$50 Lesson

28 Sep 2011 16:27 #111 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic $50 Lesson
I don't need to scroll back... I read the whole thread... And I saw exactly what I said. But thanks for playing...

And I'm not "your friend"...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 16:28 #112 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic $50 Lesson
And yet another assumption by Kate the assofuandumption.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Sep 2011 16:31 #113 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson
Is that not your claim as well? That you can see the intentions of Jesus' words in the single line of Scripture you provided? I simply pointed out that your claim to such sight was misted instead of clear and I used the rest of the Scripture surrounding the single line you pulled out to sustain my points. Context, especially in Scripture, is relevant Kate. When you attempt to ascribe meaning after first removing that context any claim to accuracy is severely compromised by that action.

28 Sep 2011 16:32 #114 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote:

Kate wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: So Kate, the expert in theology, says we only need to read and understand one passage from the Bible to understand all. Think of all the paper we could have saved. :faint:

I have not claimed to be an expert in theology. That's your assumption to be wrong about. I've asked you repeatedly to please point out where I am incorrect in my interpretation of that passage. It seems very clear to me and you don't seem to have an answer. If I'm wrong, then enlighten me.

Fine, Jesus knew the man had more love for his wealth than for God, so he had to sell everything - his love for his wealth was going to keep him from salvation.

It's not a passage saying everyone has to sell everything, it's a passage telling everyone they need to get rid of whatever they hold more important than God.

Thank you.

Yes very well put NTM. And to elaborate on that.

When it says "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24. What it means to me is that when people have a lot of money most of the time it is so easy to stray from the faith that Jesus speaks of and turn to money as their God. Many people, even those who claim not to believe will turn to God in times of struggle and when they don't have everything they need to make life comfortable.

What this passage means to me is that when people have a lot of money like the man in this story, it is easy for them to lose sight of God and make money their God. Why do they need faith and love and a reliance on God when money can buy them anything they want? So this is not telling EVERYONE to give up everything they own. He saw into this man’s heart and saw what the most important thing to him was and it was his wealth. And this was proven true by his actions of turning and walking off when he was told of the choice. Just like when God told Abraham to sacrifice the most important thing in his life, his son Isaac so see if his love for God was truely the most imortant thing in his life. He didn't really want him to kill him but he just wanted to see if God was first in his life over everything else. In the other story, the man's money was more important and that parable shows that money is one of the hardest things not to put first over God which in essence makes it your God.

This is not saying that ANYONE with money cannot keep faith and love for God and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. There are many Philanthropists out there who do nothing but take care of others with their money. But it is so much easier to get caught up in the world and material things rather than making God and people as the most important things in this world. And it is easier to think more of yourself and your own happiness rather than those in this world who are struggling. Again, I am not saying that this is that case with everyone, but if people are FORCED to take care of others, then there is resentment towards doing it and they don’t really gets the chance to do it out of love and the kindness in their hearts as Jesus was an example of and wants us to be a shining example of to the world. It defeats the whole purpose.

28 Sep 2011 16:38 #115 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic $50 Lesson
It means Jesus was a hippie.

28 Sep 2011 16:39 #116 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic $50 Lesson
Kate, its not your enormous a$$ that makes your head look like a peabrain, its your stupid comments. :thumbsup:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Sep 2011 16:40 #117 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson

LadyJazzer wrote: And I'm not "your friend"...

I thought the two of us were among the number who did not suffer from the illiberality of ascribing to the person their disdain for the politics of the other, but it seems I may have been mistaken in that regard. There was a time, not too long ago in fact, where both of us proclaimed right here on this site that we would be glad to have the other for a neighbor. My feelings in that regard have not changed with regards to you, what caused the sudden shift in yours towards me? What have I done that has caused you such great offense?

28 Sep 2011 16:41 #118 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote:

The Viking wrote: Are they then in turn suppose to sell everything they were just given and give their money to the next person who then has to do the same thing?

Yes. If they are Christian, they will give what they can.

The Viking wrote: When does it end?

Hopefully never.

So if the government forces you to do it, does it have the same meaning and value?

28 Sep 2011 16:42 #119 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote: I don't need to scroll back... I read the whole thread... And I saw exactly what I said. But thanks for playing...

And I'm not "your friend"...

Are we still on for dinner?

28 Sep 2011 16:42 #120 by Something the Dog Said
Replied by Something the Dog Said on topic $50 Lesson
So where does Mark 12:13-17 of the Kings James Version fit in? Does it not command christians to pay taxes to the government?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds