Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

04 Mar 2012 22:43 #61 by archer
I think the GOP picked the wrong fight when they went after Obama on contraception. They thought the fight would be over religion......but they underestimated the desire of women....all women.....to have the right to decide just how many children they would like to have.......can afford......and are willing to bring into this crazy world. Once the Pandora's box of the birth control pill was opened, the GOP cannot close it again. Even the attempt to limit women's access to birth control in the name of religion has brought on a backlash I'm quite sure they never intended. This isn't just about single women having sex, much as they would like to portray it as such.....this is about families, men and women, being able to plan their family and make decisions about that family. Do any of you conservatives really think women and their husbands are going to give up the freedom to have sex when ever they want without having to rely on condoms just because one political party wants to limit their access to the pill? And yes, when you deny health insurance coverage for the pill it does limit people's access to them....and they very people who benefit the most from smaller families are the ones being hurt the most by this.

I cannot believe we are even having this conversation in 2012.....do conservatives REALLY want to turn the clock back to the 1950's? Do they really think this attitude will get them more votes in the 2012 elections?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2012 05:56 #62 by FredHayek
But the GOP hasn't picked this fight, only Santorum and Rush. And I have said all along that I think it is a loser to be against free contraception. Voters love "free" stuff.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Mar 2012 05:59 #63 by The Boss
Am I missing something, I assumed Rush was always a player for the left to make the right look stupid, are you guys suggesting something different?

05 Mar 2012 07:55 #64 by FredHayek
Counter-boycott. Seems some of Rush's listeners are going to call and e-mail the advertizers who have suspended their ad campaigns on his show, promising to boycott their products. Who will win?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Mar 2012 07:59 #65 by Nobody that matters

FredHayek wrote: Who will win?

When stupidity runs rampant, we all loose.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Mar 2012 08:07 #66 by LadyJazzer
Since there's more people who don't listen to the bigot, and think he crossed the line than there are ditto-heads, I think I know who will win.

05 Mar 2012 08:15 #67 by outdoor338
Bill Mahar..... then turned to the fact that Limbaugh was demanding the Obama SuperPAC he donated to return the money because “I sometimes called Sarah Palin a bad (C) name.” Chuckling to himself, he noted, “I don’t have sponsors, I’m on HBO.” He then noted that Limbaugh’s first sponsor to leave him was a mattress company: “sluts use a lot of mattresses!”

Ya just gotta love how low the libs go and allow this goon to stay on TV...

05 Mar 2012 08:25 #68 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Counter-boycott. Seems some of Rush's listeners are going to call and e-mail the advertizers who have suspended their ad campaigns on his show, promising to boycott their products. Who will win?

Advertisers don't drive listeners...Rush will have no problem replacing advertisers because the listeners are not going anywhere..and that's what advertisers look at.

Now if it was someone with minimal ratings like Alan Colmes, then there would be big problems.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Mar 2012 08:48 #69 by Reverend Revelant

CritiKalbILL wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Counter-boycott. Seems some of Rush's listeners are going to call and e-mail the advertizers who have suspended their ad campaigns on his show, promising to boycott their products. Who will win?

Advertisers don't drive listeners...Rush will have no problem replacing advertisers because the listeners are not going anywhere..and that's what advertisers look at.

Now if it was someone with minimal ratings like Alan Colmes, then there would be big problems.

Ha... Alan Colmes... the "beat me up as much as you want" liberal flunky. The only way he can attract an audience is to start each of his radio shows with 20 minutes of basically a call in and "pick on me" segment.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Mar 2012 09:23 #70 by Wily Fox aka Angela
these are the images that the GOP has to live down.

[center:1b6z71l4]http://www2.timesdispatch.com/mgmedia/image/0/354/216219/state-capitol/

Virginia State Police guarded the steps of the state Capitol during today's protest by abortion-rights demonstrators.[/center:1b6z71l4]

BIG MEN WITH BIG BULLY CLUBS stand up to a peaceful protest of WOMEN, for crikey's sake.

They are BULLIES, nothing more, nothing less. This will come back on them. This will be another year of the woman and I predict that the Strikeforce will be successful to vote out all the men that voted for this in VA.

(btw, you can try to turn this into an abortion thread, but that will only mean that you still don't get it. Don't get women pissed off. We can stand some nonsense, but when you start treating us as chattel, then it's on)

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds