18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

15 Dec 2012 11:32 #41 by Grady

plaidvillain wrote: Doesn't Israel require everyone to serve in the military? Another example of a model I don't think we should follow.

I think it's a damn good idea. Many good things can be learned in the military, discipline, responsibility, team work, respect, sacrifice, honor, and not the least proper handling of and respect of weapons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2012 11:34 #42 by Martin Ent Inc
Yes.

But may think that Military is BAD.

15 Dec 2012 11:39 #43 by plaidvillain

Grady wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Doesn't Israel require everyone to serve in the military? Another example of a model I don't think we should follow.

I think it's a damn good idea. Many good things can be learned in the military, discipline, responsibility, team work, respect, sacrifice, honor, and not the least proper handling of and respect of weapons.

Good! For YOU...is it up to you to decide for everyone? How free would we be if we were required to enter the gubment's military?

Look, the military is a great thing for many people, but it isn't for everyone. I think people should have the freedom to decide whether they want that to be a part of their lives or not.

15 Dec 2012 11:47 #44 by Martin Ent Inc
We used to have the DRAFT, OMG...

15 Dec 2012 11:48 #45 by Blazer Bob
As best as I can recall less than half of our youths meet the minimum requirements to serve in the military.

15 Dec 2012 11:52 #46 by Grady

plaidvillain wrote:

Grady wrote:

Good! For YOU...is it up to you to decide for everyone? How free would we be if we were required to enter the gubment's military?

Look, the military is a great thing for many people, but it isn't for everyone. I think people should have the freedom to decide whether they want that to be a part of their lives or not.

I think it should be a part of being a good citizen. Over 30 countries have compulsory military or non-combatant service. Yes they are many people who are unsuitable for military service however I think a non-combatant service role for those unsuitable would suffice.

15 Dec 2012 11:53 #47 by Martin Ent Inc
True, because most are on Prescription Drugs, due to the fact parents can't take responsibility in raising them. Spanking is a NO NO, teachers should raise your kids, the government should raise your kids, WORK!!!! Never just buy them a car, $$ replaces You as a parent.

15 Dec 2012 14:05 - 15 Dec 2012 14:12 #48 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Dear "Sorry generation",
I am sorry that no one ever said "no" to you. We plied you w/ video games to keep you quiet.A lot of those games were so violent that you might of been traumatized but we never said no to you bc we wanted you to "fit in" or maybe we just wanted to be your "friend" instead of your parent. Sorry...that we gave everyone an award at the sports event. You missed a basic lesson in pride and achievement, that even if you weren't the star player, you could have tried harder, like Michael Jordan did after he was cut from his freshman basketball team. We all have adversity- but you wouldn't know that, bc we indulged in the sense of entitlement that you felt you were "owed". You'll never know that sense of accomplishment when you "beat the odds". Sorry that we allowed you to participate in "social media"- it left you with no social skills and no real friends. We stopped showing you after school specials w/morality lessons- bc we didn't want to "impose" our morals. We mocked guys like Tim Tebow and idolized Charlie Sheen. We bred you on witches, vampires, ghost and zombies and then wonder why you don't respect human life. Sorry we never made you say the "Pledge of Allegiance". The lesson was less about "under God" and more about that a pledge was your bond and allegiance was loyalty- both qualities you lack. We should have taught you to be pro choice. Pro choice, not referring to abortion but that no matter what has been done to you- you have a CHOICE to be moral, decent, ethical person. Sorry we have become a society that blamed everything from conservatives, liberals, immigrants, native ppls, gays, straights, the rich, the poor, wifi, dial up, doctors,police, lawyers, comedians, actors,athletes, and even @Emeniem for the problem. We searched for answers that were right in front of us.
We failed you and now YOU are the problem.

You want to post the attribution and link (and edit it down for fair-use requirements) for the material you have plaigerized, or shall I?

15 Dec 2012 14:06 #49 by Raees

Grady wrote:

Because no former military guys have ever gone on a rampage.....

15 Dec 2012 15:14 #50 by Soulshiner
Required service ONLY if EVERYONE has to do it, no deferments or ways out for the rich kids.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds