Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

17 Aug 2012 14:45 #131 by FredHayek

Raees wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Per the Daily Caller today, Joe Biden was summoned to the White House and sent home early on a train to Delaware for the weekend. Preparing his exit strategy?

In an email to the Weekly Standard, Hillary Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines breaks out his rhyming skills to shoot down the latest rumor about Hillary Clinton and the vice presidency, which apparently involves a lunch between Clinton and Valerie Jarrett:

This did not happen
They did not have lunch
They did not have any meal
They did not meet this month
They did not meet last month
They did not meet in 2012
They did not meet in 2011, 2010, 2009
This is not happening
Truth is that Ed Klein is an idiot with not a shred of credibility
Truth is that Ed Klein's motto is “If at first you don't succeed, lie lie again.”

:lol: Good to see he took the time to write out a rhyme, but for Hilary Clinton to deny a story is just par for the course. Wasn't she the lady who blamed a right wing conspiracy for making up the story about Monica and her husband?

Even her husband lied about the relationship, "I didn't have sex with that woman."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2012 14:48 #132 by LadyJazzer
I believe that WAS the Right-wing Conspiracy that invented lies about Vince Foster, Whitewater, ad nauseum. And yes, they did make up stories that proved to be lies.

Imagine my surprise.

Speaking of lies:

http://romneytheliar.blogspot.com/

17 Aug 2012 15:03 #133 by PrintSmith
No one lied Dog - that's the point. Biden's remarks were targeted at the imagery of returning to being enslaved - that much is crystal clear. The only race of people bonded into slavery in the history of our union had black skin. It was a far from subtle reminder of both the history of our union and the skin color of our current president to the audience that was present to hear him speak. That is what I, and many others from all points of the political compass, have understood his words to mean. You believe the "explanation" for the remarks that the spin doctors in the campaign have chosen to say - all well and good. I am just correctly pointing out that you are among the minority which hold that opinion given the commentary that has emerged in the wake of Biden speaking those words. The editorial board at the Denver Post, which by any objective observation is left of center, has reached the very same conclusion that I have, as evidenced by their editorial in yesterday's edition, and they are not the only left of center group that has done so. From the left of center all the way to the fringes of the right wing the same conclusion has been reached. Now, if you want to call the vast majority of the population liars because they recognize what is as clearly evident as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face was while you choose not to, that is certainly your prerogative to do so, but you have to realize that such an outrageous claim is going to be judged by the character of the person making such a ridiculous statement.

17 Aug 2012 15:29 #134 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: No one lied Dog - that's the point. Biden's remarks were targeted at the imagery of returning to being enslaved - that much is crystal clear. The only race of people bonded into slavery in the history of our union had black skin. It was a far from subtle reminder of both the history of our union and the skin color of our current president to the audience that was present to hear him speak. That is what I, and many others from all points of the political compass, have understood his words to mean. You believe the "explanation" for the remarks that the spin doctors in the campaign have chosen to say - all well and good. I am just correctly pointing out that you are among the minority which hold that opinion given the commentary that has emerged in the wake of Biden speaking those words. The editorial board at the Denver Post, which by any objective observation is left of center, has reached the very same conclusion that I have, as evidenced by their editorial in yesterday's edition, and they are not the only left of center group that has done so. From the left of center all the way to the fringes of the right wing the same conclusion has been reached. Now, if you want to call the vast majority of the population liars because they recognize what is as clearly evident as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face was while you choose not to, that is certainly your prerogative to do so, but you have to realize that such an outrageous claim is going to be judged by the character of the person making such a ridiculous statement.

You can keep spinning, but the plain truth is there. Biden did not make any reference to race. You were the one who created that racial slur. Are you really saying that any reference to chains automatically refers to blacks? So when Romney talks about Obama shackling the american public, he only means the black portion of america? You would have to be an idiot to think that biden was really warning the black members of the audience that wall street was going to physically put them in chains. No, you fabricated a lie in order to create a racial slur.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Aug 2012 15:56 #135 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: No one lied Dog - that's the point. Biden's remarks were targeted at the imagery of returning to being enslaved - that much is crystal clear. The only race of people bonded into slavery in the history of our union had black skin. It was a far from subtle reminder of both the history of our union and the skin color of our current president to the audience that was present to hear him speak. That is what I, and many others from all points of the political compass, have understood his words to mean. You believe the "explanation" for the remarks that the spin doctors in the campaign have chosen to say - all well and good. I am just correctly pointing out that you are among the minority which hold that opinion given the commentary that has emerged in the wake of Biden speaking those words. The editorial board at the Denver Post, which by any objective observation is left of center, has reached the very same conclusion that I have, as evidenced by their editorial in yesterday's edition, and they are not the only left of center group that has done so. From the left of center all the way to the fringes of the right wing the same conclusion has been reached. Now, if you want to call the vast majority of the population liars because they recognize what is as clearly evident as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face was while you choose not to, that is certainly your prerogative to do so, but you have to realize that such an outrageous claim is going to be judged by the character of the person making such a ridiculous statement.

It is also a lie to claim that the Denver Post editorial board made the same conclusion that you did. Nowhere in that editorial did they claim that Biden played a race card, nor did they claim that Biden said that Wall Street was going to put blacks in chains. Those racial slurs were your own fabrication.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Aug 2012 17:35 #136 by PrintSmith
From the Denver Post editorial:

And then there's Joe Biden.

Addressing what The New York Times called "a mostly African-American" crowd in Virginia, he warned that Romney would "let big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

The sentiment — even if inartfully delivered — is off-base, offensive and has no place in the campaign.

Read more: Editorial: Presidential race to the bottom - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_21 ... z23qxlTlJ1

So tell us what, in your opinion, the editorial board at the Denver Post found to be "off-base, offensive and has no place in the campaign" if they didn't feel Biden was making a reference to the institution of slavery after noting that the crowd was "mostly African-American".

State your case Dog - the floor is all yours.

17 Aug 2012 17:44 #137 by Soulshiner
Jesus, 14 pages later. Is this all you have to bitch about? The race card is being played against the only candidates who actually are of a non-caucasian race? Trying to deflect the conversation away from the POLICIES of RMoney/Ryan is what you are doing, we all know it. Swiftboat all you want but if you keep on this one you are just showing that you are getting desperate and losing sleep over the idea that President Obama is going to be reelected because your candidates are empty suits that are slaves to the money machine and they are doing nothing to deny it.

I love it, getting your panties in a twist over a misrepresented statement while seniors, women, the minorities, the middle and lower classes are seeing RMoney/Ryan and their policies for what they really are. If RMoney keeps running on the I'm not Obama mantra, the election is going to be a lot easier for the Democrats then we thought.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

17 Aug 2012 17:46 #138 by LadyJazzer

Soulshiner wrote: If RMoney keeps running on the I'm not Obama mantra, the election is going to be a lot easier for the Democrats then we thought.

That's all they've got...And the Righties on this forum prove it daily....

17 Aug 2012 17:56 #139 by PrintSmith

Soulshiner wrote: Jesus, 14 pages later. Is this all you have to bitch about? The race card is being played against the only candidates who actually are of a non-caucasian race? Trying to deflect the conversation away from the POLICIES of Romney/Ryan is what you are doing, we all know it. Swiftboat all you want but if you keep on this one you are just showing that you are getting desperate and losing sleep over the idea that President Obama is going to be reelected because your candidates are empty suits that are slaves to the money machine and they are doing nothing to deny it.

I love it, getting your panties in a twist over a misrepresented statement while seniors, women, the minorities, the middle and lower classes are seeing Romney/Ryan and their policies for what they really are. If Romney keeps running on the I'm not Obama mantra, the election is going to be a lot easier for the Democrats then we thought.

Did you mean to say, "The race card is being played BY the only candidates who actually are of a non-caucasian race?" That would be a far more accurate statement than the one contained in your post after all. It's not like it's the first time they've done it, Bill Clinton was extremely upset when he was the target of such an offensive thing. Why shouldn't Romney/Ryan be as equally offended when it is being done to them by the same campaign?

The Denver Post had it exactly right when they said:

The unfortunate tone is being pushed hardest, though not exclusively, by President Obama and his allies, who seem to believe their only chance to win is with a Chicago-style, scorched-earth campaign.

Read more: Editorial: Presidential race to the bottom - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_21 ... z23r45cQPU

17 Aug 2012 18:16 #140 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: From the Denver Post editorial:

And then there's Joe Biden.

Addressing what The New York Times called "a mostly African-American" crowd in Virginia, he warned that Romney would "let big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

The sentiment — even if inartfully delivered — is off-base, offensive and has no place in the campaign.

Read more: Editorial: Presidential race to the bottom - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_21 ... z23qxlTlJ1

So tell us what, in your opinion, the editorial board at the Denver Post found to be "off-base, offensive and has no place in the campaign" if they didn't feel Biden was making a reference to the institution of slavery after noting that the crowd was "mostly African-American".

State your case Dog - the floor is all yours.

No, you have yet to make your case as to the Denver Post editorial staff stated that Biden stated that blacks would be put in chains. You made the claim, back it up.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds