Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

03 Jun 2011 09:51 #1 by The Viking
THIS is what is wrong with America today! When did we become a nation where religious freedom is just an empty phrase? When did we become a nation where you could have charges filed against you for praying or using the words AMEN at a school function? We need GOD back in America again and all of these servants of Satan need to be thrown out of the courts!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/02/pr ... latestnews

Here is what this hater of American values in the court said...... A federal judge has ordered a Texas school district to prohibit public prayer at a high school graduation ceremony.

Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”

The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.

Their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony?????? Are you flippen kidding me??? Then your son needs some serious counseling!!! Don't punish the other 99% who want it just because your son has serious issues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2011 09:52 - 03 Jun 2011 10:02 #2 by The Viking
I suffer irreparable harm every time Obama speaks so can we find a judge that will shut him up and tell him not to talk?? What the HELL is the nation coming to? THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!!! THE FIRST AMENDMENT STILL EXISTS AND DOES NOT PROHIBIT PRAYER IN SCHOOLS!! (No matter how you followers of Satan try and spin it!)

03 Jun 2011 09:53 #3 by The Viking
I hope as a show of solidarity, that the entire class other than this piss ant whiner, stands up and prays and asks everyone else to pray too!

03 Jun 2011 09:57 #4 by The Viking
Since when can one person who gets their feelings hurt get to dictate what thousands have to do? If that is the case this is opening pandora's box. I will sue to shut liberals up because their pure ignorance and lack of logic is 'causing me irreparable harm. So why can't I get a judge to sht them up and stop them from talking and spreading ignorance?

03 Jun 2011 10:33 #5 by Grady
I remember at one of my kid’s HS graduation, the benediction was not allowed. So the salutatorian gave a great big fake sneeze at the beginning of her speech. At which her classmates and most of the audience, in unison, responded with a great big “God Bless You”. I’m not aware that anybody had requested a prayer not be said; the school district simply had a bad case of over-active political correctness.

I have never heard of anyone suffering irreparable harm from listening to a prayer. Maybe the parents were afraid he would burst into flame.

:fireworks4:

03 Jun 2011 10:37 #6 by Kate
From your vehement objection to this, Viking, I take it that you think it is acceptable for the majority religion represented at the ceremony on public property at a publicly funded school to dictate what religion should be observed?

03 Jun 2011 10:41 #7 by LadyJazzer
Hey, I have an idea... Why don't we start the whole "Nativity Scene on Public Property", "Happy Holidays", "Take the Christ out of Christmas" thing REALLY early this year, and avoid the November rush?

03 Jun 2011 10:45 #8 by jf1acai
This is absolutely ridiculous - the inmates are running the asylum.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

03 Jun 2011 12:09 #9 by The Viking

Kate wrote: From your vehement objection to this, Viking, I take it that you think it is acceptable for the majority religion represented at the ceremony on public property at a publicly funded school to dictate what religion should be observed?

I believe Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech which includes prayer can be practiced anytime and anywhere in America, YES! Seriously, what kind of third world country do you think we live in where you can be punished, possibly criminally for saying a prayer?

03 Jun 2011 13:27 #10 by Kate
What about those who do not believe in a supreme being? Should they be forced to endure listening to the belief systems of others?

I'm having a hard time understanding why you think this is a big issue. Why not just refrain from religious observations in all public assemblies - especially those on public property and in public schools?

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds