18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

18 Dec 2012 11:48 #81 by gmule

LadyJazzer wrote: Save your "comforting words" for those too stupid enough to be swayed by the reality right in front of them...... Tell the families that have lost their children in schools; movie theaters; shopping malls; churches...

Even Joe Scarborough, (who got the highest rating from the NRA during his four terms in Congress), and still stood for the libertarian view about "movie maker's First Amendment rights, and gun-collector's Second Amendment rights" after Columbine, after Aurora, after Arizona

Scarborough: Newtown Shooting Made 'Ideologies Of My Past' On Guns Irrelevant (VIDEO)

Joe Scarborough said on Monday that the massacre in Newtown had forced him to rethink his "long-held" belief about gun rights.

In a lengthy monologue, Scarborough talked about how shaken up he had been by the killing of 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday. He noted that his children's ages averaged that of some of the murdered victims.

"From this day forward, nothing can ever be the same again," he said. "... Let this be our true landmark ... politicians can no longer be allowed to defend the status quo."

He said that he was a "conservative Republican" who had been solidly aligned with the NRA during his time in Congress, and had previously held libertarian views on the Second Amendment. But he added that Friday "changed everything":

Joe Scarborough wrote: "I knew that day that the ideologies of my past career were no longer relevant to the future that I want, that I demand for my children. Friday changed everything. It must change everything. We all must begin anew and demand that Washington's old way of doing business is no longer acceptable. Entertainment moguls don't have an absolute right to glorify murder while spreading mayhem in young minds across America. And our Bill of Rights does not guarantee gun manufacturers the absolute right to sell military-style, high-caliber, semi-automatic combat assault rifles with high-capacity magazines to whoever the hell they want.

It is time for Congress to put children before deadly dogmas. It's time for politicians to start focusing more on protecting our schoolyards than putting together their next fundraiser. It's time for Washington to stop trying to win endless wars overseas when we're losing the war at home ... For the sake of my four children and yours, I choose life and I choose change."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 15100.html

Powerful video. I guess the fact that one of the 6-year-old babies that's being put in the ground today was shot a total of 11 times with the assault weapons has gotten to be too much for him. It's time to drown out the usual crap chorus of "even if you did _______, it would not have stopped this tragedy." It's time to not let perfection be the enemy of the good. It's time to rein in the assault weapons and the high-cap magazines that can so easily fall into the hands of sick, twisted individuals who play too many violent video games, watch too many violent movies, and are so disaffected in their own environments that they are desensitized to killing, and the sociopathic feelings they get from their wacko parents (in this case). Nobody is saying the gun-nuts can't have guns... But it's time to close the faucet on the never-ending glut of military-style semi-automatic weapons and the high-cap magazines that were designed for one thing: killing.

I can already hear the arms manufacturer's and gun-shop owner's lobby screaming at the top of their lungs...not to mention the pre-recorded drivel from the NRA/all-guns-are-sacred wackos... But this time it's crossed the line...Things will never be the same. When you kill 20 6-7 year olds, (in some cases with ELEVEN (11) rounds), don't think for a minute that "the public's short memory" is going to make it go away this time. The public has listened to that crap for too long...and NOW it's getting personal.

Speaking or rights, May I point out the hypocrisy of the left that it is okay for a woman to keep her right to kill her unborn child if she chooses? As you said murder is murder right. Just so that you know 1.2 million babies were killed last year one by one being ripped apart limb by limb out of their mothers womb.Maybe we should these pictures on the nightly news and then we can see who is outraged

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2012 11:50 #82 by LadyJazzer

gmule wrote: Speaking or rights, May I point out the hypocrisy of the left that it is okay for a woman to keep her right to kill her unborn child if she chooses? As you said murder is murder right. Just so that you know 1.2 million babies were killed last year one by one being ripped apart limb by limb out of their mothers womb.Maybe we should these pictures on the nightly news and then we can see who is outraged

It's not hypocrisy...It's a legal procedure on something that is not yet a person. I don't give a flip about your extremist religious views.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

18 Dec 2012 11:55 #83 by ZHawke

LadyJazzer wrote:

gmule wrote: Speaking or rights, May I point out the hypocrisy of the left that it is okay for a woman to keep her right to kill her unborn child if she chooses? As you said murder is murder right. Just so that you know 1.2 million babies were killed last year one by one being ripped apart limb by limb out of their mothers womb.Maybe we should these pictures on the nightly news and then we can see who is outraged

It's not hypocrisy...It's a legal procedure on something that is not yet a person. I don't give a flip about your extremist religious views.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Well put, LJ (at least in my opinion, whether that matters or not). It baffles me why pro-gun people put out there that laws aimed at outlawing guns won't prevent gun violence, but laws outlawing abortions will prevent abortions.

TEACH PEACE!

18 Dec 2012 11:56 - 18 Dec 2012 12:02 #84 by FredHayek
And while the children in Conneticut are mourned nationally, 190 Colorado children died at the hands of parents and caregivers last year with nary a mention.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Dec 2012 12:02 #85 by LadyJazzer
Deflect, deflect, deflect....

If you want to start a thread about Colorado children's deaths "at the hands of parents and caregivers", feel free to do so...

THIS thread is about the 20 children, and 6 adults, murdered in cold blood by an assault-rifle carrying nutjob in Connecticut.

18 Dec 2012 12:04 #86 by FredHayek
Not a deflection, just a comparison. So many people are blaming guns, video games, and mental illness, but the most likely cause of death for children are their own parents.

18 Dec 2012 12:05 #87 by LadyJazzer
Not in this case, though... Is it.... Thank you for your, as usual, irrelevant deflection/comparison.

18 Dec 2012 12:06 #88 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Deflect, deflect, deflect....

If you want to start a thread about Colorado children's deaths "at the hands of parents and caregivers", feel free to do so...

THIS thread is about the 20 children, and 6 adults, murdered in cold blood by an assault-rifle carrying nutjob in Connecticut.

And once again the dead children in Colorado are brushed aside by someone with an agenda.

18 Dec 2012 12:06 #89 by LadyJazzer

18 Dec 2012 12:07 #90 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Deflect, deflect, deflect....

Better check your sources. The last info I heard was the shooter used pistols and the AR-15 was left in the car.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds