Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

16 Aug 2012 14:35 #101 by LadyJazzer

Eager to connect with Southern voters, Mitt Romney on Friday burnished his business credentials -- and his newfound love for cheesy grits -- as he sought support for his Republican presidential campaign in Alabama and Mississippi.

Romney greeted supporters at a town hall meeting Friday in Jackson, Miss., with a hearty ''Morning, y'all!'' and said he started the day off right with ''a biscuit and some cheesy grits.''

[youtube:2y1mqznq]

[/youtube:2y1mqznq]

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/o0 ... ml?similar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2012 14:47 - 16 Aug 2012 14:55 #102 by Grady

Radford bakery that turned Biden away sells out of 'freedom cookies'
RADFORD — An Ohio man’s interaction with candidate Barack Obama in 2008 gave rise to “Joe the Plumber.”

Now, a Radford businessman’s decision not to host an “unscheduled” campaign event with Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday has sparked a news story that’s gone viral and led to a surge in business.

McMurray politely declined out of a difference in politics, and Biden instead went up the street to the River Street Grill instead.
At noon, McMurray turned down an interview request because he was too busy fielding a steady stream of orders, both from customers at the store and out-of-state patrons. A little more than an hour later, he closed the store because it had run out of cookie dough. It reopened a few minutes later, but with a sign in the window noting that only ice cream was being sold.

“It’s been a great day, a lot of great support,” McMurray said when he had a moment to talk. “A lot of folks are calling orders from out of state for local businesses and charities. That’s what we’ve got to catch up on.”

McMurray said the exchange with the Biden advance team had taken place just after he opened the store at 10 a.m.

“They said, ‘This is a place that we’ve identified for Mr. Biden’s stop,’ and they asked permission, if that would be OK,” McMurray said. “After much thought, I respectively declined. The exchange was very kind. It wasn’t at all heated. It was not at all hoarse. Even when she departed, it wasn’t at all ill-mannered. They were very nice. I told her no offense to the vice president, and she received that. We just had a difference of opinion politically.”

McMurray said that “convictions about my faith” factored into his decision not to host Biden. On a wall at the back of the bakery is painted this slogan, “Family: One of God’s masterpieces.”The other reason that McMurray declined was President Obama’s attitude toward business.

Roanoke Times

Good ole Popular Joe.

Edit to add: Wait there is more.

Here's the back story, we’re told that shortly after Crumb and Get It told Biden’s advance people 'no' -- the secret service walked in and told Chris McMurray ''Thanks for standing up and saying 'no' -- then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes.McMurray said he's hoping folks will understand he just didn't want to be part of a photo op for an administration whose policies he doesn’t agree with.

WDBJ 7

16 Aug 2012 14:51 #103 by FredHayek
They told me if I voted for McCain, I would have an idiot for a vice president. Looks like they were right, the country does have an idiot as a vice president.

The liberal media asked if it was time for the Dems to change up their ticket because of the imcompetence displayed on the campaign trail. Joe Biden responded: "It just wouldn't be fair to Barack to let him go."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Aug 2012 15:05 #104 by Something the Dog Said

Democracy4Sale wrote:

Eager to connect with Southern voters, Mitt Romney on Friday burnished his business credentials -- and his newfound love for cheesy grits -- as he sought support for his Republican presidential campaign in Alabama and Mississippi.

Romney greeted supporters at a town hall meeting Friday in Jackson, Miss., with a hearty ''Morning, y'all!'' and said he started the day off right with ''a biscuit and some cheesy grits.''

[youtube:3ihuqbgg]

[/youtube:3ihuqbgg]

So was that a southern white accent or a southern black accent?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Aug 2012 15:08 #105 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: It was more than just saying "y'all". It was all in the way he said it.

Right!! Amazing that only you and some unknown black comic are the only ones who caught it.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Aug 2012 15:24 #106 by archer

FredHayek wrote: They told me if I voted for McCain, I would have an idiot for a vice president. Looks like they were right, the country does have an idiot as a vice president.

The liberal media asked if it was time for the Dems to change up their ticket because of the imcompetence displayed on the campaign trail. Joe Biden responded: "It just wouldn't be fair to Barack to let him go."

If you are basing "idiocy" on pandering to the audience, making gaffs, and having a low favorability rating, then voting for Romney will give you an idiot for president. Is that better than an idiot for vice president????/

16 Aug 2012 15:57 #107 by Soulshiner
And he got so much free publicity he sold out of his inventory. Thanks Joe Biden is what he should say.

It's like conservatives are learning that if they go public with their opinions, they can make some money off of it.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

16 Aug 2012 16:13 #108 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Democracy4Sale wrote:

It was a lighthearted and humorous attempt to comply with the request of the governor of Mississippi and "say it right" while he was addressing the citizens of his State. Unlike Obama, or Biden for that matter, his diction throughout the speech wasn't altered in a feigned attempt to present himself as being something that he isn't. Notice the diction of Biden throughout his speech, particularly after his "chain" remark. Trying for a "Bill Clinton" sound perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Q1I6PIIuY

16 Aug 2012 16:37 #109 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Democracy4Sale wrote:

It was a lighthearted and humorous attempt to comply with the request of the governor of Mississippi and "say it right" while he was addressing the citizens of his State. Unlike Obama, or Biden for that matter, his diction throughout the speech wasn't altered in a feigned attempt to present himself as being something that he isn't. Notice the diction of Biden throughout his speech, particularly after his "chain" remark. Trying for a "Bill Clinton" sound perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Q1I6PIIuY

Printsmith, you still owe the readers of this forum an apology for your lie that VP Biden said that Romney will put blacks in chains.

16 Aug 2012 17:13 #110 by PrintSmith
I'm more of the opinion that Biden owes the union an apology for his remarks Dog. And based upon the content of a number of editorials written, including one in today's Denver Post, I am far from the only one holding that opinion even outside of those who, like myself, are registered Republicans.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds