Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied

25 Oct 2012 21:45 #21 by Raees

Email used to accuse White House of Libya "coverup" turns out to have been incorrect: http://ow.ly/eM4Qu

Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-Gate’

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya.

Host Greta Van Susteren asked Rice directly and repeatedly about a set of emails uncovered by Reuters. In what has been dubbed “Benghazi-Gate,” the conservative media has jumped on the emails as definitive proof that the Obama administration has been lying about what it knew and when in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Rice’s response was likely not what Van Susteren expected

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/ ... ter-libya/

[youtube:1yncfkeo]
[/youtube:1yncfkeo]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2012 22:30 #22 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied
I found her responses very reasonable. I missed the cold water she through at Benghazi-gate.

25 Oct 2012 22:30 #23 by archer
Then you missed the point she was making.

25 Oct 2012 22:35 #24 by CC
Perhaps it wasn't what you thought.

I didn't miss anything at all archer. That we should allow the proper folks to look at the process? I am all for that. My issue isn't as much with how the attack was handled though I personally believe someone was asleep at the wheel.
My issue is with an administration that has lied to cover obvious mistakes that were made.

27 Oct 2012 19:15 #25 by CC
What an incredibly decent man Mr. Woods is. Just watched an interview with him and the family.

28 Oct 2012 11:56 #26 by CC
Is this related to Benghazi?

Navy Replaces Admiral Leading Mideast Strike Group Because of Ongoing Investigation

In an unusual move, the Navy has replaced an admiral commanding an aircraft carrier strike group while it is deployed to the Middle East. The replacement was prompted by an Inspector General’s investigation of allegations of inappropriate leadership judgment.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, the commander of the USS John C. Stennis strike group, is being returned to the United States for temporary reassignment.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... stigation/

28 Oct 2012 16:56 #27 by navycpo7
Becky, it is a very unusal move. Kinda rare to relieve the Battle Group Commander in the middle or beginning of a major deployment. But this is 5th Fleet. Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf, Pacfic fleet etc or what we in the Navy calls the West Pac area of operations. It will however be interesting to see what the IG found that caused this, and how it was reported. Quite a few CO's have already been relieved this year for misconduct. The other things that I found interesting is that the Stennis was put underway for this deployment 4 to 5 months ahead of its normal deployment time. That is also unusal.

28 Oct 2012 18:29 #28 by Raees
GOP's Benghazi Smoking Gun Goes Up in Smoke

When a set of State Department emails were released Wednesday, one reporting that a local Islamist militia had claimed responsibility for the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya, conservatives thought they had the smoking gun that the Obama administration had lied about what had occurred.

Reuters reported Wednesday that on September 11—the day of the attack—a State Department email with the subject header "Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack" was sent to the White House. The message stated that "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli." Case closed, conservatives said: The White House had engaged in a cover-up.

"[T]he president and his advisers repeatedly told us the attack was spontaneous reaction to the anti-Muslim video and that it lacked information suggesting it was a terrorist assault," wrote Jennifer Rubin, president of the Washington Post's Mitt Romney fan club. "Bottom line? Barack Obama was willfully and knowingly lying to the American people," wrote Danielle Pletka, vice president for foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute. (Of course, the idea that the video played a role is not inconsistent with the idea that the attack was an "act of terror," a phrase the president himself used to describe the attack in the days following the incident.)

There's only one problem—well, actually, there are many, but one big one: The email appears to have been incorrect. Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi, the group suspected of attacking the consulate, never claimed responsibility for the assault.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/10 ... ate-emails

I hope for a very thorough and non-partisan investigation into what happened that isn't rushed by the upcoming election. Let the chips fall where they may.

28 Oct 2012 18:49 #29 by navycpo7

Raees wrote: GOP's Benghazi Smoking Gun Goes Up in Smoke

When a set of State Department emails were released Wednesday, one reporting that a local Islamist militia had claimed responsibility for the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya, conservatives thought they had the smoking gun that the Obama administration had lied about what had occurred.

Reuters reported Wednesday that on September 11—the day of the attack—a State Department email with the subject header "Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack" was sent to the White House. The message stated that "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli." Case closed, conservatives said: The White House had engaged in a cover-up.

"[T]he president and his advisers repeatedly told us the attack was spontaneous reaction to the anti-Muslim video and that it lacked information suggesting it was a terrorist assault," wrote Jennifer Rubin, president of the Washington Post's Mitt Romney fan club. "Bottom line? Barack Obama was willfully and knowingly lying to the American people," wrote Danielle Pletka, vice president for foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute. (Of course, the idea that the video played a role is not inconsistent with the idea that the attack was an "act of terror," a phrase the president himself used to describe the attack in the days following the incident.)

There's only one problem—well, actually, there are many, but one big one: The email appears to have been incorrect. Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi, the group suspected of attacking the consulate, never claimed responsibility for the assault.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/10 ... ate-emails

I hope for a very thorough and non-partisan investigation into what happened that isn't rushed by the upcoming election. Let the chips fall where they may.

And I hope that they do a damn through investigation and it comes out before the election. I also want those idiots in Washington to explain why there were AC130U's on scene and that the Navy Seal had lazer lock on where the mortar fire was coming from and the AC130U's were told not to fire. American lives could have been saved. The Navy Seal kept asking for support from the aircraft without results. I hope they fry the bastards responisble for this screw.

28 Oct 2012 19:58 #30 by Raees

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, though, denied the claims that requests for support were turned down.

"We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi," she said. "Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... z2AeJK9pev

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds