All you gun nuts are stained by this

15 Dec 2012 13:37 #11 by ScienceChic
Big Doug, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and to express it. However, when you start by saying [quoteemBig Doug:33jcxlzw]all you wierdos clinging to your guns are forever stained by all of this...

Shame on you[/quoteem:33jcxlzw] then you are looking for a reaction.

Big Doug wrote: I'm not trolling...!?

These "people" make me sick..I support abortion but I don't celebrate it..And I support gun rights, but these guys whole indentities are wrapped up in guns..Last week they were ooh'ing and awe'ing over pictures of handguns and hand guns aren't good for anything other than killing people..

Its sick. Thats what I think SC

So don't call me a troll for expressing my honest opinions- Try reading your own signature- I gotta be just like everyone else or i'm a troll? Thats sick too

This post works just fine for me, the first I view as trolling because by saying "you weirdos" you are attacking those here that you know defend gun rights. No, you don't have to be like everyone else, that's the beauty of us humans. But you can express an opinion without making it personal, which is what the Courthouse is for; you wanna make it personal, take it to The Ring. And all I've ever asked is that you post where it's appropriate.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2012 13:49 #12 by FOS
op is scum

15 Dec 2012 14:01 #13 by ScienceChic
I don't think so, I think he just doesn't know when/where to be appropriate and when not to, and doesn't care who's hurt when he spouts off to get attention.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Dec 2012 14:54 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic All you gun nuts are stained by this

Big Doug wrote: And in my mind- all you gun nuts just dropped a few notches in my book...So I made this post..Trolls try to get reactions. I don't give a **** about your reactions to it....I couldnt care less what you think about anything- and probably wont read another post here

I do not think you were trolling. I thought you were hypocritical in your statement. And VL, I get you. You know that.

He is just overstating to get a conversation going. I always appreciated that about you, especially when my job was to start conversations on a board. So, hopefully I am mad at your statement for the "right" reason. LOL

15 Dec 2012 15:55 #15 by FOS
Like I said. Scum

15 Dec 2012 17:54 #16 by CinnamonGirl

I am not religious but I object to the way we are not supposed to believe what we believe.
And Christianity has been unfairly characterized. Hanukkah and Christmas should be allowed everywhere. Stop taking away and start adding. Love (no matter who you are, what you believe and what you look like) should be the first thing to add.

15 Dec 2012 18:02 #17 by The Boss
I think Big Doug is stained.

I have never even seen a real gun, have you Big Doug, because that would put you closer to being the shooter than me and thus more stained right?

Whatevah.

Douchebags that use force just suck, ALLLLLLL of them. This kid was one of them, but just one. Anyone who uses force is guilty of the same crime, just not the same degree.

If the loosers that use force really want to accomplish something, try convincing someone to do something, it is WAAAAAY harder than buying or shooting a gun, pretty much anyone can do that...for now.

15 Dec 2012 18:04 - 15 Dec 2012 18:12 #18 by plaidvillain

CinnamonGirl wrote: I am not religious but I object to the way we are not supposed to believe what we believe.
And Christianity has been unfairly characterized. Hanukkah and Christmas should be allowed everywhere. Stop taking away and start adding. Love (no matter who you are, what you believe and what you look like) should be the first thing to add.

Wrong. Completely. Keep your religion to yourself. You wanna put up Christmas lights?...on your house? You've got every right. You want the school to pray, you want god in the schools?...No way. My kid doesn't need to be pressured by that garbage. You'd be okay if schools started praying to Allah? I don't think so.

I find that picture offensive. God wouldn't (didn't) have stopped what happened in CT...nor would any amount of prayer. To suggest these things wouldn't happen if we had prayer in schools is really disgusting.

15 Dec 2012 19:57 #19 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote: I am not religious but I object to the way we are not supposed to believe what we believe.

I absolutely disagree with that t-shirt and I greatly object to religion in schools as well - that's something that is personal and should be taught by families strictly on personal time. No one is telling you not to believe what you believe, it just isn't to be taught in schools per our separation of church and state. If I wanted my kids to receive religious education in addition to regular education, then I'd enroll them in a private school that does that. Hanukkah and Christmas are allowed everywhere they should be - in private residences, churches, and some public venues. They do not belong in schools, same as Creationism, Intelligent Design, and politically-motivated dictation of science teaching.

[quoteemplaidvillain:10z5wszg]God wouldn't (didn't) have stopped what happened in CT...nor would any amount of prayer. To suggest these things wouldn't happen if we had prayer in schools is really disgusting.[/quoteem:10z5wszg]Agreed. Why not ask, "Why does God allow violence anywhere?" He allows over 2 million children to be trafficked and used as sex slaves every year, why does He allow that? That this event occurred in a school has nothing to do with the presence or absence of some supposed higher being and to go there is just as bad, IMO, as people calling for gun bans immediately after this event. It's blaming the wrong thing for causing this tragedy and will do nothing to solve our society's problems.

15 Dec 2012 20:02 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Of course you disagree. I understand that parents do not want their child to be taught religion in schools. I understand that but you guys are picking and choosing what can and cannot be allowed. Let's go back through this forum at all the times you made fun of creationists and are forcing them to believe what you believe. You all have an agenda, you just want your agenda to win.

I am saying let us talk about everything or nothing. There is no in between unless you want to stomp on someone's rights. I am not in favor or prayer in schools just FYI. I am just trying to make a point.

And my point of God is that there are some pretty good values in religion that teaches people not to kill. Whether you believe in God or not the pendulum with hating of Christians has gone too far. JMO.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds