Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

15 Aug 2012 15:25 #61 by FredHayek
When you talk about shackles with a southern, black accent, it means more than bank regulations.

And Biden may have done what you claim, but now he needs to be put to pasture before he embarrasses the current administration again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2012 15:32 #62 by Something the Dog Said
What exacty is a southern black accent? No one else is reporting that Joe Biden did or is even capable of speaking with a southern black accent. Y'all as pointed in the Mitt Romney ad is used by all types of individuals and is not limited to a single racial category.

Biden serves at the pleasure of the POTUS, and I am quite sure he will give your opinion all the due it deserves.

Here is the transcript of Biden's remarks. Tell truthfully if he is discussing putting blacks in chains as you, Printsmith and pineinthegrass shamefully claim or if he is talking about Wall Street:

"Look at what they value and look at their budget, and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

You should be ashamed of your remarks.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Aug 2012 15:34 #63 by PrintSmith
Come again Dog? A duly elected representative of the people serves at the pleasure of the POTUS? Since when, may I ask, was the Constitution thus "interpreted"?

15 Aug 2012 15:38 #64 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: Come again Dog? A duly elected representative of the people serves at the pleasure of the POTUS? Since when, may I ask, was the Constitution thus "interpreted"?

The Vice President serves at the pleasure of the POTUS. Since when do we have a separate election for the VP? President Obama is the only individual to discharge VP Biden from his duties as long as President Obama is POTUS.

I am waiting for your apology to this forum for your outright blatant racist lie in regard to VP Biden. Surely you have more character than making such a deliberate lie to this forum.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Aug 2012 16:00 #65 by archer
Maybe we need to have a special thread for stuff politicians say

a good one recently, Joe the Plumber (who is running for congress in OH) was in AZ at a fundraiser for an AZ senate candidate when he stated "put a damn fence on the border going to Mexico and start shooting". That ought to help out our relations with Mexico, but it got a lot of laughs from the audience
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... ooting.cnn

15 Aug 2012 17:43 #66 by Martin Ent Inc
Just heard his gaffe on the news, he's a total idiot.

Good ole pass the bottle Joe.

15 Aug 2012 17:45 #67 by LadyJazzer
It must drive the outrage-of-the-day RepubliNazis crazy when the crowd loves it, and the only ones who can muster up the faux-outrage are the usual ignorant wing-nuts from FauxNews & RedState... :lol:

15 Aug 2012 17:51 #68 by LadyJazzer
You know what I heard today that's even funnier?!?! Half-Governor Sarah Palin presuming to suggest to the Democratic party what they should about their V.P. (She, of course, being such an expert in failed, dead-weight, career-destroying vice-presidential nominees...) :lol:

You can't make this stuff up...

15 Aug 2012 18:02 #69 by pineinthegrass

Something the Dog Said wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote: Joe was certainly a better choice for Obama than Ryan is for Romney.

lol Conservatives are eagerly waiting for the bloodbath that will be the VP debate.

Biden couldn't even put away political lightweight Palin in their debate.

And was Biden pandering to the African-Americans in the crowd (not that pandering is anything unusual in politics)? I get metaphors, but he said "they gonna put ya'll back in chains". He didn't need the word "back" in there. Without it, I could see a general metaphor. But when he says you'll be back in chains it comes across as being a much more specific reference.

Only a racist would think that. His reference was to Wall Street, that Romney would overturn the banking regulation brought about by President Obama which would enable Wall Street (a metaphor for the financial industry) to once again shackle the average american.

All you got is playing the race card?

I explained my opinion. Again, the word "back" was unnecessary if all Biden ment to do was use a metaphor. But instead you claim anyone who dares disagree with you is a racist. Typical of you.

No you claimed that VP Biden was talking about putting the African - Americans in chains, which clearly in the context of his remarks he was not, nor was he speaking exclusively to African Americans. According to media reports, the majority of the audience were not African Americans. You, Fred, Printsmith, etc. are the ones who are making these remarks racist, when clearly they were not. You should be ashamed if you are not racist. The back was in reference to the days before the Obama banking regulations were enacted, that Romney would take us back to that time when we were at the mercy of the financial institutions that were running rampant.

I never called the remarks racist. You used the word, not me. I said he was pandering. And I never said he was speaking exclusively to African Americans. Don't attribute what you think others may of said to me. You are way out of line here.

You don't know what Biden really ment and neither do I. If it was just a metaphor, why did he use the word "chains" when a hundred other words would of worked just as well? I only expressed my opinion, and I should be free to do that without some jerk calling me a racist.

15 Aug 2012 18:10 #70 by Martin Ent Inc
At least he doesn't use a teleprompter.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds