Republicans? (New topic from I'll be at the Laker Game tonight)

21 Jun 2010 11:33 #41 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Democrats claimed victory in the last election, not realizing that an alpaca or prairie dog could have won the presidency.

A very smart person told me that it usually is a pendulum. They were right. Back and forth. Obama now has his Katrina with the oil spill. But it is just the same old stuff. People use whatever they can to make it look like their side is right. Katrina was used on Bush and the Oil well on Obama. I just don't see it changing.

I don't think too many intelligent people blame Obama for the oil spill?..It's 25 years of Republican deregulation thats to blame and the fact that we let entire industries regulate themselves. Once again publicly financed campaigns would have prevented this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2010 11:38 #42 by Nobody that matters

Vice Lord wrote: I don't think too many intelligent people blame Obama for the oil spill?..It's 25 years of Republican deregulation thats to blame and the fact that we let entire industries regulate themselves. Once again publicly financed campaigns would have prevented this.

In an election, the ads aren't aimed at intelligent people... they're aimed at average voters.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 Jun 2010 11:43 #43 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Democrats claimed victory in the last election, not realizing that an alpaca or prairie dog could have won the presidency.

A very smart person told me that it usually is a pendulum. They were right. Back and forth. Obama now has his Katrina with the oil spill. But it is just the same old stuff. People use whatever they can to make it look like their side is right. Katrina was used on Bush and the Oil well on Obama. I just don't see it changing.

I don't think too many intelligent people blame Obama for the oil spill?..It's 25 years of Republican deregulation thats to blame and the fact that we let entire industries regulate themselves. Once again publicly financed campaigns would have prevented this.

First of all wasn't Clinton President for 8 of those years with a majority in both houses for part of it? What did he do to regulate them? Oh yeah, instead he 'de'regulated the lending industry which brought us to this recession. This is both parties, not just one. And had they been able to drill on the more shallow shelves where there is tons of oil rather than being forced to drill a mile down, they would have a lot more control over any spills or leaks.

21 Jun 2010 11:46 #44 by The Viking

dmcdd wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I don't think too many intelligent people blame Obama for the oil spill?..It's 25 years of Republican deregulation thats to blame and the fact that we let entire industries regulate themselves. Once again publicly financed campaigns would have prevented this.

In an election, the ads aren't aimed at intelligent people... they're aimed at average voters.

I still believe there should have to be a test passed, IN ENGLISH, in order to be allowed to vote. Just basic questions. You can't just have people checking a box when all they get is a couple statements form main stream media. They have no idea who or what they are voting for. They vote for whoever they are told to or who ever runs the most ads promising them more social programs.

21 Jun 2010 11:49 #45 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

First of all wasn't Clinton President for 8 of those years with a majority in both houses for part of it?

Yes..He sold us out..NAFTA was the beggining of the end. Clinton was the best republican president we ever had

21 Jun 2010 11:53 #46 by Nobody that matters

The Viking wrote: I still believe there should have to be a test passed, IN ENGLISH, in order to be allowed to vote. Just basic questions. You can't just have people checking a box when all they get is a couple statements form main stream media. They have no idea who or what they are voting for. They vote for whoever they are told to or who ever runs the most ads promising them more social programs.

I think the ballots should be different - they should list each candidate's stand on the issues.

There should be no names or party affiliation shown on the ballot.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 Jun 2010 11:56 #47 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

This is both parties, not just one.

Like I said, Campaign reform- Nobody gets elected without corporate money so they all cater to them to some extent, but there's still a big difference in the parties..There are many votes that come down on party lines..Republicans voting for corporate interests and Democrats voting for the peoples interests..So don't try to drag us down into the S#!t with you. Republicans just got done ruining the world- Not Democrats

21 Jun 2010 11:57 #48 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

dmcdd wrote:

I still believe there should have to be a test passed, IN ENGLISH, in order to be allowed to vote. Just basic questions. You can't just have people checking a box when all they get is a couple statements form main stream media. They have no idea who or what they are voting for. They vote for whoever they are told to or who ever runs the most ads promising them more social programs.

I think they should be in American Indian languages..Not the queens english?

21 Jun 2010 11:58 #49 by LOL
:popcorn:

:party

Its the VL and Viking match, round 1 (and dmcdd too)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jun 2010 12:00 #50 by The Viking

Joe wrote: :popcorn:

:party

Its the VL and Viking match, round 1

Oh I have a book coming that is in responce to his Republicans fear and hate post. There is just too much to write and I am only about half was through it. Stay tuned.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds