will freeze over before you see that, but one thing that jumped out to me was the desparity in penalties. Seemed like everyone of Pittburghs drives were ended by bad calls, and take it from a guy that played 6 years and coached 7 winning 2 Carnation Bowls- that was not a personal foul on that last kickoff to the Steelers, that kind of hand fighting occurs on every single play. Take the bad calls and the 3 turnovers away and the Steelers win by 18. The better team lost this time.

Furthermore, I was beating Viking by like 10 wins halfway through this contest and suddenly he was like 1 win behind? I was meaning to go back and check out how he could have possibly done that, but I never got around to it. I'll find the time tonight though, so mods don't pay Viking until my audit is done. I'm officially notify'ing you here in writing that i am protesting his win.

06 Feb 2011 20:38 #1408 by UNDER MODERATION
Once again: I'm officially notify'ing 285bound.com in writing that I am protesting his win. I'm going through line histories and some of Vikings mid season picks..

06 Feb 2011 20:41 #1409 by jf1acai
rofllol :rofl

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Feb 2011 20:43 #1410 by UNDER MODERATION

jf1acai wrote: rofllol :rofl

I've already found a descrepancy in week 4

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds