All you gun nuts are stained by this

17 Dec 2012 19:20 #91 by chickaree

Science Chic wrote: I absolutely agree chickaree (good to see you again!).

:wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2012 18:16 #92 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic All you gun nuts are stained by this

chickaree wrote: I think it's time to hold the media responsible for their part in this. It should be illegal to report the name of the culprit. They should be fined for reporting false and unsubstantiated information.

Ah..It should never be illegal to report anything in America- its called Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Spech Cydl, and they are the pillars of our democracy, and #2...If you fined people for reporting unsubstantiated information we'd have to build 200 million more prison cells for everybody on the internet.

Ridiculous, and you agreed with her SC? Very dissapointed

18 Dec 2012 20:02 #93 by chickaree

Big Doug wrote:

chickaree wrote: I think it's time to hold the media responsible for their part in this. It should be illegal to report the name of the culprit. They should be fined for reporting false and unsubstantiated information.

Ah..It should never be illegal to report anything in America- its called Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Spech Cydl, and they are the pillars of our democracy, and #2...If you fined people for reporting unsubstantiated information we'd have to build 200 million more prison cells for everybody on the internet.

Ridiculous, and you agreed with her SC? Very dissapointed

You're right, Big Doug. It shouldn't be illegal. It should be vigorously discouraged.

19 Dec 2012 10:53 #94 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic All you gun nuts are stained by this
Alright then

19 Dec 2012 20:25 #95 by The Boss

Big Doug wrote:

on that note wrote:

Big Doug wrote:

on that note wrote: I have relearned a lesson with this event.

In mid sept of 2001 I was building one of my houses in the middle of the woods. No radio, no TV, didn't go out much. I went out that afternoon to get my oil changed and the guys a Jiffy Lube told me we were bombed, but they did not have clear info, they were talking about suiting up and going to Bosnia (which might have gone better than the way we did react).

Of course folks talked about it, but I had no TV, no internet, minimal radio use and I mostly looked at trees and cut them up day after day. 9-11 did not effect me the way other events like it in the past, even to this day, I feel less involved and better personally for it.

So for this event, I am a little more plugged in. I have seen no TV, a couple Huffpost/Drudge headlines and some of the threads here.

I think the best and most effective solution for this stuff is to really start to ignore it, to unplug a little. When you know about something that there is no reasonable reaction to, we still want to react, and for something this Tragic, we want to over react like we did and are still doing with 9-11. Once we unplug, watch less, play less TV joystick games, show our kids how to have fun playing with blocks or throw sticks at each other, they will have less of these ideas planted in their heads with the societal ringer we put them through.

Since the killer is dead, I say we just put the victim to rest and not ruin our country anymore than we already have with overreaction that has no results except to likely bring the next similar event closer.

And most of all, just ignore big doug looser cat rabbit. I mean look who he is driving around with, another nut that is ready to kill. This also means reading less around here, because although we all love it, I bet we are all worse people for interacting on the level we do. 285bound is a vice, and addiction, it feels so good while you are doing it, but hurts you and those around you in the long run....like most media.

Just speak for yourself OTN...Youre a wierdo and nobody wants to be like you- by putting blinders on...

Youre solution: Try to remain ignorant like me!

lol

No tv, no radio, just the drudge report and heresay from the Kum n Go clerk..Great advice there On that Note... rofllol

Ummm, I think I was speaking for myself, did my post come up with someone else's name? I was actually suggesting dropping the huff/drudge 285bound portion of my news gathering and focus on my neighborhood that I can see and walk over not having that be the only source. You're ignoring all kinds of issues. This is no big deal. I would prefer to be ignorant, just not quite like you. My goal is to leave my mark, be productive and perhaps happy if it fits in. Knowing about some nutbag that killed a bunch of folks really does not fit in with my goals, it's just damn interesting.

Thanks for continuing to be so abrasive, otherwise I would have been thrown for a loop. Who's your mentor? People don't just act like you without example.

No misunderstanding here-You said the best solution for us is to just ignore it.. because it works for you. Then I said nobody wants to be like you.

.and I don't follow anybodies example.

I though you said something about being a pilot, I did not know that you pioneered flying, eating and using a toilet too....or did you miss that your use of words implied that. The thing I cannot figure out is that if you don't follow anybody's example, why aren't you at all original in your thoughts or actions that you describe here?

And please help me, tell me how dwelling on this is helping your life. Planning something? be careful you need to not follow.

19 Dec 2012 20:27 #96 by The Boss

Big Doug wrote: Its really not cool to be into guns right now..I'd find a new hobby if I were you

And then you hint a peer pressure.

20 Dec 2012 07:47 #97 by FredHayek

on that note wrote:

Big Doug wrote: Its really not cool to be into guns right now..I'd find a new hobby if I were you

And then you hint a peer pressure.

Actually with all the requests I have received this week from coworkers trying to buy my firearms, I think gun ownership is expanding, not declining.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 08:01 #98 by Martin Ent Inc

20 Dec 2012 08:49 #99 by FredHayek
NRA is reporting 8000 new members a day, and I wonder how many members are upgrading theirs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 09:09 #100 by cydl
Lots of donations also, I hear.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds