Republicans? (New topic from I'll be at the Laker Game tonight)

19 Jun 2010 22:23 #11 by Sunshine Girl
OMG I'm so tuned in to where this conversation is going. lol This should be fun!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2010 22:26 #12 by CinnamonGirl
We may have to split this or change the title. LOL

19 Jun 2010 22:29 #13 by Sunshine Girl
I'm so tired I think it's bed time for me. I wonder how VL would define a liberal, a far left liberal, and "Help me I've fallen over and can't get up" liberal. Just wondering.....

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Jun 2010 22:30 #14 by CinnamonGirl
:popcorn: Oooo this might get good.

20 Jun 2010 07:57 #15 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote: :popcorn: Oooo this might get good.

and the he leaves......... :bash lol

20 Jun 2010 09:13 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
In my 47 years of experience:

Republicans hate/fear gays, mexicans, almost all foriegners, poor people, single mothers and anybody that needs a little assistance in life. They are mosty grown up insecure pocket protector nerds that could'nt exsist in the dog eat dog world they talk like they want to create. Selfish, self centered and easily minipulated with fear..What kind of man in Conifer Colorado is afraid of terrorists? The odds of being involved in a terrorist attack here are like 8 billion to one, yet these cowards are willing to give up our treasury, are freedoms, everything because they fear this phantom arab bogeyman...The policies they promote go against this rugged freedom loving American image they have of themselves..I see them as the ultimate wimps...

A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help the less fortunate amongst us...

20 Jun 2010 09:28 #17 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Sometimes wifes take on their husbands politics....But if you go just below the surface they are kind, considerate, empathatic and compassionate- Not at all the hatefull, scared and insecure republicans that their husbands are..

Uh, okay. I really don't know what you just said but okay. I think.

I wasn't speaking of you specifically, I think your a good and caring person and that you might have been influenced by a father or husband to some small extent..Thats how I can look past you leaning to the right a little..A woman being a republican is about as stupid as a black man being a republican. If these bible thumpin water heads had their way we'd be back in medieval times and women would have no rights..They are afraid, they live in fear and they would lock you up, and if they would even allow you to go shopping you'd only be shopping for headscarfs, veils and chastity belts..You think i'm joking or carrying it to an extreme? Look at other parts of the world, look at other religious states..Christianity would be worse an more oppresive than any of them.

Now thats my opinion- For whatever its worth

20 Jun 2010 10:41 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Uh, just so you know. I am not religious in any way. Not that I have an issue with those that are. I was not close to my father (or mother) and my mother is huge liberal. And she is not smart about it.

I try to think about all issues per issue and not follow anyone blindly. Especially, politics. I do wonder why everyone thinks that if you do lean right you are a bible thumper. That is not me in any way. You paint with such a broad brush. My issue with both sides is about people that don't think for themselves and blindly listen to people in the media that have an agendas that are not about the betterment of the county they are mostly doing it for entertainment value. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and do not believe in most social issues being governed by the government. I do not follow republicans in the social dept at all. Just because someone might follow the right in one issue does not mean they do in every issue.

I have been described as a slight feminist in fact, at times.

20 Jun 2010 11:54 #19 by LOL
He is on a roll now CG, watch out. Better rename this the VL "Political Theory 101" thread, and reserve some server space. You see he is unhappy that there are alot of conservatives on this site, according to him anyway. Actually it seems pretty balanced.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jun 2010 12:19 #20 by Sunshine Girl
A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help the less fortunate amongst us...

VL ~ That is one of the most gracious things I have ever heard you or anyone say. Do I have your permission to use that as my tag line?????? I really love it.

Ok, so I just found out at the VFW breakfast today that maybe I would be classified as a Libertarian. I thought I was more a liberal. Anyway, I really don't like labels but it was ok I guess.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds