New PP Report Record Abortions Done 2009

11 Apr 2011 06:59 #121 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic New PP Report Record Abortions Done 2009
LJ, I am not a wing nut and you know that. 'Go adopt something' is not the answer here.

I said my peace. Good luck to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 08:49 - 11 Apr 2011 08:56 #122 by LadyJazzer
I didn't say you were a wingnut...(unless, of course, you ARE one of those waving bloody pictures at demonstrations and in front of clinics.)

And good luck to you... I realize your sincere commitment to your beliefs...And believe it or not I respect that... Where we part ways is when you take your sincere commitment and try to impose it on everyone who DOESN'T believe as you do. I do NOT believe as you do, and I never will...And I will continue to support organizations that protect a woman's right to choose with my money, my letters and my support.

11 Apr 2011 08:54 #123 by major bean
The purpose of all laws is to "take your sincere commitment and try to impose it on everyone who DOESN'T believe as you do". Right now you are inposing your beliefs upon everyone else. Have you ever considered that fact?

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 08:59 - 11 Apr 2011 09:02 #124 by LadyJazzer
You confuse the choice of being able to do something that is legal, and the option NOT to do it as "imposing"... You don't like abortions? Don't have one. That is not imposing "my beliefs" on you. That is allowing you to act according to yours, and allowing me to act according to mine. (And you're right-- in my freedom to choose, the "clump of cells" doesn't get to vote.)

If I have a sincere belief that no one should drink, then should I take that "sincere commitment" and impose it on EVERYONE? (Oh wait... They did that already... It was called "Prohibition"... How did that work out for ya?)

Same sex marriage: You don't like it? Don't marry someone of the same sex... How would that be "imposing"? Sorry, this "Conservatives know what's best for you" bulls**t is why I became a Democrat.

11 Apr 2011 09:00 #125 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: The purpose of all laws is to "take your sincere commitment and try to impose it on everyone who DOESN'T believe as you do". Right now you are inposing your beliefs upon everyone else. Have you ever considered that fact?

Yup. Shame on the pro-choice people for imposing that nasty freedom of choice on everyone else. We should all fall into lock step with the pro-lifers and impose restrictions to freedoms - as God intended it.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Apr 2011 09:05 #126 by major bean
You sidestepped what is an obvious fact: you are imposing your beliefs upon everyone. You cannot even admit what is reality.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Apr 2011 09:07 - 11 Apr 2011 09:10 #127 by LadyJazzer
I didn't sidestep anything... You're trying to expand your definition of "imposing" to include things no one is forcing you to do... The fact that somewhere, some how, someone is doing something you don't approve of and should be outlawed, is total crap.

Sorry... That dog won't hunt. Your "reality" is not everyone else's.

11 Apr 2011 09:10 #128 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: You sidestepped what is an obvious fact: you are imposing your beliefs upon everyone. You cannot even admit what is reality.

No, you're wrong. Granting the freedom of choice is not 'imposing'.

Removing the freedom of choice and and limiting the options available to obnly those you fell are 'right' IS imposing.

Those are the obvious facts - Your argument that freedom of choice is an imposition contains a contradiction in terms and is not a valid argument.

Edit: quit typing so dang fast LJ. It's impossible to keep up.:D

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Apr 2011 10:39 #129 by outdoor338
granting the freedom of choice is not "imposing." Really, How about if you're the unborn child that's getting aborted, you don't think that's imposing on the baby? Nobody, think you can sit in the surgical room and watch your unborn baby having its brains sucked out and the babies limbs being ripped apart, you don't think the baby feels that???

11 Apr 2011 11:43 #130 by archer
I tried this last night, I'm going to try again this morning when I'm not so angry.

I have read pages of outrage against the "murder" of unborn children....graphic details of what an aborted fetus looks like...accusations directed at me and others of killer and murderer....and no where, no where, in all this outrage, have I seen one word about the children in this country who already exist.

There are children suffering in this country....they are homeless.....they are malnourished.....they lack education....healthcare......nutritious food.....dental care for painful teeth and gums.....a safe environment to grow up in.....

The very same "compassionate" people who are bringing you the right-to-life movement in this nation are the same ones who are trying to cut services that try to make life bearable for the children of poverty....they don't want universal healthcare....they want to cut welfare and food stamps....they want to eliminate medicaid......they want to shorten unemployment benefits......they want to cut funds to organizations like Planned Parenthood that give pre-natal care and try and give mothers the information they need to have a healthy baby.

You want graphic pictures....go walk thru the projects in any city.....visit the homeless shelters...better yet visit the streets where children live in filth and without adequate care. Don't talk to me about forcing each and every woman to carry her child to term until you are willing to step up to the plate and make sure that each and every child in this country has healthcare, healthy food, a roof over their head, dental care, child care so their parents can get their education and gain meaningful employment, and they can live in dignity like every child deserves. These children didn't choose to be born into poverty, yet the nation turns their back on them the moment they enter this world.....after that they are NO LONGER a cause, just a poor child.

The right-to-life movement in this nation as not about the RIGHT to life, its about making the conservatives feel good about themselves.....here is a cause they can get outraged over.....they can carry cool graphic signs designed to make others feel guilty.... and it doesn't cost them a penny. Ask them to pony up their taxes for the children of poverty, provide the services for children in need and all we hear is we can't afford these social services....the poor don't deserve my money....well the poor include tiny helpless babies, young hungry children.....if you don't think they deserve your tax dollars than your outrage against abortion falls on deaf ears here. You are hypocrites, pure and simple, so spare me the crying and wailing about killing the unborn.....I can't hear you.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds