HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

27 May 2011 19:00 #31 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

navycpo7 wrote: My son, who is presently on active duty in the Army, he and I will be spending time with other Veterans raising funds that will go to help other Veterans.

Have a great weekend.

Where can we contribute? It is not a zero sum. I would like to participate in the best way possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2011 19:26 #32 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

jmc wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: My son, who is presently on active duty in the Army, he and I will be spending time with other Veterans raising funds that will go to help other Veterans.

Have a great weekend.

It is not a zero sum. I would like to celebrate in the best way possible.

Two words: Dogfishead 120

27 May 2011 19:27 #33 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Vice Lord wrote:

jmc wrote:

Have a great weekend.

90 guy

27 May 2011 19:39 #34 by UNDER MODERATION

jmc wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

jmc wrote:

Have a great weekend.

90 guy

In the heat, all I drink is ice cold 60..It's really the best tasting. Crisp and thirst quenching with a nice kick. Happy Memorial Day

27 May 2011 20:21 #35 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

chief morningwood wrote:

major bean wrote: Vl, if you are serious, then you are about the most hedonistic bastard that I know. If you are just posting this as to rile those who do not "celebrate" the death of our war soldiers, then, VL, you are a riot.

There is no greater expression of american patriotism than american excess.
Hedonism is the biggest fruit of liberty. They fought and died so we could have a good time.
So, come Monday, let's roll!

Very few mothers and fathers of men who have died in war have gone to the graveyard just laughing their asses off. You, sir, do not care. Just another excuse to party and drink.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 May 2011 20:23 #36 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

jmc wrote:

Have a great weekend.

Where can we contribute? It is not a zero sum. I would like to participate in the best way possible.

The guys will be at the king soopers aspen park, walmart wadsworth and quincy, walmart c470 and bowles, and the loaf an jug in aspen park. Post 12009 is handing out the poppies, we get donation if one so desires but not required, wearing the poppies shows support for those that are serving, have served and gave the ultimate sacriface. So just go by one of those locations, you can get a poppy and make a donation if you would like to. Thanks in advance. I myself will be at the walmart at Wadsworth and Quincy.

27 May 2011 20:46 #37 by CC
Replied by CC on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
Don't encourage him MB.
I for one would like to have just one serious thread though in which VL doesn't desecrate the memory of men who are much better than him.
There is a place to joke....and then their is a place to allow those to grieve and honor the memory of courageous men and women.
(Apparently VL does not know the difference) But whats new?

28 May 2011 08:10 #38 by UNDER MODERATION
Maybe it's just my way of pointing out whats really going on in America this weekend..I hear a lot of people getting all excited about the camping and cookouts....I'm not the bad guy here

Just a little social commentary from the great one- I knew my thread would greatly out perform the real Memorial Day thread- Maybe it's sad, or disgusting, but thats what it is

Don't kill the messanger

28 May 2011 09:07 - 28 May 2011 11:01 #39 by UNDER MODERATION
Having said that- nobody's fighting for my freedoms in the mid east. Nobody. They are there to secure an oil pipeline. Our military has become a private security force for our corporate interests abroad. Thats all they are. Oil companies should be throwing big parties for our soldiers and events honoring the dead because they, not us are the benificaries of thier supreme sacrifices.. Oil companies and war profitierers....We don't even get cheap gas outta the deal because wall street speculators are taking it all back at home here. Our soldiers and the American people are just fodder for the ultra rich....It's a plutocracy friends

Wake the fu** up

28 May 2011 09:11 #40 by CC
Replied by CC on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
and just when I think I might start to actually like you.......you pos

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds