Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

04 Mar 2012 17:09 #41 by FredHayek

Super Malta wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Rush Limbaugh

PINK CHEESE GREEN GHOST!

Always trust VL to elevate the debate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2012 17:15 #42 by LOL

neptunechimney wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: How's that hate and vitriol working out for ya, Schmuck?

How is it working out for you?

Pretty pathetic way she spends her Sunday afternoon on a beautiful day, isn't it NC? Well, have fun LJ. (or not) Cheers! It was beautiful outside here today. Keep up the good work posting! :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Mar 2012 17:19 #43 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Rush got exactly what he wanted... attention. so he won

. . . and that was not a real apology and Rush and his ditto heads know it.

The REAL STORY HERE is the trend from the right with this all out attack on women and women's rights. And no one from the GOP stood up to Rush once again. I am glad this is all in the news. It draws a start contrast between the choices in elections at all levels.

04 Mar 2012 17:24 #44 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I've got it! I think that all republican women should practice the Bayer aspirin method of birth control. That should get all the republican men to think twice about what they are doing. I bet they'd back off in one night. HA

04 Mar 2012 17:51 #45 by Rick

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Rush got exactly what he wanted... attention. so he won

. . . and that was not a real apology and Rush and his ditto heads know it.

The REAL STORY HERE is the trend from the right with this all out attack on women and women's rights. And no one from the GOP stood up to Rush once again. I am glad this is all in the news. It draws a start contrast between the choices in elections at all levels.

How many "leaders" on the left ever stand up to scumbags like Maher or Letterman? But I guess making rape jokes about a young girl is just peachy with the left. Seems like both dirtbags are as popular as ever.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Mar 2012 17:56 #46 by archer
Gee Bill...did Rush really sound to you like he was making a joke? Or do you think that because Rush told you so? Talk about being gullible.

04 Mar 2012 17:57 #47 by 2wlady
I would like to know if the Catholic Church also doesn't want to pay for vasectomies. Haven't seen that anywhere yet.

04 Mar 2012 17:58 #48 by pineinthegrass
So far as Rush Limbagh and Bill Maher go, both are jerks IMO.

They both directed vulgar language and profanity towards a woman (besides c***t, Maher has also used tw*t in reference to Palin and has gone after her daughter too). And I'll throw in Don Imus for his nappy headed hos remark which combined vulgarity with some bigotry. Maher can try to justify it by saying it's comedy, but Limbaugh and Imus can also do the same by calling it satire.

There is no freedom of speech regarding profanity because there are laws against it in some cases. It's usually OK to use profanity in private (although it can get you in big trouble with someone), but sometimes it's illegal to use it in public, or on public airwaves (FCC laws). But nothing is consistent (can't use profanity on radio/TV airwaves but can use it on satellite airwaves but just for certain channels). I can't find anything which says it's OK to use vulgar language towards a public person vs. a private person, not that it's illegal in either case. In either case you can be perceived as being vulgar. If you get into areas such as slander or libel, the law does treat public figures differently. But I don't see profanity/vulgarity the same as slander.

So far as the degree of profanity goes, I'd say Maher clearly used the worst language followed by Imus, followed by Limbaugh. But I'm not giving Imus and Limbaugh a free pass. They were both on public airwaves and would of violated FCC rules had they used the words Maher did. Had they used Maher's words, they would of been suspended immediately and possibly fired. Radio station owners don't like the huge FCC fines.

For whatever reasons, it's OK with the FCC for Maher to use his words on cable/satellite TV (I assume the FCC also regulates satellite). I'm thinking it's considered OK because you have to pay for it.

Limbaugh and Imus also face(d) a big hurdle Maher did not with his HBO show. They have sponsors. And sponsors can be very fickle if they think the public might see them in a bad light because they could get boycotted and lose a lot of money. Maher faced a similar thing back when he got fired from his ABC show. Yes, HBO in effect has "sponsors" too. They are the subscribers. And if enough subscribers contacted HBO and said they were cancelling because of what Maher said, it probably would eventually have an effect. But it's not the same effect as with sponsors. I almost find it kind of ironic that for Limbaugh that it comes down to his sponsors. Isn't that what conservatives want? Here they get the free market (sponsors) making the calls rather than the government. lol

So I say a pox on all of them. I don't think they should be fired, though. Imus got "fired" but eventually came back. I doubt Limbaugh gets fired, but in the small chance it happens (not that I'd lose any sleep over it), he'd probably come back too. I don't see that he said anything worse than Imus did.

Anyway, I think some of us are being consistent and either condeming or supporting (not sure I see that) both Limbaugh and Maher. With others, not so much.

04 Mar 2012 18:01 #49 by Rick

archer wrote: Gee Bill...did Rush really sound to you like he was making a joke? Or do you think that because Rush told you so? Talk about being gullible.

Can you imagine if your child was made fun of on national TV about getting raped by a baseball player? Kids commmit suicide all the time because of sh#t like that. Oh ya, it was just a joke, kid's get over that stuff easy. I would expect a fool like VL to justify crap like this, but not you archer.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Mar 2012 18:04 #50 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

CritiKalbILL wrote: Can you imagine if your child was made fun of on national TV about getting raped by a baseball player? Kids commmit suicide all the time because of sh#t like that. Oh ya, it was just a joke, kid's get over that stuff easy. I would expect a fool like VL to justify crap like this, but not you archer.

You facists want to restrict free speech to protect peoples feelings now?

They don't even do that in North Korea

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds