thoughts on the Trayvon murder

30 Mar 2012 16:20 #311 by plaidvillain
Keep dancing, PS - you twist better than Chubby Checker. Zimmerman was already harrassing Martin by following him. If I were walking at night and a non-police car followed me, I'd be on the defensive...especially if I were a teenager concerned about possibly being jumped. Remember Z had NO authority other than the authority he took on by himself. Going out packing heat alllowed him to be a fool. Without the gun, he'd have neve stepped out of the car. He literally took the fight to Martin - no badge, no authority. IF Martin did attack Zimmerman, it would've been a rational reaction just to being followed…despite whatever happened in the person to person confrontation. Your argument is pathetic. Zimmermman was in the wrong from the get-go...and you KNOW it. Of course, you will likely never admit it - I've not once seen you ever admit you're wrong, and highly doubt now will be the first time. Your stubborn pride is an embarrassment to your character.

Again, you seem satisfied to accept Zimmerman's word without allowing an opportunity to hear Martin's side....why you would do this? There's few reasons I can think of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2012 16:52 #312 by FredHayek

plaidvillain wrote: Keep dancing, PS - you twist better than Chubby Checker. Zimmerman was already harrassing Martin by following him. If I were walking at night and a non-police car followed me, I'd be on the defensive...especially if I were a teenager concerned about possibly being jumped. Remember Z had NO authority other than the authority he took on by himself. Going out packing heat alllowed him to be a fool. Without the gun, he'd have neve stepped out of the car. He literally took the fight to Martin - no badge, no authority. IF Martin did attack Zimmerman, it would've been a rational reaction just to being followed…despite whatever happened in the person to person confrontation. Your argument is pathetic. Zimmermman was in the wrong from the get-go...and you KNOW it. Of course, you will likely never admit it - I've not once seen you ever admit you're wrong, and highly doubt now will be the first time. Your stubborn pride is an embarrassment to your character.

Again, you seem satisfied to accept Zimmerman's word without allowing an opportunity to hear Martin's side....why you would do this? There's few reasons I can think of.

You would be a pretty wimpy watch captain if you only called 911.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Mar 2012 16:58 #313 by outdoor338
Martin, the angelic cherub story is bursting at the seams.

Evidence :
Sanford Police Department Report # 20125001136 .
Officer Ricardo Ayala:
"While I was is such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground, Zimmerman was also bleeding form the nose and back of his head. Zmmerman was given first aid by SFD Rescue 38 "

30 Mar 2012 16:58 #314 by archer
I think that is the central point PV....unless they can prove that Trayvon pulled Zimmerman out of his vehicle and beat him there, then Trayvon could not have been the aggressor. That's the logic to me anyway, if someone is following you and you don't recognize them as a law officer or a friend, I would think you had every right to fight them if they approached you, or grabbed at you, even if they claim that they are holding you for the police. From what I have read. the stand your ground law doesn't apply if you are the aggressor.

Fred, a watch captain is just that.....someone who watches the neighborhood and calls police if they see something or someone that seems wrong. I would only expect them to intervene if they saw that person attacking another person or perhaps breaking into a house, walking down the street is not a crime.

30 Mar 2012 17:02 #315 by Photo-fish
Neighborhood Watch is:
-A community – police crime prevention partnership.
-Neighbors coming together to help each other not become victims of crime.
-Neighbors coming together to address community issues.
-Learning and practicing Crime Prevention through Environmental Design - Surveying and upgrading, if necessary, your home security and lighting.
-Learning to identify suspicious activity and reporting the activity to other neighbors and the police.
-Members all live on the same street or within line of sight, generally 5 – 25 homes per group.

Neighborhood Watch is not:
-Citizens armed patrol.
-Vigilante groups.
-Encouraging residents to take risks to prevent crimes.
-A program that guarantees that a crime will not occur in a neighborhood.
-A political group.
-A neighborhood association or neighborhood organization.
-A law enforcement entity.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Mar 2012 17:03 #316 by LadyJazzer
Too bad Trayvon didn't have a gun... He could have "stood his ground" against the stalker that got out of his car and was following him for no reason. Then we would have a guy dead who was arrested in 2005 for "Assault on a Police Officer", and had a restraining order on him from 2005 for domestic violence; and who was fired from a private security guard position for being "overly aggressive."...And we'd have a teenager with a bag of Skittles and a can of ice-tea who was alive.

30 Mar 2012 17:05 #317 by archer
also, if I was walking down the street alone, and someone was following me that I didn't recognize or didn't look like a law enforcement officer, I would start running, and if they chased me and got close I surely would turn and fight as best I could. If this is what happened, and trayvon had a gun, he would have had more justification for shooting Zimmerman than the other way around. But we don't know what happened do we, yet you are intent on making this all about Zimmerman the good guy and Trayvon the evil bad guy.

30 Mar 2012 17:20 #318 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Joe Scarborough On Trayvon Martin: Conservatives Are 'Fools' For Taking Political Stance

Joe Scarborough condemned some conservatives and right-leaning websites for trying to turn Trayvon Martin's death into a political cause on Friday's "Morning Joe."

[snip]

Sure... the right is trying to politicize it...

Sharpton to Call for More Civil Disobedience if Zimmerman Isn't Arrested Soon

(NewsCore) - Rev. Al Sharpton told the Orlando Sentinel Friday that he will call for more civil disobedience if George Zimmerman remains a free man following the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpps/news/s ... o_18928412

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) decided to make a speech on the House Floor applauding the nation’s youth for speaking out against racial profiling in the fallout of the Martin case whilst donning a hoodie himself, apparently to show solidarity (though the House is still a very cold place from the days of Dick Cheney).

“I applaud the young people, all across the land who are making a statement about hoodies, about the real hoodlums in this nation, specifically those who tread on our law wearing official or quasi-official cloaks,” said Rush.

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/commen ... al-session

Trayvon Martin's family alleges racial profiling before Congress

Updated at 7:55 p.m. ET: As a special prosecutor weighs seemingly contradictory witness accounts about the death of Trayvon Martin, his parents told members of Congress on Tuesday afternoon that they believed their son was a victim of racial profiling and hoped national attention focused on the case means he did not "die in vain."

Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., organized the briefing on racial profiling and hate crimes in response to the slaying of Martin, 17, an African American who was shot by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman, who hasn't been arrested, claims it was self-defense.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... e-congress

Florida congressional Dems ‘troubled’ that Zimmerman still free in Trayvon Martin killing

Florida’s Democratic U.S. House delegation signed a letter to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi today expressing “grave concern” about the handling of the Trayvon Martin case more than a month after the unarmed black teenager was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford.
“We remain troubled that this incident occurred on February 26, 2012, and yet Mr. George Zimmerman has not been arrested,” says the letter signed by the six Florida Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/03/f ... n-killing/

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'

WASHINGTON—Urging Americans to "do some soul searching," President Barack Obama injected himself into the emotional debate over the fatal shooting of a teenager in Florida, turning the racially charged case into a personal matter for the nation's first black president.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/cambridg ... e_trayvon/

Joe Scarborough and Lady Jazzer... tell use some more lies.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Mar 2012 17:27 #319 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
Conservatives Are 'Fools' For Taking Political Stance

Remember when they sided with Wall Street?... lol

Asked what Wall Street ever did for them and the threads died..

uh duh huh..

30 Mar 2012 17:33 #320 by pineinthegrass

Soulshiner wrote: Zimmerman became the aggressor the moment he stepped out of his vehicle.

He's not allowed to get out of his car?

I've heard claims the dispatcher told him to stay in the car, but I don't hear it on the 911 tape. I only heard the dispatcher tell him "we don't need you to do that" when Zimmerman started chasing the guy. About 15 sec later it sounds like Zimmerman stops running.

It's a question of the law if following a person makes you an aggressor. Getting out of your car does not, IMO. And Martin approached Zimmerman first, according to the 911 call.

Zimmerman says he lost sight of the guy in the 911 call. He later tells police he quit looking and headed back to his car. Even if chasing a person who runs legally makes Zimmerman an aggressor (not that I know the answer), there is such thing as a "reset" where you are no longer considered an aggressor. If Zimmerman's walking back to the car is such a "reset" then Martin would be the aggressor assuming he actually did attack Zimmerman. If Zimmerman attacked Martin then he is clearly the aggressor and can not legally use deadly force.

Anyway I'll let the new prosecutor sort it out.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds