18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

14 Dec 2012 14:55 #21 by cydl
I'd like to hear that theory, CG. I can't imagine what that was all about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2012 15:06 #22 by CinnamonGirl
Well my theory is on all of these horrific issues happening. I think it's a combination of several problems with our society over the last few years and it's all coming together. We can PM if you really want to talk about it.

Just a hug loved one today.

14 Dec 2012 16:16 #23 by LadyJazzer
Gee, we're up to 20 children, and a total of 27... Sounds like he had a chance to reload...

I'm impressed... So glad he was able to get those things...being protected by his "rights" and all....

14 Dec 2012 16:28 #24 by bailey bud

Adam Lanza’s older brother, 24-year-old Ryan, of Hoboken, N.J., was being questioned. The law enforcement official who said Adam Lanza had a possible personality disorder said Ryan Lanza had been extremely cooperative, was not believed to have any involvement in the rampage and was not under arrest or in custody.....

( Washington Post )

A 20 year old with 2 handguns would be breaking the law (legal age in CT is 21). The legality of those firearms won't really help the families of the victims, though.

I suspect we'll see at least some restrictions on firearms - done with political haste. I don't think they'll be terribly effective.

This is the third high profile shooting that I remember that involves a Glock (not terribly surprising, since they're widely bought and sold) - I suspect that high capacity Glocks will be a thing of the past. We'll be back to 10 rounds and less within a year.

I suspect high capacity rifle magazines will go away, as well. (AR-15 ---- Hot Lips for your Ruger, etc).

14 Dec 2012 17:04 #25 by The Boss
This sucks,

Not debating gun laws, but asking a very specific question.

Do people think that the types of people that do this crap would just stop and suck it up if there were no guns (literally no guns) or do they move onto death gas, blades and bombs?

I too think this has deeper roots in our society and the economy. The longer we drag out this depressing state of opportunity for the masses, the longer the time of tragedy goes on - the more people get shot, the more kids get abused, the more spouses get punched.

People just are not as happy as they were, they have less hope, without hope, people will do just about anything.

Just sucks, and this is likely the tip of the iceberg of innocent people that were hurt, died or otherwise ruined today in the world.

14 Dec 2012 17:39 #26 by otisptoadwater
Horrible news, so many lives taken for no reason. Heartbreaking that so many were so young. No words will ever console the parents and families effected by this kind of tragic event.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Dec 2012 17:42 #27 by Mtn Gramma

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, we're up to 20 children, and a total of 27... Sounds like he had a chance to reload...

I'm impressed... So glad he was able to get those things...being protected by his "rights" and all....

Per NBC news, the weapons were acquired and legally owned by his mother, for what it's worth.

14 Dec 2012 17:45 #28 by Soulshiner

Jekyll wrote:

Soulshiner wrote:

Jekyll wrote: Anyway, this just broke my heart, cause I know how the anti-gun people will use this macabre incident to their advantage.

THAT'S WHAT BROKE YOUR HEART?!?!?

A lot of it yea. Flaming jack holes such as yourself.

OFF TOPIC: Btw, from now on, if anyone has a problem, they can PM me with a time and place and say it to my face!

Yes, that's what we need is more violence.

Idiot.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

14 Dec 2012 18:52 #29 by Raees
Gun control wouldn't have prevented this. We're screwed.

14 Dec 2012 19:40 #30 by gmule

on that note wrote: This sucks,

Not debating gun laws, but asking a very specific question.

Do people think that the types of people that do this crap would just stop and suck it up if there were no guns (literally no guns) or do they move onto death gas, blades and bombs?

I too think this has deeper roots in our society and the economy. The longer we drag out this depressing state of opportunity for the masses, the longer the time of tragedy goes on - the more people get shot, the more kids get abused, the more spouses get punched.

People just are not as happy as they were, they have less hope, without hope, people will do just about anything.

Just sucks, and this is likely the tip of the iceberg of innocent people that were hurt, died or otherwise ruined today in the world.

Yes I believe so. This perp set people on fire.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... rth-denver

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds