Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied

28 Oct 2012 22:38 #41 by archer

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood:
"We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi. Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night—and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”

http://www.govexec.com/defense/2012/10/ ... ied/59062/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 23:31 #42 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied
I am still unclear who's lives were saved.
I do know that there were heroes who gave their lives to try and save the Ambassador.
It is my understanding that several people violated orders to do so.

28 Oct 2012 23:35 #43 by LadyJazzer
Obviously, if you actually read the statement by the CIA your "understanding" is wrong.

"Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night—and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”

28 Oct 2012 23:57 #44 by archer
Again....this is why we have an investigation.....any time there is such chaos there will be conflicting reports. My issue is with the right wing media, yeah FOX and the right wing pundits, cherry picking those reports and running with those that fit their own political agenda...and sure, the left will do the same. This is all he said-she said until a full investigation is completed......let the families who lost loved ones grieve with some dignity, and leave the investigation up to the professionals. Turning this into a political football is disgusting.....and say what you will, the right is running rampant with this purely to give their candidate an advantage and bring down Obama. That is just wrong on so many levels. If Romney can't win in a fair fight then he surely doesn't deserve to be President.

29 Oct 2012 00:05 #45 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied
The problem with those families is they are speaking out and begging for information.

29 Oct 2012 00:10 #46 by archer

Becky wrote: The problem with those families is they are speaking out and begging for information.

I would be too.....but giving them false information is worse than giving them no information until the truth is known. It is no favor to them to give them lies or innuendo. They are grieving, and will latch onto whatever information the media or political hacks give them....and that info is incomplete at best......It makes me so angry to see politicians use these people at their most vulnerable to further their political goals.

29 Oct 2012 05:33 - 29 Oct 2012 06:47 #47 by Photo-fish
Becky, from some other stories I have read about this (and there are hundreds out there, many that are pure speculation about drones, C130s, requests for support, etc..) There were additionally at least 35 people that WERE rescued from the consulate compound and the CIA safe house very close by. I am surprised that the very detailed program you watched did not mention that.

Becky wrote: I watched a very detailed program today on the timeline of events that occurred there.
Very informative.

You see? There is still information that is coming in and we do need to investigate all this information in order to rule out the speculation and clear "the fog of war" so to speak. People throwing out terms like "Liars" or "Murdered" are making knee jerk reactions. They are not helping matters when they can't or won't wait for the investigation to be completed. This investigation will NOT be completed before the election, nor should it be forced to be. The rush to judgement is not practical to flesh out the whole truth. Libya is still a dangerous place to be for the investigators. Generals are being removed from command for whatever reasons. More information is being classified. Presumably to assist in the investigation but also to keep some sort of security in place for our other embassies, consulates and the good folke that work there.
There is still a threat to these people and putting them in danger just to rush judgement is wrong.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

29 Oct 2012 05:56 #48 by navycpo7
Photo fish is correct, many were saved by the actions of the Navy Seals that night,

29 Oct 2012 06:04 #49 by navycpo7

Becky wrote:

Raees wrote:

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, though, denied the claims that requests for support were turned down.

"We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi," she said. "Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... z2AeJK9pev

Well....someone is lying. I have a hard time believing that the boots on the ground would lie. What would the motive be?
The White House, on the other hand, does appear to have a motive.
Navy....I am extremely curious about the West Pac switch and what is behind it all. Our son did a few tours through West Pac. I just can't remember ever hearing about so much turn around and would love to know what is behind it.
The reasons for the investigation were omitted from the article.
Two high ranking military officials have been replaced this past week in that theater.

Not sure Becky, I am getting in touch with some friends that are still serving, couple of them went to the "Dark Side",(became officers), I am not going to say it had nothing to do with the whole screw up mess of Libya, but I would be surprized, as that falls under the command of Africa Command. Those in West Pac would not be able to send assistance.

29 Oct 2012 06:05 #50 by FredHayek

Democracy4Sale wrote: Obviously, if you actually read the statement by the CIA your "understanding" is wrong.

"Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night—and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”

It is called covering you a****'s.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds