All you gun nuts are stained by this

16 Dec 2012 19:19 - 16 Dec 2012 19:45 #41 by Raees
You're just too stupid to get the sarcasm and your disapproval of my comments means nothing to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2012 19:22 #42 by Raees

navycpo7 wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Latest report is that the mother was a "prepper" and was turning her house into a "fortress" to repel the mass invaders from the city when the economy collapsed.

Who says right-wing insanity is not contagious....

Sorry didn't read or hear anything about her political anything. So unless there is some proof she was a so called right winger, just another rumor.

Thanks for admitting left wingers can also own guns.

16 Dec 2012 19:56 #43 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, a gun-collector, (total number not known yet, but at least five of them); home-schooler; recluse, always talking about "being prepared for the worst"...

[She] was part of the “prepper” movement, which urges readiness for social chaos by hoarding supplies and training with weapons.

“She prepared for the worst,” her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters. “Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping – are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

http://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-la ... ns-2012-12

That sound like a liberal to anyone here?

I didn't think so... I stand by my statement....Another right-wing wacko.

17 Dec 2012 06:39 #44 by navycpo7

Raees wrote: You're just too stupid to get the sarcasm and your disapproval of my comments means nothing to me.

There was no sarcasm involved, there was you trying to push some buttons on folks. As for my disapproval of your comments, didn't say I disapproved, just said you seem to always come up with stupid comments. That was a stupid comment.

17 Dec 2012 08:18 #45 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic All you gun nuts are stained by this
I havent read any of this thread because i'm just not interested...But I want to reteriate that

I don't look at you gun nuts the same way I did last week, last week you just had a strange and boring hobby, while this week youre making me sick.

17 Dec 2012 08:31 #46 by UNDER MODERATION
I was out with somebody over the weekend, he had a gun. We were approached by a guy asking for spare change in a remote part of a parking lot..My " friend" said "get in the car""get in the car" "get in the car". I didn't get in the car. I gave the guy my spare change and he left...My friend wanted me to get in the car because if the guy opened the car door he could legally shoot and kill him. He dreams of senarios where he could legally kill a person, and even trys to bait people into the situation...I told him he should have become a cop.

When I was a kid I used to dream about being on a 747 where the pilots would be incapacitated and i'd land the plane safely saving 400 lives..This creep dreams of killing people..And so do all you NRA magazine reading gun nuts here...

Youre sick

17 Dec 2012 08:45 #47 by The Boss
I have relearned a lesson with this event.

In mid sept of 2001 I was building one of my houses in the middle of the woods. No radio, no TV, didn't go out much. I went out that afternoon to get my oil changed and the guys a Jiffy Lube told me we were bombed, but they did not have clear info, they were talking about suiting up and going to Bosnia (which might have gone better than the way we did react).

Of course folks talked about it, but I had no TV, no internet, minimal radio use and I mostly looked at trees and cut them up day after day. 9-11 did not effect me the way other events like it in the past, even to this day, I feel less involved and better personally for it.

So for this event, I am a little more plugged in. I have seen no TV, a couple Huffpost/Drudge headlines and some of the threads here.

I think the best and most effective solution for this stuff is to really start to ignore it, to unplug a little. When you know about something that there is no reasonable reaction to, we still want to react, and for something this Tragic, we want to over react like we did and are still doing with 9-11. Once we unplug, watch less, play less TV joystick games, show our kids how to have fun playing with blocks or throw sticks at each other, they will have less of these ideas planted in their heads with the societal ringer we put them through.

Since the killer is dead, I say we just put the victim to rest and not ruin our country anymore than we already have with overreaction that has no results except to likely bring the next similar event closer.

And most of all, just ignore big doug looser cat rabbit. I mean look who he is driving around with, another nut that is ready to kill. This also means reading less around here, because although we all love it, I bet we are all worse people for interacting on the level we do. 285bound is a vice, and addiction, it feels so good while you are doing it, but hurts you and those around you in the long run....like most media.

17 Dec 2012 08:48 - 17 Dec 2012 08:51 #48 by LadyJazzer
Even Joe Scarborough, (who got the highest rating from the NRA during his four terms in Congress), and still stood for the libertarian view about "movie maker's First Amendment rights, and gun-collector's Second Amendment rights" after Columbine, after Aurora, after Arizona

Scarborough: Newtown Shooting Made 'Ideologies Of My Past' On Guns Irrelevant (VIDEO)

Joe Scarborough said on Monday that the massacre in Newtown had forced him to rethink his "long-held" belief about gun rights.

In a lengthy monologue, Scarborough talked about how shaken up he had been by the killing of 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday. He noted that his children's ages averaged that of some of the murdered victims.

"From this day forward, nothing can ever be the same again," he said. "... Let this be our true landmark ... politicians can no longer be allowed to defend the status quo."

He said that he was a "conservative Republican" who had been solidly aligned with the NRA during his time in Congress, and had previously held libertarian views on the Second Amendment. But he added that Friday "changed everything":

Joe Scarborough wrote: "I knew that day that the ideologies of my past career were no longer relevant to the future that I want, that I demand for my children. Friday changed everything. It must change everything. We all must begin anew and demand that Washington's old way of doing business is no longer acceptable. Entertainment moguls don't have an absolute right to glorify murder while spreading mayhem in young minds across America. And our Bill of Rights does not guarantee gun manufacturers the absolute right to sell military-style, high-caliber, semi-automatic combat assault rifles with high-capacity magazines to whoever the hell they want.

It is time for Congress to put children before deadly dogmas. It's time for politicians to start focusing more on protecting our schoolyards than putting together their next fundraiser. It's time for Washington to stop trying to win endless wars overseas when we're losing the war at home ... For the sake of my four children and yours, I choose life and I choose change."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 15100.html

Powerful video. I guess the fact that one of the 6-year-old babies that's being put in the ground today was shot a total of 11 times with the assault weapons has gotten to be too much for him. It's time to drown out the usual crap chorus of "even if you did _______, it would not have stopped this tragedy." It's time to not let perfection be the enemy of the good. It's time to rein in the assault weapons and the high-cap magazines that can so easily fall into the hands of sick, twisted individuals who play too many violent video games, watch too many violent movies, and are so disaffected in their own environments that they are desensitized to killing, and the sociopathic feelings they get from their wacko parents (in this case). Nobody is saying the gun-nuts can't have guns... But it's time to close the faucet on the never-ending glut of military-style semi-automatic weapons and the high-cap magazines that were designed for one thing: killing.

I can already hear the arms manufacturer's and gun-shop owner's lobby screaming at the top of their lungs...not to mention the pre-recorded drivel from the NRA/all-guns-are-sacred wackos... But this time it's crossed the line...Things will never be the same. When you kill 20 6-7 year olds, (in some cases with ELEVEN (11) rounds), don't think for a minute that "the public's short memory" is going to make it go away this time. The public has listened to that crap for too long...and NOW it's getting personal.

17 Dec 2012 08:50 #49 by UNDER MODERATION

on that note wrote: I have relearned a lesson with this event.

In mid sept of 2001 I was building one of my houses in the middle of the woods. No radio, no TV, didn't go out much. I went out that afternoon to get my oil changed and the guys a Jiffy Lube told me we were bombed, but they did not have clear info, they were talking about suiting up and going to Bosnia (which might have gone better than the way we did react).

Of course folks talked about it, but I had no TV, no internet, minimal radio use and I mostly looked at trees and cut them up day after day. 9-11 did not effect me the way other events like it in the past, even to this day, I feel less involved and better personally for it.

So for this event, I am a little more plugged in. I have seen no TV, a couple Huffpost/Drudge headlines and some of the threads here.

I think the best and most effective solution for this stuff is to really start to ignore it, to unplug a little. When you know about something that there is no reasonable reaction to, we still want to react, and for something this Tragic, we want to over react like we did and are still doing with 9-11. Once we unplug, watch less, play less TV joystick games, show our kids how to have fun playing with blocks or throw sticks at each other, they will have less of these ideas planted in their heads with the societal ringer we put them through.

Since the killer is dead, I say we just put the victim to rest and not ruin our country anymore than we already have with overreaction that has no results except to likely bring the next similar event closer.

And most of all, just ignore big doug looser cat rabbit. I mean look who he is driving around with, another nut that is ready to kill. This also means reading less around here, because although we all love it, I bet we are all worse people for interacting on the level we do. 285bound is a vice, and addiction, it feels so good while you are doing it, but hurts you and those around you in the long run....like most media.

Just speak for yourself OTN...Youre a wierdo and nobody wants to be like you- by putting blinders on...

Youre solution: Try to remain ignorant like me!

lol

No tv, no radio, just the drudge report and heresay from the Kum n Go clerk..Great advice there On that Note... rofllol

17 Dec 2012 09:01 #50 by 2wlady
Sounds like the mother didn't have enough to keep her occupied. Her son was twenty and while he had problems, they didn't take up all her time. She loved to garden. She also went to a local restaurant/bar several evenings a week. Didn't talk about her homelife. I wonder if her ex gave her the house and plenty to live on so he wouldn't have to deal with his younger son.

I don't understand how a parent with a screwed up kid would keep guns where he could access them.

What about some of these psychiatrists claiming studies were done that showed how, after three violent video games, the brain had changed to disregard value of life. and inured to violence?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds