Republicans? (New topic from I'll be at the Laker Game tonight)

20 Jun 2010 12:25 #21 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: Uh, just so you know. I am not religious in any way. Not that I have an issue with those that are. I was not close to my father (or mother) and my mother is huge liberal. And she is not smart about it.

I try to think about all issues per issue and not follow anyone blindly. Especially, politics. I do wonder why everyone thinks that if you do lean right you are a bible thumper. That is not me in any way. You paint with such a broad brush. My issue with both sides is about people that don't think for themselves and blindly listen to people in the media that have an agendas that are not about the betterment of the county they are mostly doing it for entertainment value. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and do not believe in most social issues being governed by the government. I do not follow republicans in the social dept at all. Just because someone might follow the right in one issue does not mean they do in every issue.

I have been described as a slight feminist in fact, at times.

Like I said I wasn't talking about you specifically...But I find it odd that it's ok with republicans when we spend trillions on corporate walfare- AKA wars, but republicans get up in arms when a tiny fraction of our money is invested in us on "social issues" like heathcare and bike paths. And now republicans are even getting upset about the government building and maintaining roads and bridges and things that are vital to a civilised society? It's absurd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2010 12:26 #22 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote: A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help the less fortunate amongst us...

VL ~ That is one of the most gracious things I have ever heard you or anyone say. Do I have your permission to use that as my tag line?????? I really love it.

Oh certainly you can SG....I just thought of it..It just bubbled up naturally

20 Jun 2010 14:49 - 20 Jun 2010 16:35 #23 by LOL

Vice Lord wrote: A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help the less fortunate amongst us...

....I just thought of it..It just bubbled up naturally

"A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help a child"

Its a well known quote, Google it. Well he did change a couple words. :)

Now for a real original quote:

"A man (VL) never seems so short as when he is wallowing in a deep pile of his own BS" -Joe 6/20/2010

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jun 2010 16:31 #24 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help the less fortunate amongst us...

....I just thought of it..It just bubbled up naturally

"A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help a child"

Its a well know quote, Google it. Well he did change a couple words. :)

Isn't everything we say a combination of things weve seen, heard, read and learned throughout our lives?

Think about it

20 Jun 2010 16:53 #25 by CinnamonGirl
VL, I am just saying don't paint me when you don't know me. Not everyone follows parties blindly.

20 Jun 2010 16:56 #26 by LOL

Vice Lord wrote: Isn't everything we say a combination of things weve seen, heard, read and learned throughout our lives?

Think about it

No. I think outside of the box, analyze, learn, and explore new things.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jun 2010 18:37 #27 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: VL, I am just saying don't paint me when you don't know me. Not everyone follows parties blindly.

thats a deal :hands:

20 Jun 2010 18:38 #28 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Isn't everything we say a combination of things weve seen, heard, read and learned throughout our lives?

Think about it

No. I think outside of the box, analyze, learn, and explore new things.

See all those words you used there? I've seen them all before- Be original joe, make up your own language

20 Jun 2010 19:00 #29 by LOL
So you are claiming ownership of common english words? Ok.

Eres un puto imbécil

20 Jun 2010 19:02 #30 by CinnamonGirl
Actually, VL I will agree with you on that too. We are different, in part, because we have all had different experiences.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds