Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

15 Aug 2012 10:20 #41 by LadyJazzer
Or:

"Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan." –Mitt Romney, committing a gaffe while introducing his running mate, Norfolk, Va., Aug. 11, 2012

Gee, you'd think he would remember what office his running-mate is running for...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2012 10:23 #42 by FredHayek

Democracy4Sale wrote: Sorry... The Manufactured-Outrage-Of-The-Day quota has been all used up for today.

Not exactly, still has legs the next day.

And really, no lefties here will admit that Joe Biden is an embarassment? Archer even thinks he was a good choice. Personally I can think of 30 other Dems that would have been a better choice for VP.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Aug 2012 10:25 #43 by archer
Joe was certainly a better choice for Obama than Ryan is for Romney.

15 Aug 2012 10:29 #44 by FredHayek

archer wrote: Joe was certainly a better choice for Obama than Ryan is for Romney.

lol Conservatives are eagerly waiting for the bloodbath that will be the VP debate.

15 Aug 2012 10:33 #45 by LadyJazzer
So are Democrats... :lol:

15 Aug 2012 11:29 #46 by The 500 Foundation

archer wrote: Why would Obama not want Joe to speak in public? He is actually well liked across the nation and overseas as well. People relate to him. He is never condescending... He doesn't set himself on a pedestal, he talks with and to people, not at them. He's like everybody's favorite uncle, a little eccentric but smart as a whip. Ryan had better not underestimate Joe, he has made stronger candidates look like fools

that is the funniest load of crap I have ever read

I swear no one could say that with a straight face...
right?

15 Aug 2012 12:09 #47 by Rick

The 500 Foundation wrote:

archer wrote: Why would Obama not want Joe to speak in public? He is actually well liked across the nation and overseas as well. People relate to him. He is never condescending... He doesn't set himself on a pedestal, he talks with and to people, not at them. He's like everybody's favorite uncle, a little eccentric but smart as a whip. Ryan had better not underestimate Joe, he has made stronger candidates look like fools

that is the funniest load of crap I have ever read

I swear no one could say that with a straight face...
right?

Sorry archer, but i have to agree with 500 here. not sure which Joe you know, but the guy that's vice president has made more gaffes than Dan Quayle and Bush combined. Ryan's gonna eat him for lunch.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Aug 2012 12:25 #48 by pineinthegrass

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote: Joe was certainly a better choice for Obama than Ryan is for Romney.

lol Conservatives are eagerly waiting for the bloodbath that will be the VP debate.

Biden couldn't even put away political lightweight Palin in their debate.

And was Biden pandering to the African-Americans in the crowd (not that pandering is anything unusual in politics)? I get metaphors, but he said "they gonna put ya'll back in chains". He didn't need the word "back" in there. Without it, I could see a general metaphor. But when he says you'll be back in chains it comes across as being a much more specific reference.

15 Aug 2012 13:26 #49 by PrintSmith

Democracy4Sale wrote: Or:

"Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan." –Mitt Romney, committing a gaffe while introducing his running mate, Norfolk, Va., Aug. 11, 2012

Gee, you'd think he would remember what office his running-mate is running for...

Reminds me of when Obama did the same thing in the '08 race introducing Biden. The gotcha's may be entertaining, but are really of little consequence or barometers of any import.

More relevant is the blatant race card that Biden played with his remarks about returning black people to chains. A Republican can't even talk about calling a spade a spade when the reference pertains to shovels without the left getting apoplectic, let alone the wailing and gnashing of teeth that a direct reference to Democratic policies putting people back in chains would result in.

15 Aug 2012 13:35 #50 by FredHayek
The gotcha game? Can I play? How about Joe trying to drag the automotive industry back to the 20th century today?

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds