thoughts on the Trayvon murder

01 Apr 2012 10:37 #341 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
manslaughter and a crime of passion are two completely different things.

I'm guessing manslaughter, if charges are even brought. The police screwed up the initial investigation so badly the prosecutor may not be able to go forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2012 14:27 - 01 Apr 2012 14:49 #342 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

JSG wrote: manslaughter and a crime of passion are two completely different things.

Yeah and Oahu doesn't have any nice beaches either

You know if you get in a fight with someone at a bar and accidently kill them, it's considered a crime of passion and the charge is manslaughter..It doesn't just mean the killing of a cheating wife or girlfriend or maybe in your case, a boyfriend..Did'nt this guy claim there was a fight? That'll be his defense and that will be what he gets convicted of

Prediction: 4 years, out in 3, then gets a job at FOX News

01 Apr 2012 14:28 #343 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

JSG wrote: The police screwed up the initial investigation so badly the prosecutor may not be able to go forward.

lol What? Have you been studieing the case over the weekend?

01 Apr 2012 15:28 #344 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I'll buy into the "then gets a job at FOX News" part....

01 Apr 2012 17:01 #345 by Reverend Revelant
Various posts on this thread...

Plaidvillian - "I know many here in our homogenous insulated community don't give a damn about racial injustices"

JSG - "Trayvon Martin case shows racist assumptions persist"

Plaidvillian - "Otis, why does your otherwise accurate accounting of the facts exclude mention of Zimmerman's racial slur during the call to the dispatcher?"

JSG - "'And he's a black male...'"

Archer - "Some of Zimmerman own words on the 911 calls are keeping the issue of racism in the forefront of this investigation"

Archer - "why even investigate if we have one black guy who says the shooter wasn't racist"

Plaidvillian - "made a judgement call on Martin based solely on his race"

Plaidvillain - " Did Zimmerman have any reason to suspect Martin, other than his skin color"

And PineInTheGrass said of a comment by JSG - "You edited off the part right after where you said Zimmerman was chasing Martin which was also a clear statement. Keep editing..."

Well... it seems some editing was done.. and by someone more important then JSG...

NBC are investigating an edited clip of the 911 call made by George Zimmerman. - The network's Today program has been accused of intentionally editing the 911 call to make it sound as if Zimmerman was making racist comments.

Today aired a portion of the 911 clip, where Zimmerman says: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

However, the full call actually has Zimmerman stating: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 operator replies: "Okay. And this guy, is he white, black or Hispanic?", to which Zimmerman responds: "He looks black."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a3742 ... -call.html

and

MSNBC.com, in an unbylined piece did the exact same thing in text form, stripping out vital information which made Zimmerman appear to be racially motivated against Martin, who is black.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall ... z1qpb0P0Jv

FYI

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Apr 2012 17:09 #346 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
You still don't get the racial profiling of "he looks like he's up to no good"....by observing a black person merely walking down the street in a hoodie. oh well. I can explain it but I can't understand it for you, Half Twit

Vice Lord wrote: [You know if you get in a fight with someone at a bar and accidently kill them, it's considered a crime of passion and the charge is manslaughter..

No, that's second degree murder. If you had studied law, you'd know that the distinction between murder and manslaughter is said to have first been made by the Ancient Athenian lawmaker Draco in the 7th century BC.

For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.

(I can wiki with the best of them)

01 Apr 2012 17:17 #347 by FredHayek
Heather Mac Donald per NationalReview.Com: A black of Trayvon's age is seven times more likely to die of homicide than a white or Hispanic male, and in 92% of those crimes, the killer is another black person.

Maybe Al Sharpton & Spike Lee should be talking about this rather than a bizarre, unusual incident.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Apr 2012 17:18 - 01 Apr 2012 17:24 #348 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote: You still don't get the racial profiling of "he looks like he's up to no good"....by observing a black person merely walking down the street in a hoodie. oh well. I can explain it but I can't understand it for you, Half Twit

And you still don't get that he was responding to questions of the 911 dispatcher and you are taking bits and pieces out of context, along with the fact that now we see that NBS edited the tape, taking out key portions of the tape. The left's narrative and race baiting on this case is falling apart. Just like you.

01 Apr 2012 17:19 #349 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: Heather Mac Donald per NationalReview.Com: A black of Trayvon's age is seven times more likely to die of homicide than a white or Hispanic male, and in 92% of those crimes, the killer is another black person.

Maybe Al Sharpton & Spike Lee should be talking about this rather than a bizarre, unusual incident.

Fred... that has already been brought up three times in this thread... by me. Get with the program.

01 Apr 2012 17:21 #350 by FredHayek

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Heather Mac Donald per NationalReview.Com: A black of Trayvon's age is seven times more likely to die of homicide than a white or Hispanic male, and in 92% of those crimes, the killer is another black person.

Fred... that has already been brought up three times in this thread... by me. Get with the program.

:lol: But not as many people have me on their ignore list.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds