× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

26 Nov 2010 09:03 #731 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
Wait a minute. If you won on NO we should too. These different lines are not going to fly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2010 09:16 #732 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Wait a minute. If you won on NO we should too. These different lines are not going to fly.

It's just like making a bet with a bookie. I bet on NO on Monday when they were only favored by 3. After that it went up to -5. So how is that going to work? We all get to pick the day that we wanted the best spread? I shouldn't get punished with a loss because the spread went to -5. I picked that game when it was -3. I thought we talked about this a couple weeks ago? And others shouldn't get a push because at one point this week the spread was -3 even though people picked NO when they were favored by 4 or 5. You can't go back to a bookie and say that I wanted that game when it was at it's best spread.

I guess you guys will have to decide how you have to do this. When I posted I put down the spread. So when anyone picks, I guess we will have to go and look at the spreads at that time. Even VL said a few weeks ago that he meant to make a pick when it was -3 or something like that but he didnt' make the pick till it was -4 so that is what he had to use.

26 Nov 2010 09:21 #733 by The Viking
I guess we can print out a list with all the spreads on Monday and that is the list we have to go by even if they change? Which isn't great because a key player could get hurt and the game could change dramatically. Or we have to print a copy of the spread at the same time we post? And whatever the game is at that time that is what you use?

26 Nov 2010 09:23 #734 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Wait a minute. If you won on NO we should too. These different lines are not going to fly.

Well, what was the spread when you picked NO to win? You picked them to win by more than 5 right? So should you get my pick since I picked them to win by at least 3 when that was the spread? Or should I get punished and have to take your -5 just because you waited to pick this game? I guess you guys will have to figure out how to handle this.

26 Nov 2010 09:26 #735 by The Viking

And I didn't get a win, I got a push. Another tie.

26 Nov 2010 09:43 #736 by CinnamonGirl
There is no way to know. Unless you make a screen shot. I think we should vote on how we are doing this now. JMC got his from the paper. I saw mine on the internet. But we posted within minutes of each other.

26 Nov 2010 09:48 - 26 Nov 2010 09:50 #737 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: There is no way to know. Unless you make a screen shot. I think we should vote on how we are doing this now. JMC got his from the paper. I saw mine on the internet. But we posted within minutes of each other.

I am fine with posting a screen shot when I pick. I don't want to have to wait till Sunday morning to go with the spread that the last person picked. If I see a good game on Monday I want to pick it and I don't want the spread to change over the week and have to take that one because others waited to pick.

I posted several scren shots of the spreads on this game and when they changed. So we just need to go back and look at the time stamp when people made their picks. This is a first this year so it is not like it is going to happen often and rarely will a game end right on the Spread before it changes. There have only been about 5 or so ties all year.

26 Nov 2010 09:49 #738 by CinnamonGirl
I think all lines should come from the same source.

This thread is 'Pick three' not 'bet on three games with different spreads'. LOL

26 Nov 2010 09:50 #739 by RenegadeCJ
Since we aren't officially putting $$ with a bookie, I think we should go by one set of lines. I knew this would happen eventually. Let's grab whatever the line is on Wed, and that is the line. Monday is too early...still games going on, and injuries aren't sure yet. I'll be happy to post the line wed morning.

The lines should come from the site VL posted at the beginning.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

26 Nov 2010 09:58 #740 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Since we aren't officially putting $$ with a bookie, I think we should go by one set of lines. I knew this would happen eventually. Let's grab whatever the line is on Wed, and that is the line. Monday is too early...still games going on, and injuries aren't sure yet. I'll be happy to post the line wed morning.

The lines should come from the site VL posted at the beginning.

OK, how is that going to work if I make picks on Mon or Tuesday? I am fine with it if we all agree on it, but how are we counting this weeks NO game? We have to go with old rules and when it was piccked right? The NEW rules can't really be back dated can they? I picked it at -3 when that is what the spread was so I get a tie right? We can't just give everyone a tie because I picked it can we? VL picked that game when it was -4 and bragged it would be a blowout. 35-24. He was wrong on his pick and so were others who picked NO to win by 4 or more. That would mean that I picked VL's tie. (Which would make this top 10 handicapper a cheater who had to use others right?) Then the rest of the year I get to say that he is having to use me and can't make picks on his own then. Then we get to put an asterix next to his name. (That might be worth it) :biggrin:

Others thought it was a good pick at -4 and -5, so they were fine with that until they saw I picked it early and got it at -3 and got a push. And I am sure not taking a loss as it is recorded when I made the pick, and I might not have picked that game had it been more than -3. I would have taken KC which was my 4th choice. But I liked the -3 on that game. Too bad it changed before others picked it but I called it when it was -3 and it was a tie right?

So are we starting these NEW rules next week? And you have to post the final spreads on Wed. that we will use even if they change. So if a QB gets hurt and the spread goes from -3 to -14, we have to stick with it?

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds