Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

16 Aug 2012 11:46 #81 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote:

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: would y'all be so mean to one another if you actually knew each other? I mean how do you think we are EVER going to get ANYTHING done any more if the people fall into the trap of fighting fighting fighting - I blame 24/7 cable hyping things up so much so that all of their talking heads can fill the time. We should be smarter than them and not allow their silly headlines and fabricated outrage control us. seriously.

:wave: A certain percentage of us are just having fun. You know, busting someone's chops. For example the Biden comment, I think Joe did think he was tailoring the message to the African American members of the audience, but he was essentially speaking to the choir and this won't affect the election.

Interesting historical footnote, Danville was the last capital of the Confederacy after Richmond fell. I wonder if Joe knew this. Probably not, couldn't even remember which state he was in.

So in order for conservatives to just have fun, you have to make up lies and inject race into posts? Look at all the racial lies you alone have made in this thread.

Start with the title, Joe Biden: Romney will bring back slavery - Absolute lie, Biden never mentioned slavery.
then your post that Biden was speaking to an African American crowd - Lie
then - Biden speaking with a "southern black accent" - Lie
then - NPR confirms that Biden was speaking to an African American crowd with a southern black accent - double lie
and on and on and on.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2012 11:56 #82 by FredHayek
I heard the words myself, they were said in a Southern accent. Not a Scranton accent. You are naive if you don't think Biden was infering a relationship between slavery and the big banks.
Not a lie, you are naive about politics.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Aug 2012 12:13 #83 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: I heard the words myself, they were said in a Southern accent. Not a Scranton accent. You are naive if you don't think Biden was infering a relationship between slavery and the big banks.
Not a lie, you are naive about politics.

No, you took his words out of context in order to create a racial slur.

Biden did infer a relationship between big banks and the chains they would put back around the average citizen if Romney was allowed to gut the Obama banking regs as he has promised to do. What Biden did not do was infer that Romeny would put blacks back into slavery. That is the point of disagreement and it is absolutely clear that Biden was not playing the race card as you and others have claimed. Biden did affect a "y all" as has every politician who has campaigned in the south. That does not make it a "southern black accent". You are the only person who has ever claimed that. No other report has stated that. Additionally, the audience matched the demographics of the danville population and was estimated by all media reports as less than a majority of African Americans. You claimed that it was all African American. You and others have claimed that Biden's remarks were directed solely to the African Americans in the audience, which clearly it was not.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Aug 2012 12:21 #84 by FredHayek
I said it was an African-American audience, not an all African-American audience.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Aug 2012 12:32 #85 by The 500 Foundation
it is hilarious seeing so many here try to defend beloved dummy Joe
I realize you cannot see it for yourselves butt,
even though I am sure you are not, it does makes you sound even stupider than he is...

no, really...it does

ya'll crack my independant ass up

:pop

16 Aug 2012 12:36 #86 by archer

The 500 Foundation wrote: it is hilarious seeing so many here try to defend beloved dummy Joe
even though I am sure you are not, it does makes you sound even stupider than he is...

no, really...it does

Not nearly as hilarious as it is to watch so many here twist themselves into a pretzel trying to justify their lies about Joe. If you lied, you lied, no amount of spin will change that fact.......the title of the thread alone is a lie, Joe did not say Romney would bring back slavery......it's really as simple as that.

16 Aug 2012 12:38 #87 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: I said it was an African-American audience, not an all African-American audience.

So when does an audience become an "African American" audience? When 1% is black, 10%, 50%, ?

16 Aug 2012 12:45 #88 by The 500 Foundation

archer wrote:

The 500 Foundation wrote: it is hilarious seeing so many here try to defend beloved dummy Joe

no, really...it does

Not nearly as hilarious as it is to watch so many here twist themselves into a pretzel trying to justify their lies about Joe. If you lied, you lied, no amount of spin will change that fact.......the title of the thread alone is a lie, Joe did not say Romney would bring back slavery......it's really as simple as that.

Please stay focused...
I never said that he did say slavery though anyone with an IQ high enough to
operate lungs knows damn well what he meant.

what I did say is that Joe Biden is an IDIOT
and that's no lie
and that far to many here sound like BIGGER idiots trying
to defend the things he says
that's no lie either.
just face it...your boy is an endless source of dumass.

rofllol

16 Aug 2012 12:49 #89 by Something the Dog Said

The 500 Foundation wrote:

archer wrote:

no, really...it does

Please stay focused...
I never said that he did say slavery though anyone with an IQ high enough to
operate lungs knows damn well what he meant.

what I did say is that Joe Biden is an IDIOT
and that's no lie
and that far to many here sound like BIGGER idiots trying
to defend the things he says
that's no lie either.
just face it...your boy is an endless source of dumass.

rofllol

At least he can spell. "dumass"
I wonder why conservatives are so panicked about VP Biden. Perhaps when you compare his record of accomplishments against their preferred VP candidate (as posted from other threads):
Ryan:
Drove the weinermobile
Passed two bills in 13 years (while collecting over one million dollars in taxpayer funds), one renaming a post office, the other lowering the excise taxes slightly on arrows. The last legislation that he passed was in 2006.

Wow!

Biden:
public defender
private attorney
property manager
Raised two young sons as a single parent after the death of his wife
passed 456 bills, including anti-terrorist, crime preventiion, authored almost every federal crime bill in the last 15 years, anti-steriods act, Violence against Women Act, crimes against children, bill to protect veterans assistance funding, bills to protect military personnel benefits, and on and on.

Biden has been a leader of the congressional effort to end genocide in Darfur.
In the late 1990s, Biden led the effort in the Senate to bring Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic into NATO and to pass the Chemical Weapons Treaty.
Biden has been instrumental in crafting almost every major piece of crime legislation over the past two decades. His Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 put more than 100,000 police officers on America's streets and has been credited with bringing crime rates down to the lowest point in a generation.
In 1996, Biden authored legislation to create a national registry of sex offenders, which tracks people convicted of sex crimes involving violence or committed against minors.
Biden authored and passed the landmark Violence Against Women Act, the strongest legislation to date that criminalizes domestic violence and holds batterers accountable.
Biden was a strong supporter of the Family and Medical Leave Act, cracked down on deadbeat dads, and has been a consistent champion for equal pay.
Biden was one of the first to introduce legislation to address global warming and he co-sponsored the most aggressive pieces of climate change legislation in the U.S. Senate.
Biden is a champion on the issue of making college more affordable by using the tax code to reduce costs.
Biden was successful in passing a provision that prevents budget cuts to military facilities while the nation is at war, an effort that shored up one of his key priorities -- top-notch medical treatment for all veterans in a fully-funded VA health care system. His son is served a tour of duty in Iraq as a member of the Delaware National Guard.

As chairman of the Senate Foreign relations committee he has worked on every piece of foreign legislation in the past decade, has visited every major country, met most major leaders.

Ryan's foreign relations experience - well he drove the weinermobile.

16 Aug 2012 13:08 #90 by archer
Biden may be everything the conservatives here say (though I disagree with their assessment), what is most likely bugging them is that "uncle Joe" is very popular across the nation, and very smart, in a folksy way that plays well to down-to-earth Americans.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds