HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

28 May 2011 11:48 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

towermonkey wrote: Memorial Day has become a symbol for the start of summer much more than its intended purpose. Its a shame but it is what it is.

Yep, all those campers comin up 285 the last few days aren't comin up here to hold candlight vigils..That was my point

And on that subject, how sad it is that one measley extra day off turns into this for many of us..They live right on top of eachother down there, then they all migrate up here all at once to "camp" on top of eachother up here- There's got to be more to look foward to in life than that..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2011 12:04 - 28 May 2011 12:09 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Ah......after thinking about it- I think i made a mistake in starting this thread. It's incredibly insensitive to those who have lost loved ones in these conflicts. I can't imagine the grief of losing someone close to me and I don't want to add to that misery in anyway. I sincerely apologize. I wish I never started it, as usual, I wasn't thinking

28 May 2011 12:05 #53 by lil precious
Replied by lil precious on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
Somebody :heart: :heart: started drinking early today. :dislike:

28 May 2011 12:12 - 28 May 2011 12:22 #54 by CC
Replied by CC on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
asswipe

28 May 2011 12:16 #55 by UNDER MODERATION

lil precious wrote: Somebody :heart: :heart: started drinking early today. :dislike:

..I embarrassed you once again. I would'nt be on this message board if you'd try to spend just a little more time with me?

28 May 2011 12:17 #56 by UNDER MODERATION

Becky wrote: asswipe

I deserved that

i'm such an idiot sometimes

28 May 2011 12:40 #57 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
I didn't think starting the thread was bad thing. Just because we all have BBQ with friends doesn't mean we don't care about memorials. :)

28 May 2011 12:42 #58 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Vice Lord wrote:

lil precious wrote: Somebody :heart: :heart: started drinking early today. :dislike:

..I embarrassed you once again. I would'nt be on this message board if you'd try to spend just a little more time with me?

Poor VL. Little precious give him some love.

28 May 2011 13:21 #59 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Vice Lord wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Memorial Day has become a symbol for the start of summer much more than its intended purpose. Its a shame but it is what it is.

Yep, all those campers comin up 285 the last few days aren't comin up here to hold candlight vigils..That was my point

And on that subject, how sad it is that one measley extra day off turns into this for many of us..They live right on top of eachother down there, then they all migrate up here all at once to "camp" on top of eachother up here- There's got to be more to look foward to in life than that..

lol I'm writing a song along those lines.

28 May 2011 13:37 #60 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Vice Lord wrote: Ah......after thinking about it- I think i made a mistake in starting this thread. It's incredibly insensitive to those who have lost loved ones in these conflicts. I can't imagine the grief of losing someone close to me and I don't want to add to that misery in anyway. I sincerely apologize. I wish I never started it, as usual, I wasn't thinking

Don't you start one of these threads every year? I usually agree with you on this subject but this is the one weekend to let your political views rest and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Whatever the politics behind it, they gave up their lives in service to our country and deserve your respect.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds