Joe Biden: Romney Will Bring Back Slavery.

17 Aug 2012 11:47 #121 by Something the Dog Said

Grady wrote:

Raees wrote: The Right really seems to be focused on Biden right now.

Do you all REALLY think Biden's accent or lack thereof is REALLY the biggest issue in the campaign? Do you see how many threads you started on here are about Biden?

I'm embarrassed for you if you really think Biden is a big issue in the campaign.

It's what, where and to whom Biden said it not how he said it.

Ok, I'll bite. What, where and to whom did Biden say that was so "offensive"?

What he said:

"Look at what they value and look at their budget, and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Where he said it:

Dansville VA, an independent city in VA near the North Carolina border. About 43,000 residents, about 48% white, 48% black.

Whom:
media reports are that the audience was representative of the demographics of Dansville.

Not an African-American crowd, just an American crowd. No mention of blacks in chains, no mention of slavery, no "southern black accent".

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2012 11:49 #122 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: I'm more of the opinion that Biden owes the union an apology for his remarks Dog. And based upon the content of a number of editorials written, including one in today's Denver Post, I am far from the only one holding that opinion even outside of those who, like myself, are registered Republicans.

The support for your accusations comes from nothing other than the denial emanating from the mouths of politicians looking to undue the damage their words created. Judge the "clarification" of the comment and its subsequent retraction as you see fit and I will do the same. That you believe the proffered "explanation" doesn't mean that everyone else does. When one looks at the number of criticisms of those words and realizes that those criticisms are coming from every point of the political compass, one quickly understands that your belief on the matter is shared by only a small minority of the population.

If you wish to caricature me as a documented liar and a bearer of false witness Dog, by all means, feel free to do so. Your opinion on the matter is of no consequence to me or my character due to the source from which it emanates. Before one's comments on the character of another have any weight or consequences attached to them, those comments must come from someone who themselves could be said to possess a good character.

17 Aug 2012 11:49 #123 by FredHayek
Per the Daily Caller today, Joe Biden was summoned to the White House and sent home early on a train to Delaware for the weekend. Preparing his exit strategy?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Aug 2012 11:54 #124 by archer
Wow...never leave work early, people will think you have either been fired or planning to quit.

17 Aug 2012 11:56 #125 by LadyJazzer
Hmmmmm... That would explain all the trips back to Wasilla....

17 Aug 2012 13:44 #126 by Raees
[youtube:27lysen7]
[/youtube:27lysen7]

17 Aug 2012 13:48 #127 by Raees

FredHayek wrote: Per the Daily Caller today, Joe Biden was summoned to the White House and sent home early on a train to Delaware for the weekend. Preparing his exit strategy?

In an email to the Weekly Standard, Hillary Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines breaks out his rhyming skills to shoot down the latest rumor about Hillary Clinton and the vice presidency, which apparently involves a lunch between Clinton and Valerie Jarrett:

This did not happen
They did not have lunch
They did not have any meal
They did not meet this month
They did not meet last month
They did not meet in 2012
They did not meet in 2011, 2010, 2009
This is not happening
Truth is that Ed Klein is an idiot with not a shred of credibility
Truth is that Ed Klein's motto is “If at first you don't succeed, lie lie again.”

17 Aug 2012 13:52 #128 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: I'm more of the opinion that Biden owes the union an apology for his remarks Dog. And based upon the content of a number of editorials written, including one in today's Denver Post, I am far from the only one holding that opinion even outside of those who, like myself, are registered Republicans.

The support for your accusations comes from nothing other than the denial emanating from the mouths of politicians looking to undue the damage their words created. Judge the "clarification" of the comment and its subsequent retraction as you see fit and I will do the same. That you believe the proffered "explanation" doesn't mean that everyone else does. When one looks at the number of criticisms of those words and realizes that those criticisms are coming from every point of the political compass, one quickly understands that your belief on the matter is shared by only a small minority of the population.

If you wish to caricature me as a documented liar and a bearer of false witness Dog, by all means, feel free to do so. Your opinion on the matter is of no consequence to me or my character due to the source from which it emanates. Before one's comments on the character of another have any weight or consequences attached to them, those comments must come from someone who themselves could be said to possess a good character.

You have been caught in an out right documented lie intended to be a racial slur, and you pretend to take the high road. Not going to happen. Your true character is coming out.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Aug 2012 14:01 #129 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: You have been caught in an out right documented lie intended to be a racial slur, and you pretend to take the high road. Not going to happen. Your true character is coming out.

That is what you believe and one must attach meaning to its expression based upon the character of the one speaking. Given your character, it has no weight and no meaning.

17 Aug 2012 14:39 #130 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: You have been caught in an out right documented lie intended to be a racial slur, and you pretend to take the high road. Not going to happen. Your true character is coming out.

That is what you believe and one must attach meaning to its expression based upon the character of the one speaking. Given your character, it has no weight and no meaning.

How about letting your words speak for themself. Then others can decide your character.

VP Biden's remarks:

"Look at what they value and look at their budget, and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Printsmith's remarks
"More relevant is the blatant race card that Biden played with his remarks about returning black people to chains"

Hmm, so who lied?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds