× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

26 Jan 2011 09:21 #1371 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Well i'm at the gate..Can't wait to get out of here- And my new charity is 285bound.com...I don't know why, because I went over to the courthouse last night and it looked like a redneck hater heaven. Its repulsive to normal people, and now there'd a special tea bagger board? I gotta stop going to because of that.. Wheres the normal people board? And youre all out of you f#@*ing minds if you think i'll be back next year to participate in this POS where the rules changed every week..It was like "lets see what we can do to make this thing no fun at all by fixing the line " and "Lets see what we can do to make Vice Lord lose this week" and 'Lets go to some dumb hockey rules scoring" or "lets have a secret pick this week" That was bulls***-or "lets put Vice Lords arch enemy in charge'..or "Lets require two years of tax returns from a charity before we pay out"- This was no fun, I never knew what the rules were week to week..I'll do it next year at 285free talk..$1000 cash, i'll let DB hold the money and i'll pay it directly out to the winner.. I don't care what you do with the money..3 bets a week, college or pro with simple rules...that won't ever change..

Takin the Steelers- I guess i'll check back (probably not) in a few weeks to see what Viking picked or are you gonna let the size small shirt wearin pussy send you his picks again? Or how about another rule change this week?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 09:28 #1372 by Rockdoc
Let's hope for your sake the Bengals improve. Given their current issues, it does not bode well for them next year.

Your faithful allegiance certainly means you are not a sore looser. lol

26 Jan 2011 09:58 #1373 by RenegadeCJ
Hey, at least the Bengals are getting back Chad Johnson.... :faint:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

26 Jan 2011 10:22 #1374 by ScienceChic
Unfortunately, I see nothing improving until either Mike Brown is no longer the owner or the fans boycott and force his hand. I'm patient, I figure I'll outlive him and have a good shot at seeing the glory days return again sometime before my time's up!

Chad Ochocinco/Johnson should go - we need younger, hungrier receivers. But before that, get rid of Palmer, his two injuries have taken his edge - he's done as a starter. Watch - they'll draft a QB first round, try to demote him, and release him after he whines.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Jan 2011 10:48 #1375 by RenegadeCJ
They will probably pick up AJ Green in the first round...Then Mr. Johnson/Ochocinco will be expendable.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

26 Jan 2011 13:09 #1376 by Rockdoc
Mike Brown is a little on the stubborn side according to reports. How old is he and how long do you expect to wait SC?

27 Jan 2011 09:17 #1377 by ScienceChic
Mike Brown is 73. His dad lived to 83 so I figure about 10 years + another 10 at worst.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Brown_%28NFL_owner%29

He assumed ownership responsibilities upon his father's death in August 1991[6] and has remained in the ownership position since. By 1995, he felt Riverfront Stadium's small seating capacity and lack of luxury boxes prohibited the Bengals' success.[10]
The Bengals have had only two winning seasons out of 11 since the stadium opened.

(Yeah, that new stadium has really helped) :snapoutofit:

In 1995, he announced that Cincinnati had breached its lease agreement when it was late by one week in paying $167,000 in concession receipts.[11] He threatened to move the team to Baltimore if Cincinnati or Hamilton County would not fund a new stadium.[12] The leverage of this threat proved successful as Cincinnati’s City Council and the Hamilton County Commissioners opted to fund the new Paul Brown Stadium with a proposed county sales tax increase, which needed voter approval. In 1996, Hamilton County voters passed a one-half percent sales tax increase to fund the building of a new facility for the Bengals and a second new facility for the Major League Baseball Cincinnati Reds.,[13] the Bengals filed suit against the County for the right to manage it in 2000. Rick Eckstein, co-author of "Public Dollars, Private Stadiums," describes the Hamilton County arrangement as "the single most lopsided stadium deal since 1993" and questions Bob Bedinghaus'[19] role with the team after having been County Commissioner when the deal was reached.[20]

He's all about the money...

Since Brown became owner, the team has had only 2 winning seasons out of 20 and have a winning percentage of .361 (115-204-1) in the regular season and .000 (0-2) in the playoffs.[24] In 2008, the Bengals set a record for the most games needed under one specific owner to attain 100 wins (288). In 2010, the team set a record for the least games needed to lose 200 (both considering and not considering playoffs) under one specific owner (314).[25]

The Bengals hold a number of distinctions for the time frame of Brown's ownership: It is the only team with three nine-game-or-more losing streaks.[26] It also holds six of the twenty-five 0-6 starts (24%)[27] and four of the thirteen 0-8 starts (31%) in that time.[28] The Bengals have gone winless in October eight different times in twenty years under five different head coaches (Sam Wyche was originally hired by Paul Brown).

He gets paid a GM bonus every year, hires family members instead of people who know what they're doing and could build a winning football team (if the Brown family could put it together, I'd have no problem with them on the payroll, but shouldn't they be fired for incompetence by now - that's what any other good business would do), won't fire losing coaches, thinks a great quarterback is all you need to have a great team so they draft QB after QB despite continuing to lose, and is seriously understaffed on the scouting team - you can't find good players that way.

Sorry, I just realized I'm ranting! :biggrin: Back to more immediate issues: Go Packers!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Jan 2011 09:49 #1378 by Rockdoc

Science Chic wrote: Mike Brown is 73. His dad lived to 83 so I figure about 10 years + another 10 at worst.

He gets paid a GM bonus every year, hires family members instead of people who know what they're doing and could build a winning football team (if the Brown family could put it together, I'd have no problem with them on the payroll, but shouldn't they be fired for incompetence by now - that's what any other good business would do), won't fire losing coaches, thinks a great quarterback is all you need to have a great team so they draft QB after QB despite continuing to lose, and is seriously understaffed on the scouting team - you can't find good players that way.

Sorry, I just realized I'm ranting! :biggrin: Back to more immediate issues: Go Packers!

The problem as I see it you are a fan and he owns the team and can do whatever he pleases with it. Somehow I fail to see how he can be making a lot of money by not treating his investment better than he is treating it. Then, I'm not a millionaire and likely never will be because I know nothing about making money. Perhaps the fans should buy the team when it comes up for sale? Barring that, perhaps they should boycott the team entirely? As long as it remains a revenue source, it's not likely you'll see a winner.

27 Jan 2011 10:17 #1379 by ScienceChic
You are right - if he treated his investment better, he could make a lot more money. I have no problem with him owning the team as long as he could step back, objectively recognize that what he's doing isn't working, and do what's best for the team (and his fans!) - hire better more scouts and get better personnel. If he wants to be GM, he needs to produce and almost 20 years of not producing should've given him the hint by now. I dislike someone who keeps doing the same things with the same crappy results, simple as that. I don't know why he can't do that, and that's what's frustrating to me, more so than us constantly losing.

Yes, a boycott is the only thing that would get through to him at this point. But as you see in the Wikipedia link, he's still making a profit so he has not much incentive to change. Which is why I'm patiently waiting for him to kick off - I don't live there so I already boycott, in essence. And my fellow Cincinnatians don't seem motivated enough to do it yet.

The team will likely go to his daughter when he dies.

31 Jan 2011 16:35 #1380 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Despite recent injuries I'm staying the course with the Steelers...I think the Aaron Rodgers team photo tweeting scandal has divided the Packer lockeroom..

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds