thoughts on the Trayvon murder

30 Mar 2012 17:56 #321 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: A strong statement to make in public...

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. spoke to CNN's Piers Morgan Thursday night saying he wanted to correct some of the "mythology" and untruths that have been spread about the controversial shooting.

"We're confident the medical records are going to explain all of George's medical history," Zimmerman Jr. said. "His nose looks swollen in that video. I'm his brother."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/justice/f ... ?hpt=hp_t2

He better be telling the truth.

Turns out the brother hasn't seen George in several years. He's just trying to get in on the publicity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2012 17:57 #322 by Reverend Revelant
Hey... let's have a little riot...

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free - By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel

If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, theRev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Sharpton would not say the efforts would be taken against the city of Sanford specifically, but he has been critical of the police department's handling of the case.

Saturday's scheduled 11 a.m. march from Crooms Academy of Information Technology to the Sanford Police Department headquarters was organized by National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Coordinators said people will be bused in from other states to participate.

The civil rights activist and syndicated television show host said he will elaborate on this plan Saturday.

"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn't arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson is also expected to participate in the event.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... ssociation

Let's put a little hate on.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Mar 2012 17:57 #323 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote: Turns out the brother hasn't seen George in several years. He's just trying to get in on the publicity.

And?

30 Mar 2012 18:13 #324 by PrintSmith
Since you didn't answer the question, I will ask it again. Is it reasonable to expect that you are required to allow me to bludgeon you to death without taking action to prevent that from occurring simply because you threw the first punch in a physical altercation between the two of us? I maintain that it is not a reasonable expectation, what say you?

I am not "satisfied to accept Zimmerman's word" - I am simply cognizant of the reality that Zimmerman doesn't need to prove that his narrative is correct and that those wishing to see him prosecuted must first meet a burden of believing that they have sufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his narrative is not what happened before he can be arrested and then must then prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his claim to have acted in defense of his person is incorrect as well. The only independent witness account that I have seen that describes what happened before the shot was fires describes Zimmerman on his back and being struck repeatedly in the head while crying out for help. I don't have an independent witness account from that night that describes how the confrontation between them began. You can create whatever scenario you wish to believe PV, but the fact of the matter is that there is no means to determine with certitude that your creation is accurate. Martin's girlfriend in her statement said that Martin was the first to speak, not Zimmerman. How are we to determine the circumstances when that occurred? We have no independent witnesses at that moment to help us in our determination. Was Martin standing on the sidewalk watching Zimmerman approach? Did Martin come up from behind Zimmerman after Zimmerman turned to return to his vehicle? Was contact between Martin and his girlfriend lost as a result of Martin being struck or Martin striking out? I can believe that Martin was acting in self defense when he struck Zimmerman - regardless of whether he struck first or second. I can easily understand why someone would be fearful for their safety after seeing someone following them on a dark rainy night. I can just as easily see why someone wandering around a neighborhood on a dark and rainy night would appear suspicious to a resident of a neighborhood that had recently been the victim of numerous burglaries. I can easily understand why someone taking off running after they became aware they were being watched would raise the level of suspicion as easily as I can understand why a teenager would take off running when they became aware someone was watching them. And I can just as easily understand why someone who had been sent to the pavement by a blow and then was being hit in the head repeatedly with no signs of it stopping might come to be in fear of their own safety.

What I can't understand is this attempt to portray Zimmerman as someone who came charging after Martin with a drawn gun and shooting him down like a dog in the street simply because he was a black teenager wearing a hoodie who would look like Obama's son if Obama had a son. There is simply no account, no witnesses, no evidence, nothing at all which gives this scenario any reason as to why it should be considered, let alone believed.

30 Mar 2012 18:20 #325 by archer

PrintSmith wrote: What I can't understand is this attempt to portray Zimmerman as someone who came charging after Martin with a drawn gun and shooting him down like a dog in the street simply because he was a black teenager wearing a hoodie who would look like Obama's son if Obama had a son. There is simply no account, no witnesses, no evidence, nothing at all which gives this scenario any reason as to why it should be considered, let alone believed.

I haven't seen anyone describe what happened that way......especially not here.

30 Mar 2012 18:31 #326 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
Well, he did go chasing after Martin and told the dispatcher he thought the guy "was up to no good" or words to that effect. He disregarded the dispatcher when they said, "We don't need you to do that."

Martin told his girlfriend he was being followed. If it had of been a burglar, Zimmerman is lucky the guy didn't wheel around and put a few slugs in him. It was raining and nobody was watching.

30 Mar 2012 18:38 #327 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote: Well, he did go chasing after Martin and told the dispatcher he thought the guy "was up to no good" or words to that effect. He disregarded the dispatcher when they said, "We don't need you to do that."

Martin told his girlfriend he was being followed. If it had of been a burglar, Zimmerman is lucky the guy didn't wheel around and put a few slugs in him. It was raining and nobody was watching.

If that had happened, we wouldn't be hearing a word about it. White Hispanics don't make good fodder for the race baiters.

30 Mar 2012 20:01 #328 by Soulshiner
This entire situation started when Zimmerman stepped out of his car. He can call the police on a suspicious character if he wants, that's his right, but once he left his vehicle, an armed Zimmerman set the situation in motion. Martin was walking back to the condo after a 7-11 run, that's his right. The confrontation's beginning was when Zimmerman decided to exit his vehicle and exceed the boundries of a neighborhood watch, which he wasn't on. If he had seen Martin attacking someone or breaking into a house, that would be a different story. I hope none of you ever has to decide that you must follow the orders of an armed stranger who is stalking you in your neighborhood with nothing identifying them as an authority and commanding you to wait with them until the police arrive. If Zimmerman stays in the vehicle, the situation never happens. But Zimmerman decided he didn't like the look of the guy, so he took it upon himself to play vigilante.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

31 Mar 2012 04:26 #329 by PrintSmith

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: What I can't understand is this attempt to portray Zimmerman as someone who came charging after Martin with a drawn gun and shooting him down like a dog in the street simply because he was a black teenager wearing a hoodie who would look like Obama's son if Obama had a son. There is simply no account, no witnesses, no evidence, nothing at all which gives this scenario any reason as to why it should be considered, let alone believed.

I haven't seen anyone describe what happened that way......especially not here.

Got your partisan blinders on again? The comment about Trayvon being shot down like a dog in the street came from the "Honorable" Representative Frederica Wilson, a Democrat from Florida:

This is Treyvon Martin. Trayvon Martin's murderer is still at large. It's been one month, thirty days, with no arrest. I want America to see this sweet young boy who was hunted down like a dog, shot in the street, and his killer is still at large.

Not one person has been arrested in Treyvon's murder. I want to make sure that America knows that in Sanford, Florida, there was a young boy murdered. He is buried in Miami, Florida, and not one person has been arrested even though we all know who the murderer is.

The remark about Trayvon looking like Obama's son would look came from our very own president. The "Honorable" Maxine Waters, another member of the "progressive" party, has chimed in with a statement that she believes it was a hate crime.

And how can we forget the tripe contributed by our very own professional "progressive" hater here in this forum:

Typical vigilante/gun-nut.... "STOP!! [bang-bang] Or I'll Shoot!!!"

and

(I guess they do when there's a lunatic with a 9mm running around the neighborhood looking for something to shoot after being told to "stand down" by the police dispatcher...)

We have as least a couple of posters here that opine as if it were fact that Zimmerman "accosted" Martin. One has opined that Zimmerman became the aggressor when he stepped out of his vehicle; completely ignoring, for whatever reason, that contact between the two of them was lost shortly after that occurrence. And need I remind you that you yourself said that Zimmerman had some 'splaining to do? Under what system of justice is that true archer, certainly not ours where the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Zimmerman claims to have shot Martin in self defense. That is the only thing he needs to say. He doesn't have to prove that he did shoot Martin in defense of his person, others need to have reason to believe that they can prove he didn't shoot Martin for that reason before they can arrest him, charge him with a crime and require him to appear before a judge and a jury in a court of law.

But why bother with that, right? After all, as Representative Wilson said, " . . . we all know who the murderer is" despite the fact that no one yet knows if a murder occurred at all that night.

31 Mar 2012 05:14 #330 by PrintSmith

Soulshiner wrote: This entire situation started when Zimmerman stepped out of his car. He can call the police on a suspicious character if he wants, that's his right, but once he left his vehicle, an armed Zimmerman set the situation in motion. Martin was walking back to the condo after a 7-11 run, that's his right. The confrontation's beginning was when Zimmerman decided to exit his vehicle and exceed the boundries of a neighborhood watch, which he wasn't on. If he had seen Martin attacking someone or breaking into a house, that would be a different story. I hope none of you ever has to decide that you must follow the orders of an armed stranger who is stalking you in your neighborhood with nothing identifying them as an authority and commanding you to wait with them until the police arrive. If Zimmerman stays in the vehicle, the situation never happens. But Zimmerman decided he didn't like the look of the guy, so he took it upon himself to play vigilante.

More hysteric (and hysterical) hyperbole SS? Do you have any support for your allegation that Zimmerman commanded Trayvon to wait with him until the police arrived? Do you have any support for you allegation that Zimmerman was being a vigilante? Why is it, do you suppose, that Zimmerman exited his vehicle? If you are unsure, you can go back to approximately the 2:10 mark of the recorded conversation between him and the dispatcher to refresh your memory. Listen to that tape very carefully for a change SS. That tape contains a lot of information you seem to wish to overlook for some odd reason. Information that Zimmerman stopped chasing Martin within a few seconds of the dispatcher saying "we don't need you to do that." Information that Zimmerman had lost sight of Martin entirely (about a minute and a half after he stopped running after Martin) and had no idea of where he was. I know that the information available doesn't support with what you wish to believe, but the least you could do is stop spinning fantasies about what did happen so that the events do coincide with what you want to believe. You have no support for your allegation that Zimmerman tried to force Martin to wait with him after making him aware that he was armed, you have no support for your allegation that Zimmerman intended to administer an extralegal punishment for an alleged criminal act. And yet here you sit spewing your tripe as if all of it were established fact. The one thing you managed to contribute that bore at least some resemblance to reality is that Zimmerman exiting his vehicle was the beginning of the cascade of events that eventually led to Martin's death. That along with noting that Martin was on his way home from going to the 7/11 are the sole contributions contained in your last post that have any hint of accuracy.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds