18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

17 Dec 2012 11:02 #61 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Is the public really fed up? A lot of pro-gun Dems and Republicans were re-elected last month and Obama did not run on his desire for a new Assault Weapons Ban. It would have been a good way to attack Mitt, right?

And what is your exact suggestion that you think would eliminate something like this?

Interesting stat: 93% of violent felons and murderers identify themselves as Democrats. Maybe we should make it illegal for card carrying Dems to buy firearms.

I've already stated what I believe what would be a good start.

Yes, I believe the American people are fed up...and the pressure is on to do something about it. The landscape has changed.

Spare me your undocumented, unsourced, irrelevant and un-referenced stats... They mean nothing coming from you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2012 11:14 #62 by cydl

akilina wrote: It is becoming more common place. How many students will die before it is realized that gun free zones make it easy for the mentally ill's notoriety?

Knowing that teachers are armed and well schooled in the use of firearms and protection of the children will dissuade some. They will have to get their notoriety somewhere else.

"Gun-free" zones are a joke. Having armed persons in schools seems to work well for Israel and closer to home Utah. Texas is beginning to see the wisdom of that too.

It seems a hideous irony to me that banks, stores, other places with large amounts of cash routinely have armed guards but schools that hold our nation's most precious commodity, our kids, do not.

17 Dec 2012 12:08 - 17 Dec 2012 12:32 #64 by FredHayek
Guess who has the toughest gun laws in the Western Hemisphere. Mexico. Sure stopped those cartels from getting firearms. (Luckily they had Obama's ATF as a source to supplement their arsenal.)

Meanwhile, Obama's words are once again spurring a record weekend in firearm sales in Colorado(Per KOA). And no figues yet on how many magazines were sold since he spoke.

Obama administration: deny US citizens from getting firearms but hand them out to foreign drug lords.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Dec 2012 12:19 #65 by LadyJazzer
The usual lame arguments from the NRA Kool-Aid drinkers... "Laws didn't stop it, so we shouldn't pass laws."

Colorado gun-nut sales are up? Imagine my surprise.

The landscape has changed...

P.S. Nancy Lanza, the mother of the shooter, had at least 5 guns...for "self-protection"... How did that work out for her? You know how many times that people with guns have the guns taken away from them by the perp and used against them? Yeah...Let's arm all the teachers....

Morons.

17 Dec 2012 14:30 #66 by Reverend Revelant
I think the US government should confiscate all guitars,

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Dec 2012 14:46 #67 by 2wlady

The usual lame arguments from the NRA Kool-Aid drinkers... "Laws didn't stop it, so we shouldn't pass laws."

Hey, that sounds like the MJ proponents. It worked for them.

17 Dec 2012 15:18 #68 by akilina

cydl wrote:

akilina wrote: It is becoming more common place. How many students will die before it is realized that gun free zones make it easy for the mentally ill's notoriety?

Knowing that teachers are armed and well schooled in the use of firearms and protection of the children will dissuade some. They will have to get their notoriety somewhere else.

"Gun-free" zones are a joke. Having armed persons in schools seems to work well for Israel and closer to home Utah. Texas is beginning to see the wisdom of that too.

It seems a hideous irony to me that banks, stores, other places with large amounts of cash routinely have armed guards but schools that hold our nation's most precious commodity, our kids, do not.

:like:

Pleased to see on the news that schools nationwide are reviewing their emergency procedures and getting armed security guards for those schools who want them. I can only hope that they have the requisite training to deal with the situations.

I know Conifer High School has a reasonably good system in place. If you walk up the sidewalk from the light to the school to drop off library books during school hours, a Jeffco deputy or other security will come meet you. They have you on surveillance long before you get there.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Dec 2012 15:38 #69 by Grady

Soulshiner wrote: Required service ONLY if EVERYONE has to do it, no deferments or ways out for the rich kids.

agreed

17 Dec 2012 15:43 #70 by Grady

Raees wrote:

Grady wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Doesn't Israel require everyone to serve in the military? Another example of a model I don't think we should follow.

I think it's a damn good idea. Many good things can be learned in the military, discipline, responsibility, team work, respect, sacrifice, honor, and not the least proper handling of and respect of weapons.

Because no former military guys have ever gone on a rampage.....

That is just about the stupidest statement I've heard in a long time.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds