thoughts on the Trayvon murder

29 Mar 2012 22:43 #281 by Mary Scott
I wonder what that cop is looking at on the back of Zimmerman's head at about 1:30 in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2012 22:45 #282 by Blazer Bob

plaidvillain wrote: then they really need some serious introspection. If one cannot accept the truth about who they actually are, what they honestly think and believe, they always have opportunity to change and grow. Denial and stubborn pride about "self" only further perpetuates the problem within our society.

Done much serious introspection lately?

30 Mar 2012 06:10 #283 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: The town of Sanford has released the security video of Zimmerman entering the police station. It shows absolutely no physical injuries, particularly no broken nose or head lacerations or any other sign of physical altercations which he is alleging.

Seriously Dog? You think that Zimmerman is such a good liar that he can convince the police and the paramedics that he has sustained injuries their own lying eyes can't even see and have them note nonexistent injuries in their narratives of what they witnessed first hand? I've seen many examples of your willingness to blindly parrot whatever is reverberating around the inside of the "progressive" echo chamber, but this one takes the cake. One would have to completely sever themselves from any tether to rational thought or reasoned actions to swallow that hook, line and sinker without batting an eye. Time to Google "useful idiot" and see if the first definition comes back "Something the Dog Said".

30 Mar 2012 06:13 #284 by FredHayek
More conflicting evidence-a grainy video versus an eyewitness.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Mar 2012 06:37 #285 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: then they really need some serious introspection. If one cannot accept the truth about who they actually are, what they honestly think and believe, they always have opportunity to change and grow. Denial and stubborn pride about "self" only further perpetuates the problem within our society.

I decided to take your advice and examine myself and my environment and I found some surprising results. I realized that I am both privileged and socialized only because I am a white living in a white racist system. People of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination. After this revelation I'm hoping I can find some sort of treatment for any incorrect attitudes regarding class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality that I may might hold. I think all the whites on 285 Bound should take PladVillain's advice and spend a few hours contemplating their inherent racism and possibly make a concerted effort to reverse this inbred evil that infects all of white society. And I think one of the first things that anyone can do to break this cycle of racism is to vote for our black white President Obama in the next election.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Mar 2012 07:10 #286 by Nobody that matters

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: And I think one of the first things that anyone can do to break this cycle of racism is to vote for our black white President Obama in the next election.

I contemplated my belly button for about a half second, flicked the lint into the trash and confirmed my initial reaction was correct...

Fawk No!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Mar 2012 07:53 #287 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, isn't it interesting that one of the officers that responded didn't bother to mention any injuries to Zimmerman whatsoever in his official report. Must not have been too important. And isn't it interesting that all the usual blame-the-victim Righties have is an ever-changing increasingly unbelievable version of the story the vigilante has told that just gets more and more embellished by people who weren't there.

And Toady is still Toady....

30 Mar 2012 08:11 #288 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
White Supremacists Hack Trayvon Martin’s Email & Social Media Accounts In Effort To Prove He Was A Thug

As you may have noticed, some right-wingers have been trying desperately to paint Trayvon Martin as a hoodlum so as to, I don’t know, prove that he had it coming to him when he was murdered by a cartoonish version of a trigger-happy “neighborhood watch captain?”

Why would alleged human beings with souls do such repugnant things, you ask? Well, sadly, it’s because mouth-breathing racists who literally hate people just because they look differently than them actually still exist in America.

In addition to Ms artin'Facebook messages, Klanklannon posted a list of usernames and passwords for Martin’s social media and email accounts as proof of his exploits. All of the passwords had been changed to racist slurs. (Gmail: “niggerniggernigger” Twitter: “coontrayvonnigger”)

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/0 ... something/

30 Mar 2012 08:19 #289 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, isn't it interesting that one of the officers that responded didn't bother to mention any injuries to Zimmerman whatsoever in his official report. Must not have been too important. And isn't it interesting that all the usual blame-the-victim Righties have is an ever-changing increasingly unbelievable version of the story the vigilante has told that just gets more and more embellished by people who weren't there.

And Toady is still Toady....

Nothing makes Zimmerman any more or less guilty of a possible crime. He may have overreacted, he may be in the least guilty of manslaughter and Trayvon death is tragic no matter how you look at it. And Zimmerman is going to have to live with this the rest of his life. The laws of Florida that allows this kind of self defense may have to be reconsidered. But try as they may, the left is loosing the manufactured narrative on this incident. It’s not working out for them in the least and the race-baiters on the left have been very silent. Maybe they have shut their divisive mouths for a while and we can get along with examining the real issues, such as black on black murders, true intentional racism and real racial violence and the true intentions of race-baiting politics.

It's people like you and the race baiters on the left who have no sympathy for Trayvon or his family. You're only interested on how you can use this killing to stir up more division and hatred. The usual suspects came back out of the woodwork and in no time they you had the radical elements on the left calling for Zimmerman's capture or killing. That's what the left can be proud of.

30 Mar 2012 08:20 #290 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote: White Supremacists Hack Trayvon Martin’s Email & Social Media Accounts In Effort To Prove He Was A Thug

As you may have noticed, some right-wingers have been trying desperately to paint Trayvon Martin as a hoodlum so as to, I don’t know, prove that he had it coming to him when he was murdered by a cartoonish version of a trigger-happy “neighborhood watch captain?”

Why would alleged human beings with souls do such repugnant things, you ask? Well, sadly, it’s because mouth-breathing racists who literally hate people just because they look differently than them actually still exist in America.

In addition to Ms artin'Facebook messages, Klanklannon posted a list of usernames and passwords for Martin’s social media and email accounts as proof of his exploits. All of the passwords had been changed to racist slurs. (Gmail: “niggerniggernigger” Twitter: “coontrayvonnigger”)

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/0 ... something/

You weren't concerned about the original hacked security video from the Sandford Police car bay?

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds