$50 Lesson

28 Sep 2011 16:47 #121 by archer
Replied by archer on topic $50 Lesson

HEARTLESS wrote: Kate, its not your enormous a$$ that makes your head look like a peabrain, its your stupid comments. :thumbsup:

Well, you weren't lying when you said you are never nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 16:48 #122 by archer
Replied by archer on topic $50 Lesson

The Viking wrote:
So if the government forces you to do it, does it have the same meaning and value?

Only if you do it without whining and crying.

28 Sep 2011 16:51 #123 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic $50 Lesson

archer wrote: No one, not even the government, is forcing you to give to the poor viking, you always have the option to move to a country where there are no taxes, or the taxes don't go to the poor.....I'm sure there is some dictatorship that would fit the bill.

That used to happen here, where taxes went for the common good and charity took care of the poor. Then the liberals found out there's money and power to be had by making the poor dependent on government entitlements, and they were off and running.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

28 Sep 2011 16:52 #124 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic $50 Lesson

Something the Dog Said wrote: So where does Mark 12:13-17 of the Kings James Version fit in? Does it not command christians to pay taxes to the government?

Sure it does but I sure don't think they realized what a wasteful government we would have throwing out money away on crap! We shouldn't have to pay for that. After billions in failures in green plants they jsut announced they are throwing another billion or so at 2 more. Taxes are fine but up to a certain point and it also says you should not waste in the Bible. But that is all this corrupt government does. So we must fight that.

Here are 250 great scriptures on money and giving!

http://christianpf.com/money-in-the-bible/

28 Sep 2011 16:53 #125 by The Viking

Nobody that matters wrote:

archer wrote: No one, not even the government, is forcing you to give to the poor viking, you always have the option to move to a country where there are no taxes, or the taxes don't go to the poor.....I'm sure there is some dictatorship that would fit the bill.

That used to happen here, where taxes went for the common good and charity took care of the poor. Then the liberals found out there's money and power to be had by making the poor dependent on government entitlements, and they were off and running.

Exactly!!

28 Sep 2011 16:54 #126 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic $50 Lesson
Yes, when the Supreme Court intelligently took the stance that "promoting the general welfare" allowed for the creation of a safety net to protect it's citizens...

Insert standard " Constitution Party , LawAndLiberty , ReasonOfFreedom , PoliticsOfLiberty , TeaPartyPatriot excursions into what you THINK the Constitution says, or should have said, here: ____________________________________

The Supreme Court interprets, and has done so for a little over 230 years. Their interpretations of what it means are what is important, and not the libertarian nonsense of the radical right. The "general welfare" clause was not "invented", but obviously it has been interpreted to mean something you don't agree with. I could care less.

28 Sep 2011 16:59 #127 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson
IIRC what it says is to render to Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's. Money is not a creation of God, it is a creation of man. Yes, the Christian is obligated to pay the taxes that are required of them by the government they live under. It should also be pointed out that if/when the government requires taxation which is onerous, despotic and unjust the Christian still retains the unalienable right endowed upon them by their Creator to alter or abolish such a government.

28 Sep 2011 17:00 #128 by The Viking
13 pages all from a joke?

28 Sep 2011 17:01 #129 by The Viking
Luke 16:13 ESV

No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

28 Sep 2011 17:04 #130 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson

PrintSmith wrote: Is that not your claim as well? That you can see the intentions of Jesus' words in the single line of Scripture you provided? I simply pointed out that your claim to such sight was misted instead of clear and I used the rest of the Scripture surrounding the single line you pulled out to sustain my points. Context, especially in Scripture, is relevant Kate. When you attempt to ascribe meaning after first removing that context any claim to accuracy is severely compromised by that action.

I am not the one spinning the bible and adding my interpretation, PS. I'ts right there in black & white, where it says "sell your...." You are the one that is interpreting that it "actually means that we should....."

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds